New Colt Defender! - Page 2

New Colt Defender!

This is a discussion on New Colt Defender! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Enjoy! Beautyfulll!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Colt Defender!

Enjoy! Beautyfulll!
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

I have been carrying a Defender for the last year and a half. I had to chose a replacement when my G27 burned up in my Car. I decided to do a little experimentation and finally settled on the Defender. Now my Son carries one as his off duty as well. We have been 100% pleased with ours and its been my favorite carry of any gun so far.

This is mine but taken before I replaced the grip screws with Black ones... in a Rhome Desbien made holster.

I'm not the best photographer, but here is mine after the trip to CCA.

I have one in 45ACP and a 9mm Defender for my wife. Great shooting guns!

SWEET!!!

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by RockStrongo View Post
    Hey Folks.. I had an itch that had to be scratched. After a dreadful week of work and oncall, i treated myself to a belated Birthday present. I wanted to pick up a 1911 this year with the anniversary, and saw this lovely Defender at the local gun shop NIB. I held it, and fell in love. I liked the Springfield Compact as well, but at $250 more, i had a tough time dropping the extra money.

Anyway, I am sure this will not be the last 1911 in the collection.. i'd love a 4" Commander or Champion, but I am quite pleased with the new Defender so far. I put about 100 rounds thru it tonight with 1 FTF with a Federal Hyrdrashok. I will run some more in the next few range sessions and get her totally broken in. Holsters, and maybe some grips are on the radar too..
    Very nice! Congrats
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Sweet!! I wanted(who am I foolin, I still want one) one for this year but ended up with a Glock to start me out into the .45 ACP.
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

Congrats. Nice gun. I'm so torn. I want a 45 ACP. I am going to buy a G36. But the 1911's are absolutely the best looking pistols - period. I always wanted a defender, but if I can only buy one, I'm tempted by the Remington R1 that just came out. Indecision - the key to flexibility.
    NRA Life Member

Thanks everyone for the kind words, compliments, and personal experiences! I work from home, and couldnt help but sit here and fiddle with the new defender all day ( unloaded of course! ). Many of email got "deleted" with a click of the snap cap. :)

The 1911 is kinda special to me to be honest. Some of my fondest memories growing up was shooting dads 1911.. A Remington rand if I recall. My first pistol was a 1911 made by para ordanance.. It has more sentimental value to me then anything. Another chapter in my life if you will...

The 1911 always seem to speak to me.. I love the feel, look, and the way they shoot.

For everyone torn on what to buy.. All I can say is "I hear you.". I handled a ton of .45s and there are plenty of great ones on the market. How can you go wrong with a g36, sig 220, h&k, khar, etc. It comes down to what fits YOU, is reliable, and speaks to you. There is no best carry gun.. Just the one you carry best. :)

Stay safe!!

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by RockStrongo View Post
    Hey Folks.. I had an itch that had to be scratched. After a dreadful week of work and oncall, i treated myself to a belated Birthday present. I wanted to pick up a 1911 this year with the anniversary, and saw this lovely Defender at the local gun shop NIB. I held it, and fell in love. I liked the Springfield Compact as well, but at $250 more, i had a tough time dropping the extra money.

Anyway, I am sure this will not be the last 1911 in the collection.. i'd love a 4" Commander or Champion, but I am quite pleased with the new Defender so far. I put about 100 rounds thru it tonight with 1 FTF with a Federal Hyrdrashok. I will run some more in the next few range sessions and get her totally broken in. Holsters, and maybe some grips are on the radar too..
    Very nice indeed, congratulations.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

VIP Member
    Here is a little hay for your new pony

Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Here is a little hay for your new pony

Actually, that looks more like straw (bedding) than hay? Funny none the less! :).

As a side note, they had a Colt New Agent there as well for the same price. I hated it at first since it only has the trench on top as a "sight". "who doesn't want freaking sights" I said. I handled another ten times because I was still intrigued... I wanted to like it. In the long run... I really did, but decided on the defender in the end. For me, having low profile sights on the gun vs. only a trench site seemed like an easy decision. But that new agent sill intrigues me for the sleek carry, less than 7 yard point and shoot carry gun that it is. I am sure it can be far more accurate than that with a little practice. It deserves a look for those in the hunt... She may be the mistress to defender. :)

Looks like a nice one to me! Enjoy it and let us know how much you still love it after a while.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Had mine a while and it's a keeper.

http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links