Glock to SWM&P

This is a discussion on Glock to SWM&P within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone here switched from a Glock to the M&P? Or maybe any other weapon system. I would like to hear why you did....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock to SWM&P

Glock to SWM&P

Has anyone here switched from a Glock to the M&P? Or maybe any other weapon system. I would like to hear why you did.
    You do not think the 9mm is effective? Then let me shoot at you.

2. Remove Ads

I switched from a 26 to the M&Pc because the Smith looked better and seemed to have a little better grip. But I didn't keep it long. Didn't like the trigger on the M&P; I am more comfortable with the Glock trigger. And this is coming from someone who 5 years ago hated Glocks and swore to never own one. Fact of the matter is, despite the grip, I can shoot a Glock 19 as well as any other 9mm. So back to Glock I go.

I agree I have shot many pistols and the Glock trigger is nice or what I am used to. Kahr, HK, long trigger pulls. But it is just a matter of training on that weapon system. I sometimes don't get it when a guy has lots of different guns. Different trigger pulls and sights grips etc. I keep it simply Glock 9mm G19 I have two of them.
    You do not think the 9mm is effective? Then let me shoot at you.

VIP Member
    Yes I have switched from Glock's to M&P's and don't see myself going back any time soon. Both are great systems and you just can't go wrong with either. I just like M&P's more then Glock's, I also think M&P's are more reliable then gen 4 Glock's.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by 9 Micky Mouse View Post
    I agree I have shot many pistols and the Glock trigger is nice or what I am used to. Kahr, HK, long trigger pulls. But it is just a matter of training on that weapon system. I sometimes don't get it when a guy has lots of different guns. Different trigger pulls and sights grips etc. I keep it simply Glock 9mm G19 I have two of them.
    Why do some people own a sedan as well as a truck? Both do the same thing a different way with different capabilities...same goes for guns.

I made the switch. I went for a G36 to the m&p 9c. I like the feel of it a lot more. The grip seems a bit more rounded which i like. I also find 9mm more manageable in that sized gun. I don't mind the trigger. I don't find it any worse, just different.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    The M&P points more naturally for me than the Glock, but not enough to make me sell the G30 and but the M&P.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I have both. I wanted to see if S&W built a better mousetrap.

They didn't. Different, yes...but not better.

As I've said before...I'll likely keep the couple of Glocks I have left...but the M&P will likely go sometime soon.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

I rented a 9mm M&P this week.

It handled well, but the trigger reset was way too far, for me.

The short reset was one of the reasons that I switched from the XD. The trigger reset of the XD lies in between the Glock and M&P.

The M&P and XD are slightly more ergonomic, but I've found that the Glock balances better, in my case, and I prefer the low bore axis.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    I rented a 9mm M&P this week.

It handled well, but the trigger reset was way too far, for me.

The short reset was one of the reasons that I switched from the XD. The trigger reset of the XD lies in between the Glock and M&P.

The M&P and XD are slightly more ergonomic, but I've found that the Glock balances better, in my case, and I prefer the low bore axis.
    I assume you mean compared to the XD with regards to bore axis? I think the M&P maybe even lower then my Glocks with regards to bore axis.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I've rented glocks before and just recently bought an M&P;

i liked glock's trigger better, however i've got some goodies coming in from apex that should make things much better.

Glock 19 to Xdm, never looked back.

Wanting a plastic, semi-auto, high-capacity, wonder gun for training classes and range use, I was strongly disposed towards the Glock. Shooting the G19, G17, M&P9 and XD9, side-by-side for several range sessions, I consistently shot better with the M&P9.

Out of the box, I liked the M&P the best of the three and since having Apex do their Level 2 Trigger package and replace the sights, I REALLY like the M&P.

A friend who has far more firearms experience than I, including a lot of competitive shooting, is absolutely sold on Glock.

All the modern, high-tech pistols are fine weapons, the best one is the one you like most.
    The Founders Got It Right - Back To The Constitution
    NRA (Life) - GOA (Life) - NAGR - GOSC (Life)

kpw
    Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    I assume you mean compared to the XD with regards to bore axis? I think the M&P maybe even lower then my Glocks with regards to bore axis.
    It's not. The M&P is lower than the XD but still a wee bit higher than the Glock. It's insignificant though.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

I have both platforms. In my experience once the trigger on the M&P is broken in (around round 2000 or so) it is even better than the Glock. These are nitpicky differences, however. I like both platforms, I just like the M&P a wee bit more
    Si vis pacem, parabellum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links