Makarov

This is a discussion on Makarov within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just thought I would rekindle my affection for this gem I got years ago for under $200 bucks from a friend. I just put some ...

Thread: Makarov

Makarov

Just thought I would rekindle my affection for this gem I got years ago for under $200 bucks from a friend. I just put some non-skid deck or skater tape on the slick inside of the grip like i do my carry semi-s that need it for sweaty palms. The thing is still rock n and rollin. Took it out to country and shot some bowling pins and target's with winchester q loads 9x18 hardball. Still reliable still ungodly accurate. Love it, good off duty carry. Made in Bulgaria and kind of rough around the edges except for the single action pull is sweet and feels real nice to shoot still. Maybe after I put three thousand through it the safety will glide instead of ripping the flesh off your thumb with it's sharp edges. If you see one at a show for good price grab one up.
    If you can read this thank a teacher. If it is written in English thank a Marine.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Never tried the Makarov, but love my CZ82 chambered in 9MM Mak. She's got a makeover coming soon, new finish, new springs, night sights and Marschal grips.

cz82-4.jpg
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

check out www.classicarms.us and you see em for 200 bucks, too. They are chambered in 9x18mm. My friend has a couple and I like the feel of a heavy, steel gun. They would make great truck guns.

I love my Mak. I usually carry it as my BUG or when I want something that doesn't print so much.

Just carried mine again to run to the Wawa store. A buddy of mine gave me a pierce type rubber alternate grip for it. He got himself some kind of german brand wood grips that are very nice compared to the Bulgarian wood that comes with that model. I already did the regular deck or skater tape treatment on the inside grip where your fingers rest and the backstrap. The new Rubber grip makes it about a inch more bulky but they feel nice. I will probably go back to the original wood like I always do when given the choice. Love the piece. Maybe one day I will get mine customed up but I can't see how it would make it shoot any better. If it made the double action any smoother I might seriously have to consider it though.
    If you can read this thank a teacher. If it is written in English thank a Marine.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Never tried the Makarov, but love my CZ82 chambered in 9MM Mak. She's got a makeover coming soon, new finish, new springs, night sights and Marschal grips.

cz82-4.jpg
    The CZ 82 from the factory new is built way nicer than the Bulgarian Curio Relic I have but I doubt it shoots any more accurate. The CZ's though have that double stack magazine and is not thicker in the grip than my Bulgarian model really. If money is an issue you can have both and get a brand new Bersa double stack in .380aco,

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Check out Marschals grips from Hungary. He offers different woods, styles, and finishes. Have to wait a few weeks for delivery, but worth it.

Marschalgrips.com

I really enjoy shooting my CZ-82. I wouldn't hesitate a second to use it for SD. Great trigger, accurate, ultra reliable, and 13 rounds of 9mm Mak ain't chopped liver! Very easiy to trim and reload 9mm Luger cases for the Mak.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Links