The SP101 Club - Page 10

The SP101 Club

This is a discussion on The SP101 Club within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Decided against it.... apparently "LIKE NEW" and "TIED TO THE BUMPER AND DRAGGED BEHIND THE CAR FOR A FEW BLOCKS BEFORE USING IT TO PISTOL ...

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: The SP101 Club

Decided against it.... apparently "LIKE NEW" and "TIED TO THE BUMPER AND DRAGGED BEHIND THE CAR FOR A FEW BLOCKS BEFORE USING IT TO PISTOL WHIP A CHAIN LINK FENCE" mean the same thing to this seller. Starting over.

picked mine up today. My first handgun purchase! It's really a beautiful gun - has the wood inlays on the grip. I'll post pictures tomorrow hopefully

also -- what is the significance of the sealed envelope containing a single casing with the primer painted red? It looks like there was a signature on the envelope, so maybe that was an inspector? anyone who knows I'd appreciate the help

Quote Originally Posted by Haystacker View Post
    If anyone needs some new leather for the SP 3 inch, I have these on my web site. I'm offering these at a great price. Just let me know.
    I like these holsters and need one for my Sp 3" let us know when you get set up in Colorado..I like a 15 degree cant, also with straps for IWB/OWB. What is the normal delivery time?
    I've found that a holster for the SP101 357 3" is very hard to find. Your's look very nice!!
    US Navy Veteren
    Ruger SP101 357 3" Barrel
    Taurus 65 357 Mag
    Glock 19 Gen3
    Walther PK 380
    www.guntoters.com

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    I wish you 101 lovers would join me in writing in to Ruger and letting them know they are missing the boat by not offering this model in 44 special.

Michael
    I can't even begin to tell you how much I have thought of this. The SP101 is a tank in .357 and it could do amazing things in .44 Special. Instead we get stuck with Taurus and Charter Arms as our only current options.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Finally! I found a good, clean used SP101 2.25" .357mag and my LGS and put it on layaway today. I should be picking it up in a few weeks. I'm very excited to say the least. I took a pic but it came out pretty crappy so I'll post a better one when I get it.
    I carry a .357mag because no one bickers about the .357mag being "enough".

The SP101 was my second pistol of purchase, and I'm not going to give it up anytime soon. My armorer wanted to give me a price to take it off my hands, but I politely declined: it's not on the market.

Tried the small of the back leather Galco holster, but found it to be cumbersone, and heavy. Not my first choice for CCW, but definately a great choice for home defense. Built like a tank, and indestructible.

I love mine. Houge grip and IWB garret industries Silent thunder and silver dollar pancake hosters to fit. I didnt care for .357 mag rounds with the original grips but with the houge monogrip, it really changed the handling and recoil. I carry it 50% of the time. Other times it is a 1911.
    Equality does not exist in the real world - it is a fiction to help the self esteem of those people who consistently fail to succeed.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

Senior Member Array kahrcarrier's Avatar
    I have been wanting one for a long while. Put one in layaway last week at the LGS. A customer had purchased it for carry, decided it was too bulky, so returned it unfired to trade in on a bi-tone XDs. I didn't hesitate; a nearly new SP101 for a used price.

Been a member of this club for about 10 years. It was my first gun. Now, it has Houge grips. I just love the BOOM of a full load magnum.

The SP101 is the anvil tough member of the j-frame sized snubbie world. Nobody, but NOBODY breaks or wears-out an SP101!
    Hulley and BobR1 like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACP4ever View Post
    I can't even begin to tell you how much I have thought of this. The SP101 is a tank in .357 and it could do amazing things in .44 Special. Instead we get stuck with Taurus and Charter Arms as our only current options.
    No doubt the SP101 is tough enough to handle the .44 Special, but the question is; is the cylinder large enough to accommodate five .44 inch holes? I'm betting that's the limiting factor.
    Last edited by Mdauben; October 27th, 2012 at 10:01 PM.

Is it really remotely comfortable to carry IWB? I've held one and it feels like it would just be too bulky on my right hip, left hip or my back.
    RichB70 likes this.

Re: The SP101 Club

Quote Originally Posted by CaveJohnson View Post
    Is it really remotely comfortable to carry IWB? I've held one and it feels like it would just be too bulky on my right hip, left hip or my back.
    Mine rides AIWB, in a Mr. Softy by High Noon holsters. I hardly notice that it's there.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Great gun, but I found it to be a bit bulky and cumbersome....tried a small of the back Galco carry and did not like it. Still, it's a great piece, and my local gun store gave me an offer that I could not refuse for mine....unfortunately for him, I did refuse.

Still, a great home defense weapon.
    Operation Joint Endeavor, Bosnia and Herzegovina, US Army, 1st Armored Div (1995-96)
    SFOR, Stabilization Force, Bosnia and Herzegovina, US Army, 1st Armored Div (1997-98)
    Operation Iraqi Freedom, Iraq, US Army, 3rd Infantry Div (2007-08)
    Operation Enduring Freedom, Horn of Africa, US Army (2010)

Quote Originally Posted by CaveJohnson View Post
    Yes, I bought mine not too long ago and carry it in the same holsters as my LCR and its as comfortable. Keep in mind the SP101 is slightly thicker than a LCR so some holsters are no a percect fit but darn close.
    I carry a .357mag because no one bickers about the .357mag being "enough".

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Links