Uncanny accuracy of the G30; Suggested explanation from Mas Ayoob

This is a discussion on Uncanny accuracy of the G30; Suggested explanation from Mas Ayoob within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So this little anomaly should be going away with the introduction of Gen4's with dual recoil springs eh? Or should be easily fixed by swapping ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Uncanny accuracy of the G30; Suggested explanation from Mas Ayoob

So this little anomaly should be going away with the introduction of Gen4's with dual recoil springs eh? Or should be easily fixed by swapping the recoil spring of an existing full sized Glock..
    "In a world of compromise, some don't." -HK

2. Remove Ads

Glock 30 Convert

As a novice 9mm guy I shot the smaller round just to keep my shots somewhere on the target. Then my son showed me a "never been fired" used 30. Bought it and shot the best group I've ever shot ... immediately. Other 45s had scared me away but this gun is too sweet to describe. I am still looking for a "pocketable" 9, but am delighted with the Glock 30.

RKM
    I can shoot 2 inch groups at 7 yards with my G30. At 25 yards.... lets just say that some of the hit the paper :D

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by los View Post
    A Glock 30 has a 3.78" barrel. :)
    If you want to get persnickety look at your prior post!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

VIP Member
    Still zero PM's. Come on won't someone take my up on my offer?

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Still zero PM's. Come on won't someone take my up on my offer?
    I'm your huckleberry.......
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

VIP Member

Thumbs up

"I like Doc - he makes me laugh".

kpw
    I am calling total BS on sub one inch groups at 25 yards with a Glock 30. I would still call total BS on sub 1.25 inch groups at 25 yards with a Glock 30. There are 2 thousand dollar 1911's that would be hard press to give you sub one inch groups at 25 yards. I like Glocks, but I am just being real about a gun that is meant for combat accuracy, not match.

To that point, I have 100.00 to anyone that can hit sub 1 inch groups with a Glock 30 in the W. WA area. I would love to see some take me up on the offer. Please PM me if you want to prove me wrong!

* Note it must be stock
    Having owned a G30 as well as shooting and witnessing a bunch of others being shot over the years, I'd be a bit inclined to agree with you. I'm not saying there isn't a G30 or 3 that can't do 1" with certain shooters and choice ammo but I'm betting it's pretty rare. That said, most G30s I've shot are near equal, equal or better than the 1911s I've owned. Best I ever got from my G30 was bit over 1.5". Someone with a better eye and a trigger finger that wasn't smashed previously, might/could squeeze a tighter group out of it. 1" or not, the G30 tends to be more accurate than it's design was probably intended to be.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kpw View Post
    Having owned a G30 as well as shooting and witnessing a bunch of others being shot over the years, I'd be a bit inclined to agree with you. I'm not saying there isn't a G30 or 3 that can't do 1" with certain shooters and choice ammo but I'm betting it's pretty rare. That said, most G30s I've shot are near equal, equal or better than the 1911s I've owned. Best I ever got from my G30 was bit over 1.5". Someone with a better eye and a trigger finger that wasn't smashed previously, might/could squeeze a tighter group out of it. 1" or not, the G30 tends to be more accurate than it's design was probably intended to be.
    Might want to get better 1911's! haha

I am calling total BS on sub one inch groups at 25 yards with a Glock 30. I would still call total BS on sub 1.25 inch groups at 25 yards with a Glock 30. There are 2 thousand dollar 1911's that would be hard press to give you sub one inch groups at 25 yards. I like Glocks, but I am just being real about a gun that is meant for combat accuracy, not match.

To that point, I have 100.00 to anyone that can hit sub 1 inch groups with a Glock 30 in the W. WA area. I would love to see some take me up on the offer. Please PM me if you want to prove me wrong!

* Note it must be stock
    If you are totally sure that it can't be done, make it $2,500 and name the time & place. Let me know.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebla View Post
    If you are totally sure that it can't be done, make it $2,500 and name the time & place. Let me know.
    If you want to match it and put your money where your mouth is, I would be glad to. Since you are so sure, your wouldn't mind paying if you can't do it, right?

I would be glad to meet you anywhere in W Wa.

It's showtime !

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    I can take my compact Sig P245 to the range on my next visit, and give this accuracy test a try.

It is very similar in size to the Glock 30. I think that I might be able to get 5 grouped together under 1.25 inch at 25 yards. It is quite accurate for a small .45

Assuming that I can do my part, though.

Anyway, this will make for an interesting project.

* Note it must be stock
    You're calling BS on Mas? Really? A well respected no BS guy in the firearms community. Come to NY, I'll prove you wrong and you can keep your $100.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

kpw
    Might want to get better 1911's! haha
    Your right, the 3 Kimbers, 2 Colts and 2 Springers I've had were inaccurate pieces of junk. Never got 1" groups with any of them. You might want to shoot a couple G30s for yourself. There is a reason why so many mention it's accuracy.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links