About Mass Produced Guns - Page 5

About Mass Produced Guns

This is a discussion on About Mass Produced Guns within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by martino just curious Sonic no big deal. Well here's the thing, here is my mistake. I walked out of there on his ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by martino View Post
    just curious Sonic no big deal. Well here's the thing, here is my mistake. I walked out of there on his recommendation with a Sig P250. Stupid of me to do but i'm new at all this. I later find out that I bought the longest DA Semi auto known with a history of reliability issues and the modular idea of switching calibers just doesn't sound practical anymore. PO'd at myself for spending so recklessly. I haven't shot it yet, should I try it or dump it on a trade and take my loss?
    If you are not happy with your purchase I'd try to take it back. If possible I would talk to a manager first.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Well "no returns" on the reciept. Should I try anyway?

I'll send you a message.

great! I'm open to ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    The fact that he said Kimber is a better choice made me spit up my soda. LOL
    me too. The ones I have shot are not at all better than my Glock, my XD or heck, even my Star Ultrstar. I bet he works on commission.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Big box store, i doubt it.

VIP Member
    Big box store, i doubt it.
    If you aren't happy with your purchase go in and find a manager. Be polite and don't take no for an answer. If he says no returns ask for an exchange. Tell him you'll even take store credit then use that credit to buy what you want (a Glock 19 !!!!). THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS TO TELL HIM THAT YOU FEEL HIS SALESMAN LIED TO YOU. TELL HIM THAT YOU THINK YOU WERE PURPOSEFULLY DECEIVED!

Or keep your gun and be happy. Did you even try and shoot it? Or are you letting the internet tell you your gun sucks? There are plenty of happy Sig P250 owners out there.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Maybe I am letting the internet tell me. More I think about it though, I don't think a semi should have this long of a trigger pull. I've heard Sig owners say that this one isn't really a Sig compared to the others. Also have my heart set on a Kahr PM9 for the thin profile.

I have shot the P250 before. It is indeed quite a long pull. Some people like it, but many do not. Don't get stuck with a gun you don't like - it'll just become a paperweight, and it won't make you happy.

I didn't read every post on this subject but I get OP's question. The mentioned Massed Produced guns along with many others will more than likely out live us, our kid's, grandkids, ect. ect. Most vehicles don't unless carefully preserved. My family has guns dating back to my Great greats??? With history. And yes they were mass produced..Were they cared for all these years? yes. Were they coddled? No. The salesman was wrong IMO.
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Or keep your gun and be happy (if it works) ............. Or are you letting the internet tell you your gun sucks?
    This is the best two lines I've seen in a bit.

I only own two guns that have reputible names....but maybe not models. One is a S&W 22A-1, another is a Remington 870 Exprss synthetic.

I baught two firearms with interweb opinions and suggestions in mind, most from experienced gun folk (some from this very forum ) ...both of those firearms I nolonger own

Others I own (that work very well, better than the recommened) that the internet (even members of this very forum) say are not recomendable, junk etc.etc. are: Rossi model R971, Metroarms American Classic II, RIA compact 1911 (EDC), and heaven forbid a Olympic Arms K3B Carbine.

The Sig you have will most likely work and work all the time...though you won't know untill you shoot it, if you don't even want to go there, then the above post (atctimmy) is the way to go.

Does it sound like I consider much on the internet? Or do I make my own choices based on what I want inwhich hasn't let me down.....ironic, no?.
    Last edited by Frogbones; February 18th, 2011 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Edit: Oh..the PM9 is a sweet pistol.

VIP Member
    One thing I forgot to say. Big box stores have managers and the managers have managers. Then they have regional managers. If it's really what you want I'd keep fighting higher and higher until you get what you want. BE POLITE but don't take no for an answer. If you act pissy you will get nowhere. If one level doesn't give you any satisfaction then take it higher up the chain.

Again, make sure you tell a manager that you feel that the salesman PURPOSEFULLY DECEIVED you. This will really get a manager on your side.

Well dudes i'm thinking about keeping the P-250 I mean for a sub it has a good round capacity. Read good and bad reviews, If I can get used to the DA pull. Then just save for the Kahr PM-9 and i'm set. What would you do? is it junk or not? thanks

It can't hurt to try returning it since it's unfired. If I'm unhappy with a firearm from the get go, it's likely I'll never warm up to it.... but that's just me.

Administrator
    Well dudes i'm thinking about keeping the P-250 I mean for a sub it has a good round capacity. Read good and bad reviews, If I can get used to the DA pull. Then just save for the Kahr PM-9 and i'm set. What would you do? is it junk or not? thanks
    Nobody can honestly say it is junk. Its just different than the Sig classics.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links