Sig P250

This is a discussion on Sig P250 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Never shot a 250. I do own a 229 though and its an outstanding pistol. I went to the gun show yesterday and handled a ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sig P250

Never shot a 250. I do own a 229 though and its an outstanding pistol. I went to the gun show yesterday and handled a 250 and It didn't feel right. Something about a Sig that's only $380 New just doesn't seem right to me so I passes it up.
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

2. Remove Ads

Where are you lads getting 250s for under 400???

My LGS still has them for over $550.

Quote Originally Posted by n3ss View Post

Brand new one at the Barre gun show yesterday for $380
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    I do own the P250 compact, and the P250 2sum all in 9mm. I have to say they are the best shooting 9mms Ive ever shot. Out of 5000 plus rounds down the tube I've only had 1 malfunction which I'm pretty sure was the round itself and not the pistol. There has been a lot of bad press about the P250 the past few years with considers in realibility. From my understanding the early problems was due to the German design of it, they moved some of the design issues over here where the American engineers worked out the bugs. Yes the trigger on it is long but light, but I do find this for me to be better than the DA/SA of the P226/P229s because of training and muscle memory. I also see the DA/SA weapons in the hands of rookies as being a safety issue. I've seen more than 1 ND with a DA/SA weapon because they forgot to drop the hammer, and either they were playing with it or holstered it and caught the retention strap in the trigger guard.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Texag View Post
    Other than it being a very bad choice?
    I totally reject this response. This is the typical response from someone who has never owned a Sig 250, and it's based solely on what you've heard.

I have a 250 9mm Subcompact, and I would tell you with clear conscience to buy it with the confidence that you are getting a great gun, and a great carry piece. I also own a 250 compact in 45 ACP. Together they are part of my daily carry rotation, and I trust my life to them implicitly!

My local gun shop & range has a 250 compacts in 9mm, 40, and 45 acp. as a rental guns. The owner told me the guns get cleaned once a month, and have many thousands of rounds through them with no problems.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Quote Originally Posted by Freedomofchoice View Post
    I totally reject this response. This is the typical response from someone who has never owned a Sig 250, and it's based solely on what you've heard.
    Until a few months ago I'd never been full on punched in the face with bare knuckles. However, despite living the vast majority of my life without having firsthand experience in this matter, I knew it was going to suck. Turns out I was right, and the results were in line with what I predicted.

When multiple guns are run with decent round counts, the consensus is that they suck. Should I ignore that because some maybe 5 guys from the internet said their guns run fine but don't really provide more detail than that?

Until a few months ago I'd never been full on punched in the face with bare knuckles. However, despite living the vast majority of my life without having firsthand experience in this matter, I knew it was going to suck. Turns out I was right, and the results were in line with what I predicted.

When multiple guns are run with decent round counts, the consensus is that they suck. Should I ignore that because some maybe 5 guys from the internet said their guns run fine but don't really provide more detail than that?
    Is it possible the New Sig's may have quirks worked out since im sure those studies are from its early deployment.

If you haven't shot/owned the gun, how can you have a legitimate opinion on the reliability or quality of the gun? Anyone can regurgitate bad reviews from forum posts dated in 2007 when the weapon first came out.

Anyway OP, you can't go wrong with the sig, or any of the other options out there (xd, glock, m&p, whatever). If

I have a P250 with about 1500 rounds through it with no problem. I know others that have one and no problems. The bad comments on all the forums are mostly from people that read somewhere that it had a problems, some have not even held one, let alone shoot one. It is a DAO and some people say they do not like the trigger and I can understand that. I got used to a revolver when I was younger and I really like the long pull. If one gun was comfortable for everyone there would be no use for other brands but that will not happen. Fords, chevys, dodges, etc, not one appeals to everyone. I have different brands of pistols and they all have their own character and I pick which one to shoot depending on my mood at the time.

What about SP2022? I've fired the P250 in .40 and 9mm and personally prefer the SP2022 over it. The P250 felt "plastic" (as in toy like) to me. My SP (9mm) felt like a firearm. I have found my SP2022 an absolute joy to shoot and it has become my primary holstered CCW piece. I highly recommended it as an easy to break down, accurate to shoot, reliable gun. Don't get me wrong, it is not a P226 but it is verrrry close.
    Got Sig? SP2022

If you were going to shoot a mime, would you use a silencer?

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    The Glock 22 Gen 4 has had reported problems, the M&Ps have had problems where the LA County Sheriff pulled them from use, Ruger LCPs have had issues, Kimbers have had reported issues, Springfield had early problems with the XD and other gun manufactures have had issues with certain designs. So to judge a gun design due to early problems that the manufacture worked with and was able to fix is just retarted. I find the P250 very shoot-able for the long trigger pull, and the Special Forces weapons guys I had shoot mine, really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by n3ss View Post

Sig dropped the price of them because of the contracts they (sig) lost, and have a huge glut of the guns..........The store where I work part time sells em brand new for about 425.00. I also spoke to a Inspector friend of mine who still works at the Exeter Nh facility ( I once wrked for Sig too, making the frames and slides etc) and I can tell ya, DON'T pay more than 400.00 for one....or 465.00 with night sights
    The 2022 and 2340 guns still come from switzerland....I prefer the OLDER Germand made Sigs..(No MIM Parts in them)....Might want to look into a German proofed P228 P226 P220 P225 Tyson's corner/ herndon Va gun or a real early Interarms Import gun.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    Sig dropped the price of them because of the contracts they (sig) lost, and have a huge glut of the guns..........The store where I work part time sells em brand new for about 425.00. I also spoke to a Inspector friend of mine who still works at the Exeter Nh facility ( I once wrked for Sig too, making the frames and slides etc) and I can tell ya, DON'T pay more than 400.00 for one....or 465.00 with night sights
    The 2209 and 2340 guns still come from switzerland....I prefer the OLDER Germand made Sigs......Might want to look into a German proofed P228 Tyson's corner/ herndon Va gun or a real early Interarms Import gun.
    make sense, I paid my SP2022 at Academy for $399. With total tax is $438. it made in Exeter, NH - USA.
    Got Sig? SP2022

If you were going to shoot a mime, would you use a silencer?

Quote Originally Posted by rks2 View Post
    make sense, I paid my SP2022 at Academy for $399. With total tax is $438. it made in Exeter, NH - USA.
    You've got a REALLY GOOD gun with that SP2022 ya got ....Swiss made but assembled in Exeter Nh.......The Sig Pro slides are made in Exeter, but that's about all that is manufactured there...... they don't make the Polymer frames there.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

$399 out the door with night sights subcompact 9mm

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links