Joining the 1911 Club!

Joining the 1911 Club!

This is a discussion on Joining the 1911 Club! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ordered a Springfield Loaded Champion in SS today. After reading many of the 1911 owners posts here and elsewhere, I decided it was the best ...

Thread: Joining the 1911 Club!

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar

Thumbs up Joining the 1911 Club!

Ordered a Springfield Loaded Champion in SS today. After reading many of the 1911 owners posts here and elsewhere, I decided it was the best combination of firepower and concealment for my needs. Plus its just damn pretty.

I know that there is lots of debate as to holsters, but I have a Supertuck with MTAC clips for my FNP 40 so I am tempted to go the same route for the Springer (I just do not like the design on the Crossbreed metal clips, no offense). But any thoughts as to the MTAC v Crossbreed specifically for the 1911? I am sure both are great, just curious before I start to order accessories.

I am taking an advanced CCW course locally in March so I need a good OWB for the 1911 that is suitable for such a course while I wait on a custom holster. I have a High Noon Skin Guard for my FNP, but it is not really suited for use when a lost of re holstering is needed. Thoughts? It will be used as an everyday carry.

I feel like a kid waiting for Xmas, LOL. My wife just rolls her eyes but she is supportive. Now she wants a new gun...
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Congratulations!
    FW21

VIP Member
    Welcome to the JMB fraternity.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Send me your 1911, I'll extensively test it in numerous holsters, and when I think I've made a valid decision, I'll let you know. Seriously, enjoy!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Sponsored Links