The Keltec P3AT and Buffalo Bore "+p" 90 Grain JHP... why I don't pocket carry much - Page 2

The Keltec P3AT and Buffalo Bore "+p" 90 Grain JHP... why I don't pocket carry much

This is a discussion on The Keltec P3AT and Buffalo Bore "+p" 90 Grain JHP... why I don't pocket carry much within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have looked at some of your videos and I must say that I am impressed, now a question for you; since you are shooting ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have looked at some of your videos and I must say that I am impressed, now a question for you; since you are shooting a 380, what is your opinion on this round, drawbacks, pros, cons etc? Pm if you want. Please thanks.
    One more step and it's on!

Quote Originally Posted by dripster View Post
    I have looked at some of your videos and I must say that I am impressed, now a question for you; since you are shooting a 380, what is your opinion on this round, drawbacks, pros, cons etc? Pm if you want. Please thanks.
    For me, extreme last ditch backup/deep cover weapon. I carry the .357 and 10mm primarily. Pretty much it is better than nothing but it is a deep conceal weapon or backup weapon at best for me. I have carried it three times in the past 18 mos. I have never daily carried it.

Azchevy,
    Good videos. I watched these and your LCR video and I have a question. While I saw lateral and rearward oblique movement, I did not see any forward oblique or direct movement. I was wondering if the lack of forward movement either oblique or direct was merely coincidence or possibly videographic considerations?
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

all videographic, there were a couple forward moves in the LCR video, that was the first video I found a place safe enough to put the camera behind the target with enough hills in the background and nobody could possibly come through without me seeing for safety purposes.... I also have some video I haven't processed and edited for print where I integrated gun and knife into forward movement shhoting and stabbing, dont know how that would look in a self defense situation to a prosecutor LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    Azchevy,
    Good videos. I watched these and your LCR video and I have a question. While I saw lateral and rearward oblique movement, I did not see any forward oblique or direct movement. I was wondering if the lack of forward movement either oblique or direct was merely coincidence or possibly videographic considerations?

Thanks, I thought it might be videographic. Once in a defensive action that required a lethal response, I doubt that direction or level of response would be in question, as long as it stopped when the threat was eliminated.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

I need to find a place to shoot like that. good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Can you post a pic of the holster so I can see the thumb push?
    Here you go:

HOLSTER.jpg
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

azchevy - If you ever find yourself wanting to pocket carry again, you may wish to shorten your pockets by using safety pins. The P3at is so small, that it can be hard to dig it out of deep/large pockets, like those in cargo pants/shorts. Shortening the pocket depth with safety pins makes it easier to draw. I've done that with some of my pants with deeper pockets for my own LCPs. I have no issue reaching in there and drawing while moving. The pocket is still deep enough for concealment - the pistol does not peek out.
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Great video! I just watched all of your videos on Youtube. You do some fine work. Thanks!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Enjoyed the videos thanks.. BTW, suede pocket holster is the way to go IMO. I use a Galco Pocket Protector - suede inside and out - the thing NEVER budges while also having excellent retention. Buy and see to believe..
    "Obviously you're not a golfer." -The Dude

Very interesting suggestions, thanks.

Thanks for the great video's and info. think I will have to set something up like that to practice with my LCP and other handguns. Looks like it would be great practice.

If you do feel that you would like to pocket carry again.You can put a S&W J frame in your holster for a couple of days and it will stretch it out a bit so it does not follow your P3AT out of your pocket. I did it to mine and it workd great. I carry my P3AT when ever I am carrying as a BUG and I shoot it every time I go out to the range.Like you my Primary is a G29 10mm.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

While all carry methods have their pros and cons, as has been mentioned before, pocket carry is really the only method of carry that lets you discretely have the handgun in your hand while still concealed. There is no draw faster than having the gun already in hand.

There have been numerous times when potential threats have caused me to reach into my pocket and grab a hold of my LCP. When no threat materialized...simply casually remove hand from pocket. No issues, no worries about flashing your gun, no fears of escalating the situation, etc.

While not for everyone, that factor is a significant advantage to pocket carrying. At the very least, consider it as a method for your secondary/BUG.
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    While all carry methods have their pros and cons, as has been mentioned before, pocket carry is really the only method of carry that lets you discretely have the handgun in your hand while still concealed. There is no draw faster than having the gun already in hand.

There have been numerous times when potential threats have caused me to reach into my pocket and grab a hold of my LCP. When no threat materialized...simply casually remove hand from pocket. No issues, no worries about flashing your gun, no fears of escalating the situation, etc.

While not for everyone, that factor is a significant advantage to pocket carrying. At the very least, consider it as a method for your secondary/BUG.
    I've definitely noticed that street types watch the hands. There have been two situations where very aggressive panhandlers who appeared to be "interviewing" me, noticed and backed off when my hand when into my pocket. One just walked off, the other actually put his hands up and said woah, woah...

On the one hand, that's good for deterrence without breaking laws. On the other hand, expect that they'll strike immediately when you put your hand in your pocket, if they were already intending to attack.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links