Glock to SWM&P

This is a discussion on Glock to SWM&P within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone here switched from a Glock to the M&P? Or maybe any other weapon system. I would like to hear why you did....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock to SWM&P

Glock to SWM&P

Has anyone here switched from a Glock to the M&P? Or maybe any other weapon system. I would like to hear why you did.
    You do not think the 9mm is effective? Then let me shoot at you.

2. Remove Ads

I switched from a 26 to the M&Pc because the Smith looked better and seemed to have a little better grip. But I didn't keep it long. Didn't like the trigger on the M&P; I am more comfortable with the Glock trigger. And this is coming from someone who 5 years ago hated Glocks and swore to never own one. Fact of the matter is, despite the grip, I can shoot a Glock 19 as well as any other 9mm. So back to Glock I go.

I agree I have shot many pistols and the Glock trigger is nice or what I am used to. Kahr, HK, long trigger pulls. But it is just a matter of training on that weapon system. I sometimes don't get it when a guy has lots of different guns. Different trigger pulls and sights grips etc. I keep it simply Glock 9mm G19 I have two of them.
    You do not think the 9mm is effective? Then let me shoot at you.

VIP Member
    Yes I have switched from Glock's to M&P's and don't see myself going back any time soon. Both are great systems and you just can't go wrong with either. I just like M&P's more then Glock's, I also think M&P's are more reliable then gen 4 Glock's.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by 9 Micky Mouse View Post
    I agree I have shot many pistols and the Glock trigger is nice or what I am used to. Kahr, HK, long trigger pulls. But it is just a matter of training on that weapon system. I sometimes don't get it when a guy has lots of different guns. Different trigger pulls and sights grips etc. I keep it simply Glock 9mm G19 I have two of them.
    Why do some people own a sedan as well as a truck? Both do the same thing a different way with different capabilities...same goes for guns.

I made the switch. I went for a G36 to the m&p 9c. I like the feel of it a lot more. The grip seems a bit more rounded which i like. I also find 9mm more manageable in that sized gun. I don't mind the trigger. I don't find it any worse, just different.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    The M&P points more naturally for me than the Glock, but not enough to make me sell the G30 and but the M&P.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I have both. I wanted to see if S&W built a better mousetrap.

They didn't. Different, yes...but not better.

As I've said before...I'll likely keep the couple of Glocks I have left...but the M&P will likely go sometime soon.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

I rented a 9mm M&P this week.

It handled well, but the trigger reset was way too far, for me.

The short reset was one of the reasons that I switched from the XD. The trigger reset of the XD lies in between the Glock and M&P.

The M&P and XD are slightly more ergonomic, but I've found that the Glock balances better, in my case, and I prefer the low bore axis.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    I rented a 9mm M&P this week.

It handled well, but the trigger reset was way too far, for me.

The short reset was one of the reasons that I switched from the XD. The trigger reset of the XD lies in between the Glock and M&P.

The M&P and XD are slightly more ergonomic, but I've found that the Glock balances better, in my case, and I prefer the low bore axis.
    I assume you mean compared to the XD with regards to bore axis? I think the M&P maybe even lower then my Glocks with regards to bore axis.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I've rented glocks before and just recently bought an M&P;

i liked glock's trigger better, however i've got some goodies coming in from apex that should make things much better.

Glock 19 to Xdm, never looked back.

Wanting a plastic, semi-auto, high-capacity, wonder gun for training classes and range use, I was strongly disposed towards the Glock. Shooting the G19, G17, M&P9 and XD9, side-by-side for several range sessions, I consistently shot better with the M&P9.

Out of the box, I liked the M&P the best of the three and since having Apex do their Level 2 Trigger package and replace the sights, I REALLY like the M&P.

A friend who has far more firearms experience than I, including a lot of competitive shooting, is absolutely sold on Glock.

All the modern, high-tech pistols are fine weapons, the best one is the one you like most.
    The Founders Got It Right - Back To The Constitution
    NRA (Life) - GOA (Life) - NAGR - GOSC (Life)

kpw
    Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    I assume you mean compared to the XD with regards to bore axis? I think the M&P maybe even lower then my Glocks with regards to bore axis.
    It's not. The M&P is lower than the XD but still a wee bit higher than the Glock. It's insignificant though.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

I have both platforms. In my experience once the trigger on the M&P is broken in (around round 2000 or so) it is even better than the Glock. These are nitpicky differences, however. I like both platforms, I just like the M&P a wee bit more
    Si vis pacem, parabellum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links