Considering a transition to the Ruger SR40 and SR9c from my Glock 23

This is a discussion on Considering a transition to the Ruger SR40 and SR9c from my Glock 23 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by lordhamster If this is targeted to leos or military i have no problem with it. 99% of the time i see the ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Considering a transition to the Ruger SR40 and SR9c from my Glock 23

Quote Originally Posted by lordhamster View Post
    If this is targeted to leos or military i have no problem with it. 99% of the time i see the term sheepdog used on the internet it is being used by Nutnfancy/mallninjas to describe their walmart runs while ccw.
    Not to worry Orange, I'm not going to part with the Glock. I hate to sell guns. I just add more. And I WILL be coming back to Tennessee. That is an absolute promise. I know we are going back because my wife already told me we are. The boss has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I knew a guy who made a big decision before and regretted it. Indiana is Ruger like Tennesse is to Glock.
    Damn SIXTO, that HURTS man.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Get whatever fits best in your hand and you can shoot well. Nonetheless, I think that Glock is way better than Ruger. If you want to upgrade to something more ergonomic and high quality, then take a look at the Walther P99AS or an H&K P30. They are some of the most ergonomic and reliable pistols out there...plus, they are beautiful guns.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

The SR9c comes with the 9 rd mag and 17 rd mag, but I feel more comfortable with the 9 rd mag in. It fits my hand like a glove especially with the pinky extension it comes with. I didn't care much for the 17 rd mag. Like the other guy was saying, it all depends how it feels in your hands.
    Ruger SR9c

Quote Originally Posted by apgov47 View Post
    The SR9c comes with the 9 rd mag and 17 rd mag, but I feel more comfortable with the 9 rd mag in. It fits my hand like a glove especially with the pinky extension it comes with. I didn't care much for the 17 rd mag. Like the other guy was saying, it all depends how it feels in your hands.
    It's a 10 round magizine...
    I traded my Glock 22 on a SIG 226 before the SR40 had come out. Otherwise I would have gotten the 40 sooner.
    I own a SR9c, SR40, LCP and plan on getting the SR9 after I get the LC9.

I like the looks of Rugers better then Glocks.....

But that's me.

Lateck,
    Proud Ruger & SIG owner, in the Free State of Arizona

Clocks are great pistols but they don't feel right in my hands. I have over 1400 flawless rounds through my SR9c and highly recommend it to you if it feels right for your hands.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post

Damn SIXTO, that HURTS man.
    Sorry pal, interventions are never easy.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Armydad View Post
    I have been watching the SR series progress. Is it true what they say about the SR40 being a "soft" shooting 40?
    I see (well, FEEL) slightly more snap with it than a SW9VE. Otherwise, zero issues. It IS a bit on heavy side when fully loaded ~ 15+1. I think I spent my money wisely. I had intended on a baby glock in .40 but I could not find a need to spend an extra $150.00.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diddle View Post
    I think I spent my money wisely. I had intended on a baby glock in .40 but I could not find a need to spend an extra $150.00.
    So you found an SR40 for $350 (a Glock - $150)? For that price I'd get one too.
    Glock Certified Armorer

MY SR9c has just under 1000 rounds through it with three failures, all three were bad ammo (cheap tula crap 9mm that failed to fire in at least two other known perfect guns). I was EDCing a P239. I picked up the SR9c and it was off to the races. The ergonomics are really excellent, it is accurate, and it is easy to shoot with the 10 round or 17 round magazines. I really like it. In fact, I'm considering a full size SR9 to compliment it. :D

I have been kicking around the idea of picking up an SR9c and a LCR .357. (or sp 101).
    Equality does not exist in the real world - it is a fiction to help the self esteem of those people who consistently fail to succeed.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

I carry an SR9c every day. I've got close to 1400 rounds through it with one FTE in the first 300 rounds. I liked shooting the G19, but hated the way the G26 grip felt (the hump is in the wrong place, or something), and never felt comfortable shooting it. The grip on the SR9c is just long enough that I can get my pinky on without the extension. It shoots well and conceals well.

Been looking for a gun for the wife. Anyone have a lady friend who's a fan of the SR9c? It's one of my big considerations for her, among others. Naturally I intend to try to get her on the range with it before a purchase.
    “Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.”
    - Plato

I'm busy deciding which high-cap 9mm will be my next pistol and it has come down to the SR9c, Glock 19 Gen4, and the M&P9c. I'm liking the price point of the SR9c as well as the ergonomics; however I want a Glock to round out the "everyman's collection" of a 1911, a Glock, and a revolver (my SP101), but I'm deadly accurate in rapid fire with my dad's M&P9 full size. Decisions, decisions...

The ruger is a fine gun, the glock looks like a brick..Shooting both guns, I like the ruger. The glock has its place. If you really want something buy a 1911, and the fan boys will come out of the woodwork.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Update:

I'm now at ~1400 rounds through my SR9c, and I picked up my SR9 yesterday. My friend and often times range buddy EDCs a G17, and has been considering getting a G19, but is now leaning toward an SR9c after shooting mine a bunch. The SR series are just really excellent firearms.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links