Sig P250

This is a discussion on Sig P250 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; nice....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sig P250

nice.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Your going to love the subcompact! Congrats! You got an excellent buy.....I'd be embarrassed to tell you what I paid for mine!

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Quote Originally Posted by Freedomofchoice View Post
    Your going to love the subcompact! Congrats! You got an excellent buy.....I'd be embarrassed to tell you what I paid for mine!
    same here...i paid $550 for my compact a year ago :(

Have not handled the Sig - can not comment on it. I recently bought a Kahr CW9 and am very happy with it. Same price range. Never been a fan of DAO but this one is smooth as butter after a couple of hundred rounds. Very accurate with a 4" barrel. Good sights but i replaced the front sight with a Fiber sight - not expensive-easy install. Have about 400 rounds thru it with no hiccups. Might be worth consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Texag View Post
    Until a few months ago I'd never been full on punched in the face with bare knuckles. However, despite living the vast majority of my life without having firsthand experience in this matter, I knew it was going to suck. Turns out I was right, and the results were in line with what I predicted
    Nice analogy but your not comparing apples to apples. Everyone knows getting punched in the face sucks, no one enjoys that. However some people enjoy the Sig 250 and some don't. You can't make an assumption about something you have no clue about.
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigers View Post
    Is it possible the New Sig's may have quirks worked out since im sure those studies are from its early deployment.
    Read the link I provided in my earlier post: testing began Jan 2, 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by n3ss View Post
    If you haven't shot/owned the gun, how can you have a legitimate opinion on the reliability or quality of the gun? Anyone can regurgitate bad reviews from forum posts dated in 2007 when the weapon first came out.

Anyway OP, you can't go wrong with the sig, or any of the other options out there (xd, glock, m&p, whatever). If
    That's great, except I posted a link that provided details of a test in 2010 done side by side with the M&P and Glock. Guess which gun was down-selected first?

Quote Originally Posted by skysoldier29 View Post
    The Glock 22 Gen 4 has had reported problems, the M&Ps have had problems where the LA County Sheriff pulled them from use, Ruger LCPs have had issues, Kimbers have had reported issues, Springfield had early problems with the XD and other gun manufactures have had issues with certain designs. So to judge a gun design due to early problems that the manufacture worked with and was able to fix is just retarted. I find the P250 very shoot-able for the long trigger pull, and the Special Forces weapons guys I had shoot mine, really like it.
    It's actually the 9mm glocks that had problems, they've been fixed. The LA county SO was using ammo that wouldn't run in any of their guns, and the one M&P they had break at the breech/bore area had some dremeling love done to it by the owner. Kimber's no gold standard now but there were worse when being run by Rob Cohen. Wanna take a wild guess which company he runs now?

Quote Originally Posted by Adkjoe View Post
    Nice analogy but your not comparing apples to apples. Everyone knows getting punched in the face sucks, no one enjoys that. However some people enjoy the Sig 250 and some don't. You can't make an assumption about something you have no clue about.
    No clue? The 250 having problems in documented testing and not being issued to the FAMs, despite being purchased in numbers, sounds like what I would call a clue.

No clue? The 250 having problems in documented testing and not being issued to the FAMs, despite being purchased in numbers, sounds like what I would call a clue.
    No sounds like you can read but have no first hand experience. Having a clue would be owning/ and or shooting one and forming your own opinion. I read a lot of posts and sites about the keltec pf-9 being a great reliable gun. I went and bought one and I didn't like it and I didn't find it reliable or comfortable. May work great for some but didn't for me. That's having a clue.

I'm not sticking up for the 250, I've never even shot one but I do own other sigs and they have been and are great pistols. The 250 may or may not be an exception but I don't know because I've never shot one and neither have you...
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

There's a particular mod here that's quite the fan of the P250. Once he finds this thread, you're all going to know.

VIP Member
    Good luck! Mine was a piece of crap and is no longer with me. There are just better polymers on the market. If indeed you have a good experience you may want to buy some extra parts because the rumor is that these will be discontinued.

I am sorry to come across negative as I may have got a lemon or something. Ever heard of Sig Sour?
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

The Dutch police just adopted it for their entire police force. Sig must be doing something right with it.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maddy345 View Post
    The Dutch police just adopted it for their entire police force. Sig must be doing something right with it.
    That's it!! Since the Dutch Police went with the P250 I am throwing away all Glocks and M&P's! Those Dutch Police mean business!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Nice Dog C Hawk. x- dutch police dog i presume?
    Great privilege comes with great responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    That's it!! Since the Dutch Police went with the P250 I am throwing away all Glocks and M&P's! Those Dutch Police mean business!
    Right. Like the Gen 4 Glocks and the M&P launched with no issues

This fanboy crap is annoying. You'd think it was the NFL or something.

OP I've disassembled and handled the 250 but haven't been able to shoot one. My Sig armorer swears the issues have been worked out and it shoots well but I can't confirm that for you. I'd be interested in your experience once yours arrives.

Every report from what I deem trustworthy sources hasn't had anything good to say about them. In the recent ATF test where the glock and M&P where approved for acquisition the sig 250 was rejected for reliability issues. This culminated in sig disputing the testing, claiming the test placed too much emphasis on reliability. How that is possible, I do not know.

The Air Marshals also recently bought a bunch of 250s to replace their 229s. They were unable to issue the 250 due to reliability problems.
    I dont understand why the air marshals would use the p250 with that trigger pull!
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by guardmt View Post
    I dont understand why the air marshals would use the p250 with that trigger pull!

The trigger pull is long, but, it is the softest, smoothest of any I've ever fired. Also I believe that because there are no external safeties, the long deliberate trigger pull is necessary.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links