Cz p07

Cz p07

This is a discussion on Cz p07 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone heard anything about this gun, I tried searching the forums and could not find anything. Sorry if this topic has already been brought up....

Thread: Cz p07

Cz p07

Anyone heard anything about this gun, I tried searching the forums and could not find anything.

Sorry if this topic has already been brought up.
    NRA Member

Haven't messed with the P07, but my buddy (who goes to the range with me at least once a week) has a SP-01 Tact in 9mm. It is a submodel of the 75. It is a very nice shooting gun. One of the things I like about it is where my thumb falls on the grip. Dunno about the P07 with the shorter barrel, but the SP-01 is pretty darn accurate. Shooting Federal 115g "range ammo" out of it at 15 yds I can be around 3/4" with it. It is a quality gun with very good fit and finish. I would buy one......if I didn't have access to his all the time (I probably put 20rds a week through his).

So, that's what I know about CZ.....sorry I don't know much about the P07.

Yup, I have one in .40 S&W and it's quickly becoming one of my favorite pistols. I love CZ pistols, there very well made and CZ has amazing customer service. I've put about 800 Rounds through it since mid December. It's also available in 9mm. I love the large trigger guard makes it easy for us northern folks to shoot it with a heavily gloved hand.

Last edited by Adkjoe; February 8th, 2011 at 05:09 PM.
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adkjoe View Post
    Yup, I have one in .40 S&W and it's quickly becoming one of my favorite pistols. I love CZ pistols, there very well made and CZ has amazing customer service. I've put about 800 Rounds through it since mid December. It's also available in 9mm. I love the large trigger guard makes it easy for us northern folks to shoot it with a heavily gloved hand.
    can you explain your findings on their customer service? I'm not disagreeing, just looking for feedback. I'm really thinking about buying a CZ next but the only thing holding me back is their customer service. You are the first person to say they have great CS. Everything else I've read says the opposite.

Thanks!

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    CZ has a solid reputation for making fine firearms. They don't get the headlines some other brands do, but they are high quality.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post
    can you explain your findings on their customer service? I'm not disagreeing, just looking for feedback. I'm really thinking about buying a CZ next but the only thing holding me back is their customer service. You are the first person to say they have great CS. Everything else I've read says the opposite.

Thanks!
    In my experience and what I read over at the cz forum there CS has been exceptional. When these models first came out they had a few bugs. I bought an early model Serial # and I had problems with the mags dropping free. I contacted CZ through email and within a couple hours I had a pre-paid return shipping label. I sent the gun off and had it back in 5 days, fixed, cleaned, and lubed and they threw in an extra $50 magazine for the trouble. If thats not good CS I don't know what is. Havn't had a problem since.

If you read some of the threads on the CZ forum under the P-07 section a lot of people had some of the same issues with the early models and most if not all have said they had a great experience with there CS.
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

I've heard the gun has had some issues with reliability . Have you experienced anything like that?
    NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by blinkstafoo1 View Post
    I've heard the gun has had some issues with reliability . Have you experienced anything like that?
    The earlier models had some trouble with the mag release and bulging inside the frame but it seems to be all worked out now mine has been flawless. Like I said I've put over 800 rounds through mine without any trouble it has been 100% reliable as are my other cz's

I had an early model that suffered from the frame bulge issue. CZ paid for shipping both ways, and replaced the pistol with a new model that was in my hands less than 3 days. Best customer service I've ever had to make use of (and that includes Springfield, Kimber, and Colt). The only drawback for me was the trigger... just couldn't get use to it. But the pistol ran flawlessly and was more than accurate enough.

blinkstafoo1, this is the link to P07 forum:

P07 Duty Club

Thanks.
    NRA Member

Its a nice gun...don't really need another compact'ish gun but if I did I would get it. Love CZ so much I would hump the factory's doors if I ever was in that country.

you could go to CZ-USA in Kansas and do the same to there factory

Links