Sig P250

This is a discussion on Sig P250 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a guy that has one for a good deal off retail, 1 year old 100 rounds through it. It's DAO long, long trigger ...

Thread: Sig P250

Sig P250

I have a guy that has one for a good deal off retail, 1 year old 100 rounds through it. It's DAO long, long trigger pull. If I can get used to the trigger and not planning on swapping calibers, after that is it a quality gun??

2. Remove Ads

Some will say no its not. Others who have it will say that they have never had a problem with it. Most used guns are crap shoots on quality. If it was up to me I would buy it because I am a Sig fan and have had good experiences.

The trigger is unbearably long. My cousin bought one for her first gun, in 9mm. I had the ability to shoot it along side my P228. There obviously is no comaprison for shootability as far as trigger goes. However if I did my part it is as accurate as any Sig Sauer I have ever shot. The fit and finish is good, and it feels decent in the hand, it just is ugly for a Sig and was NOT thought out well by Sig.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

when I was at the store buying sig..... I did check on p250 and sp2022 and I choice 2022. Why? because its little heavier than p250 that will make less recoil. However, Sig is a great firearms and if you got good deal for p250 then go for it!
    Got Sig? SP2022

If you were going to shoot a mime, would you use a silencer?

I loved my P250 while i had it but i've since moved on to an M&P. If the 250 had a shorter trigger pull, i would have gladly kept that weapon.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    I own two of them, and I am a fan! I did learn to shoot on double action revolvers, so to me I consider the 250's trigger pull the lightest, smoothest I have ever shot. Both my 250s, (9mm subcompact, 45 ACP compact) have about 1000 flawless rounds each.

They have come down considerably in price, so unless you can buy this used one for cheap, you can get a new one for under $400.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

The trigger pull is unbearable by my standards, although it is very smooth. What was the kicker for me was the extremely long reset as well. Can't carry that...
    Hk P2000, P30, P30L, Hk45C, USP Tac .45, USC, G36c
    Glock 19, 26, 38
    Sig P238, SP2022, P226 Blackwater Tacitcal,556
    Desert Eagle Mark I, Mossberg 500A, Benelli M4
    FN FS2000, Springfield SOCOM II
    Daisy Red Ryder BB Gun

Administrator
    I thought you already had one?

"About Mass Produced Guns" thread
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by martino View Post
    I have a guy that has one for a good deal off retail, 1 year old 100 rounds through it. It's DAO long, long trigger pull. If I can get used to the trigger and not planning on swapping calibers, after that is it a quality gun??
    What's considered the "really good deal" price..............current retail for one without night sights is under 400.00......with night sights is 449.95............anything above his "really good price' is currently above retail........and as asked prior to me..by Sixto.....didn't you already have one? Or you were inquiring about "Mass produced Guns" in a Thread you started?
    Personally....I'd go for the SP2022 heavier and a better gun.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by martino View Post
    The P250 trigger is more like a DA revolver than anything else.

Since you have had a try with the trigger , Base your decision on that - because there is really no other Downside to them.
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

You will either love or hate the long trigger pull. I really like mine. No safety's, you have to mean it to shoot it. the trigger pull is very smooth and consistyent all the way through the pull. You will tend to feel hwo far back you can go as in a reset. It took a little getting used to it but it shoots liek a dream to me, never had a problem and is my gun of choice for carry

SIG and RAMI.jpg

I like my P250 subcompact very much. It came in the 2Sum package with the full sized slide and frame as well. Pictured here is the P250 SC with my CZ 2075 RAMI. They are both fantastic firearms. The SIG is recent (May 2011 production date). You can recognize characteristics of the new style frame on it (magazine floorplate and grip surface). It is my understanding that the redesign included many internal changes to make the pistol better.

Links