Kel Tec PF9 vs Kahr pm9 worth the large price difference? - Page 3

Kel Tec PF9 vs Kahr pm9 worth the large price difference?

This is a discussion on Kel Tec PF9 vs Kahr pm9 worth the large price difference? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SIXTO The PF-9 is a neat little gun. I really like KelTecs stuff. They build a "poor mans" gun and do a ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Kel Tec PF9 vs Kahr pm9 worth the large price difference?

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    The PF-9 is a neat little gun. I really like KelTecs stuff. They build a "poor mans" gun and do a good job of it. I have several of their pistols and like them all. Kahr is the king of micro's and I won't trade my PM9 for nothing. Its a far better pistol than the KelTec even though the PF9 holds its own.

Is the quality and workmanship in the Kahr better? You bet it is. Look at it this way; If you invest in copper it will always be worth copper prices when you sell. If you invest in gold, you will be dealing with gold prices when you sell. I hope that makes sense.

I guess the real question is, how much does the $400 difference mean to you? If it means not paying the rent or feeding the kids, stick with the PF9. If its just a different number subtracted in the check book, go with the Kahr.
    Sixto always says it better than I do. LOL
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I bought the pf9.

Then I bought the pm9.

Then I sold the pf9.

End of story.

T45
    I'll stick with my PF-9. Its reliable, accurate and the trigger has smoothed out after a couple hundred rounds. I even enjoy it at the range. Not as much as my 1911 though.

I never had a chance to shoot a PM9. And if I did I probably would have chosen it over my PF9. But since mine hasn't given me a firing problem since day one, I think I'll just stick with what I got.
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

Quote Originally Posted by ansehnlich1 View Post
    I bought the pf9.

Then I bought the pm9.

Then I sold the pf9.

End of story.
    Same story for me. But I do like Kel-Tecs, have their little 380 I like very much. If I was really strapped for cash, I would have no problem whatever carrying the PF9. Not that much fun at the range, but I've got a Berettas, Glocks and 1911s for that. Kel Tec's customer service has been excellent and they have their own forum called KTOG - and those dudes over there can figure out any problem.

I loved my PF9. I regrettably sold it to carry a G26. Although I loved the 26 I decided if I could carry that thick little monster, I could carry a full size. I now carry a full size FNX-9 and could not be happier about my choice. My issue now is not having anything to carry at the gym so I'm looking into another smaller carry for the times that I can't conceal a full size. I am looking at the Walther PPS. If I don't like the PPS then I'm going back to the PF9.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolvee View Post
    ......My issue now is not having anything to carry at the gym so I'm looking into another smaller carry for the times that I can't conceal a full size. I am looking at the Walther PPS. If I don't like the PPS then I'm going back to the PF9....
    Get a P3AT. You can stick it in your gym socks....

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    I would purchase the CM9 when it comes out.

I just purchased a CW9 and I think Kahr is finally putting out a quality pistol with some consistancy.

First of all, who says a PM9 costs $400 bucks more than a PF-9? I just bought a new in box PM9 for $600 and I'm not exactly sure what the PF-9's run but I'm guessing it's at least $350.

With that being said, I love my PM-9 and even if it was $500 more I would have still bought it!

I have not handled either the pf-9 or the pt709 - but on paper the 709 looks like it may deserve some consideration. My CW9 performs flawlessly - but my performance with is very flawed - the long trigger pull although very smooth and not too heavy causes me to pull left and low. Most can master CW9 - not sure i can
    Great privilege comes with great responsibility.

I purchased my brand new Keltec PF9 at a gun show for $235. I hope this helps. God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by golfnutcasey View Post
    First of all, who says a PM9 costs $400 bucks more than a PF-9? I just bought a new in box PM9 for $600 and I'm not exactly sure what the PF-9's run but I'm guessing it's at least $350.

With that being said, I love my PM-9 and even if it was $500 more I would have still bought it!

Never owned a KT, but I have seen and felt the trigger on um. IMO, the best semi DAO trigger I've come across belongs to the Kahr. I have a couple of um, a CW9 and a PM40. IMO, they're worth the money, but honestly my next Kahr will be a CW series pistol. IMO, they're a better value, same trigger as the PM series and performs just as well. Got my CW9 for four hundred and change and love it.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Never fired the PF9 but have handled at gun shows, so won't make unfounded comments about the latter's performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    The only thing I can say about the PM9 is the checkering is rough on my hands...Gideon
    I've had my PM9's for 3 and 4 years respectively, first one for me then another for the missus. The first accessory I got was Brooks Tactical System grip cover, Agrip "Glock Accessories - Brooks Tactical Systems - Maker of Agrip™- Gun Grips & Accessories for Glock Heckler & Koch Kahr Kel Tec Ruger 1911 MP5 Pistols Revolvers" ™ because during the first couple of months I found that the grips did bite a bit, especially after putting a few dozen rounds or (lots) more in a range session.

After applying Agrip, it was a new world in both comfort and confidence of grip. It does everything as promised have carried it on my hip and in my pocket too many days to count and the Agip material holds up and feels and looks good. In fact, I just had a look at their web site while tapping this out and see they have one for my LCP and I'm probably going to get me one (and one for the wifey's LCP, too!!).

(BTW, the only affiliation I have with Brooks Tactical is as a highly satisfied customer.)
    Last edited by JoeyD; March 3rd, 2011 at 08:44 PM. Reason: to address OP topic before slipping off at a tangent.

I had a Keltec p3at. I could not get it to work right no matter what I tried. There was no way I would ever trust it to reliably feed or eject. I sold it & bought a PM9. It's not perfect, but it's a lot better, and worth the extra money. Honestly, though, if Glock ever makes a single stack, the Kahr's goin'.

I've had both now for about a year. While the Kahr is ostensibly a better gun (and I do think it is better built) I fing the Keltec shoots better (for me) and I wind up using it more. Did 150 rounds with the Keltec the other night, not one failure. Did have problems with the Kahr. When I go out the door, I have the Keltec on me.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links