Defensive Carry banner

The SP101 Club

108K views 429 replies 176 participants last post by  sparkyfender 
#1 ·
I finally joined the .357 crowd :image035:

I've been pining for one of these for awhile, now and I just happened to give in at a weak moment at the LGS:

If the wind dies down tomorrow, Mr. Ruger and I are going shooting :shootin:

And, I couldn't find any .357 mag locally, except for some Blazer 158 grain stuff.

I landed a good deal on these .38 +P from Federal, but cannot identify them. I wanted to get some ballistic data, can anyone help out?

Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Product
Revolver Gun Auto part Plastic
Glass bottle Ammunition Bottle
Text Font Technology Label Auto part

See less See more
Reactions: CowboyColby
#3 ·
Have you posted a pic of it? My pics don't do it justice :redface:

#5 ·
What are you shooting in it?

#10 ·
Thank you sir :hand10:

#14 ·
A fantastic concealed carry handgun! I have a S&W 442 and I don't know what it its, but I just love carrying my revolver. I have been carrying it more than my H&K USP Compact or my Walther P99. I wish I had the money right now to buy an SP-101. They are awesome!

#25 ·
The Ruger compliments my 442 nicely :image035:

Reactions: arizona
#20 ·
Congrats on the SP101.:congrats:
I love mine as much as my Glocks...I just can't get to making it my Primary...yet!

Reactions: old grunt
#23 ·
Congrats, I just picked a Kahr CW45 up out of layaway, and they had an SP101 3" so I laid it away. The SP101 is my favoriye revolver, I had the DAO version and really liked it, I don't really know why I ever got rid of it. They are great guns. I know you will enjoy it.

#24 ·
I've been in the SP101 club for a little while and I love it!!!! So much so, I want to get a 3" model with a DAO hammer and switch the hammers so the short barrel one has the DAO hammer and the longer barrel would have the spurred. I'm currently carrying Speer Gold Dot 158gr JHP .357 Mag.

Attachments

#26 ·
Bummer!

It's snowing today. No shooting :9:

I guess that I'll just have to stay inside and go online shopping for a holster and some ammo :hand5:

#29 ·
STILL WAITING !When my refund check from NYS comes(for a long-time overcharge on my health insurance) I'll be joining the club. Can't wait! I noticed that SP101 had a NH rollmark instead of Southport,CT...guess Ruger move the line up there.

#33 ·
Mine fits in my 442 holsters; a Mika pocket holster and a Remora No-clip holster.

I just placed an order for a Mr. Softy, for the Ruger.

#38 ·
I too carry it in a Simply Rugged Silver Dollar. It works surprisingly well as an AIWB for me with the optional straps; when not primary it rides as the BUG to my 1911 (SP101 at 12:30 AIWB and 1911 at 4:00 OWB in an American Heritage holster from Garrett Holsters). Otherwise when I want to carry a lighter gun only the SP101 goes IWB at 4:00. Two speed strips of Remington R357M1 in my jean's watch pocket.

Attachments

#40 ·
I bought a "new" never fired, 1995 model SP101 .357 mag 3" last year. It's the first revolver of any kind (tried many over the years) that actually fit my thick hand and short stubby fingers. It's also the first firearm in 47 years of shooting to actually convince me to stop putting off reloading. I've actually been successfully hammering out (light) .357 mag cartridges on a Lee Classic Loader, haven't blown up the Ruger, and still have all my fingers.

The only improvement I could imagine for the SP101 would be to have the option of easily interchangeable barrels like the Dan Wesson (that's just too cool)

surv

#41 ·
I'm getting very close to re-joining the club. I sold mine about 3 months ago, and then I found out about Gemini Customs. I want to get some of their work done and the SP101 is a great gun to begin with, so it is what I want done. There's one locally for $550 that comes with a bunch of stuff. I think I'll be getting it this coming week if it's still there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.