About Mass Produced Guns - Page 6

About Mass Produced Guns

This is a discussion on About Mass Produced Guns within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by martino Well dudes i'm thinking about keeping the P-250 I mean for a sub it has a good round capacity. Read good ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: About Mass Produced Guns

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by martino View Post
    Well dudes i'm thinking about keeping the P-250 I mean for a sub it has a good round capacity. Read good and bad reviews, If I can get used to the DA pull. Then just save for the Kahr PM-9 and i'm set. What would you do? is it junk or not? thanks

Man, you have your priorities all wrong here. Buying more pistols will not make you a better pistol shot. Practicing and becoming familiar and experienced with your handguns will.

You said that you just bought your Springfield XD(M) in December, and your Sig P250 in January. You say that your first pistol is your Ruger SP-101, yet you have now just said that you only have a total of 150 rounds through that pistol so far, despite the fact that you have owned it the longest time of all of your handguns. Heck, many people would not consider that number to even be enough rounds to break in a new pistol, let alone become familiar in shooting the handgun.

And now you are going to buy yet a 4th pistol, a Kahr PM-9?

You have repeatedly said here many times that you are Newbie, and have asked for advice about several guns. If you really do lack such basic knowledge and experience, then the last thing for you to do is to go on a handgun buying spree. For you have not spent enough range time with the handguns that you already have to really figure much out.

I'm most surprised that your wife is OK with you buying so many handguns so quickly. Most women would have a real problem with their husband doing that. I would recommend that rather than rushing out to buy a 4th handgun, that you instead focus more on shooting the three handguns that you already have.

That is the only way for you to no longer be a "Newbie". Buying more pistols will not accomplish that.

I have often recommended to people that are totally new to handgun shooting that they first buy a .22 autoloader like a Ruger Mark III, which costs hardly anything to shoot. And then simply focus on developing their shooting skills first, before doing anything else. That is how I first learned how to shoot a handgun 44 years ago, when my Dad got me a S&W Model 41

It might actually be worth your while to consider doing that, and focus primarily on developing your basic marksmanship skills at this point in time.

LanceOrygun thanks for the needed reality check. I'll think this over.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    Man, you have your priorities all wrong here. Buying more pistols will not make you a better pistol shot. Practicing and becoming familiar and experienced with your handguns will.

You said that you just bought your Springfield XD(M) in December, and your Sig P250 in January. You say that your first pistol is your Ruger SP-101, yet you have now just said that you only have a total of 150 rounds through that pistol so far, despite the fact that you have owned it the longest time of all of your handguns. Heck, many people would not consider that number to even be enough rounds to break in a new pistol, let alone become familiar in shooting the handgun.

And now you are going to buy yet a 4th pistol, a Kahr PM-9?

You have repeatedly said here many times that you are Newbie, and have asked for advice about several guns. If you really do lack such basic knowledge and experience, then the last thing for you to do is to go on a handgun buying spree. For you have not spent enough range time with the handguns that you already have to really figure much out.

I'm most surprised that your wife is OK with you buying so many handguns so quickly. Most women would have a real problem with their husband doing that. I would recommend that rather than rushing out to buy a 4th handgun, that you instead focus more on shooting the three handguns that you already have.

That is the only way for you to no longer be a "Newbie". Buying more pistols will not accomplish that.

I have often recommended to people that are totally new to handgun shooting that they first buy a .22 autoloader like a Ruger Mark III, which costs hardly anything to shoot. And then simply focus on developing their shooting skills first, before doing anything else. That is how I first learned how to shoot a handgun 44 years ago, when my Dad got me a S&W Model 41

It might actually be worth your while to consider doing that, and focus primarily on developing your basic marksmanship skills at this point in time.

There are 10 gadzillion guns out there. I agree with the above: learn how to shoot. On a .22 revolver or older .38Sp revolver 4" S&W ex-police gun - they were shot little, just holster wear. Very reasonable prices, they're all over the place - and excellent guns.

I learned on a Colt Python shooting .38s.

What the OP is doing is trying to choose a car before knowing how to drive.
    Heck, maybe you'll keep the .38 revolver for good as your +1 gun if you learn on that. But first things first. You'll go nuts otherwise and spend a fortune.

Guys yeah this is the sensible thing to do. So back to my Sig issue. I took it back and they gave me full 100% store credit towards the one I really wanted the PM9. I know you are saying geez another one? well yeah but the manager told me no way could I get a full refund in cash. I'm happy to have the car I wanted, dump out of the one I didn't want unscathed even though I still need to learn to drive. Especially the snubby revolver. I cannot carry that until I learn to shoot it.

VIP Member
    Good for you! Now get out there and shoot, shoot, shoot!
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Sponsored Links