Anybody CC a Beretta 92 or 90-Two?

This is a discussion on Anybody CC a Beretta 92 or 90-Two? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Im thinking about getting me a Beretta 92FS M9a1 or a 90-Two mainly for range shooting. Anybody out there CC with one of these? By ...

Thread: Anybody CC a Beretta 92 or 90-Two?

Im thinking about getting me a Beretta 92FS M9a1 or a 90-Two mainly for range shooting. Anybody out there CC with one of these? By the way, my main carry is a PF-9 or a 1911 Officer so Im not looking for something that will take their place. Thanks in advance!

Where is Guantes when we need him? If I am not mistaken, he is the resident 92fs guru, and carries one...

I think that they are fine for the range, or OC, but not my cup of tea for concealed.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

VIP Member
    I occasionally carry a Model 96 (same weapon in 40S&W) in a Wild Bill’s Summerheat. It conceals well but not as well as my 1911s.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

OK, I normally carry a 1911, but I have an unexplained attachment to my Beretta 92 (an old Taurus 92, also). I normally carry my 1911's in a Galco horizontal shoulder holster and the same is true with my Beretta 92. I occasionally carry the gun on my hip. I find it comfortable to carry and good to shoot. It is certainly not my normal carry gun, but I am very comfortable carrying it when I do choose to do so. I am 5'6" and maybe 165 pounds and the Beretta is relatively easy to conceal for me. IMO, it is too good a gun to be just a "range" gun.

T45,
    I carry a 92FS and on occasion have been known to carry two. I prefer full size carry guns and I find the Beretta reliable and easy to shoot. Even concealment is not that difficult. The DA/SA suits me and I don't suffer the transition problems that some do as my first shot comes during the draw. What do you want to know?
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

If I decide to occasionally carry the 92, what holsters (OWB) are you using that conceals well? As said above, I want one and have shot several. It looks like a pretty big gun to conceal.

Personally I prefer owb pancake type holsters of which there is a wide selection of good makers. I personally use Safariland Batwing (discontinued) holsters. They are lightweight, quiet and fast and provide the forward cant that I prefer with a high ride holster. The Batwing was marketed as an ambidexterous holster so it had belt loops on either side of the holster. Rather than use the inner belt loops, I use the outer belt loops which pulls the holster in tighter and provides additional security eliminating the need for a hammer strap. Any good pancake should serve you well.

http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum1758.php

I occasionally carry a 92 FS. I put it in a old school Walkman pouch so it is like a music device that I carry. I feel too self conscious when I try to IWB carry.

I have CC'd my 92FS in a Blackhawk "Check Six" leather holster worn at 4:00. Doesn't do bad at all with the right belt and cover garment.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum ~ Μολών Λaβέ

I have been carrying my 92FS concealed for about 15 months now. Once I got NP3 covered grip screws from CDNN, that took care of the issue of rusting grip screws.

After that, I never did use my planned summer carry - an Hk P2000. I have stuck with the 92FS for over a year now...

With my Comptac holster, I have had no issues concealing at the 3 o'clock position, even with a t-shirt on. I'm not a huge guy - 180lbs and 6'1".

As long as I keep it in that position, it works great!

In the winter, I can get away with large frame handguns like my 96FS or 1911s... A 3/4 length jacket really helps... During the summer though, I usually carry something a bit more compact... You live up north, so you could get away with carrying a large frame a lot longer than I can down here on the Gulf Coast...

I rarely go out in just a "T" shirt, generally wearing something more befitting to my age. Even in warmer weather 92's are not that difficult to conceal, here's two owb with an old man tourist shirt.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by T45 View Post
    If I decide to occasionally carry the 92, what holsters (OWB) are you using that conceals well?
    http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/holster/9.htm

I have a Berretta full size 92 SB with a 15 round magazine, That I carry from time to time, I carried this gun for many years while I was working in NYC I use a Fobus Roto paddle holster at times & I have a DeSantis shoulder rig that I use during the colder weather, that hide's this big gun pretty good. I keep this gun loaded with, either Speer gold dots 124 gr. or Frderal High shock's in 124 gr. also.

I have a Taurus PT-101 which is a 92 clone in 40cal. It easily hides itself under a polo shirt @4:00, like all weapons the trick is a good holster and gun belt.

I use a Galco CON202-B for a holster and it rides just above the shirt tail. Sometimes it will peek out just a bit( less than 1") while sitting but I am in a OC state so I don't really care about that. If need be I can be dilligent and you would never know it's there.

Sponsored Links