My First CCW

This is a discussion on My First CCW within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; [QUOTE=LanceORYGUN;1869464]In your price range, I think that the S&W M&P 45 compact is the best choice. It is really about the ideal size for a ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My First CCW

VIP Member
    [QUOTE=LanceORYGUN;1869464]In your price range, I think that the S&W M&P 45 compact is the best choice. It is really about the ideal size for a concealed carry 45, and is a striker trigger system gun, just like the Glock. You can even get it with an optional manual safety, if you would like to have one.

What Lance said,

I've got a 9c and they are really great pistols.

Plus I'll throw out there the FN line of pistols, are between $5-600.
    They are kind of big, but on the lighter side than a 1911/w more rounds.
    Very well made, in the USof A

"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    What Lance and OneShot said.

M&P45 compact. It is the ideal size for CC... You can also take a full Size M&P45 mag with a grip extension on it to the range or for home protection, for that extra couple round capacity.
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Again.....thx for the input all. I decided on something a little bigger than I initially wanted. I couldn't ignore the fact that I wouldn't be comfortable with a weapon for defense if I wasn't comfortable with the weapon. I went with the one that I'm shooting best with and feels best in my hand... the Sig P220. I will still be getting a better holster (Don Hume 715 currently) and MUCH better belt (this stretchy Target thing on my waist now doesn't count). Even with this holster I can appendix carry sitting & standing with little to no printing. At the 3:30-4:30, not so much. The holster has no cant or capability w/out just pushing it sideways.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links