Defensive Carry banner

The SP101 Club

108K views 429 replies 176 participants last post by  sparkyfender 
#1 ·
I finally joined the .357 crowd :image035:

I've been pining for one of these for awhile, now and I just happened to give in at a weak moment at the LGS:

If the wind dies down tomorrow, Mr. Ruger and I are going shooting :shootin:

And, I couldn't find any .357 mag locally, except for some Blazer 158 grain stuff.

I landed a good deal on these .38 +P from Federal, but cannot identify them. I wanted to get some ballistic data, can anyone help out?

Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Product
Revolver Gun Auto part Plastic
Glass bottle Ammunition Bottle
Text Font Technology Label Auto part

See less See more
Reactions: CowboyColby
#292 ·
Looking to get a 3" but, wanted to know if anyone has ever shot hotter factory loads out of the 3"? My GP 100 is loaded with Buffalo Bore 180 hard cast for my wilderness/fishing gun and wanted the SP to do some woods duty at times. That load is no big deal in the 5" GP but, might be quite stout in the SP. Any experience?

#300 ·
Ah the Trausch grip, the Holy Grail itself!!!! Last time I was able to locate a set for sale they were in Austrailia and almost as much as what I paid for my SP. Tell us how it is you are involved in recreating the Trausch and how how soon can I send you my money!!!!

#302 ·
I have 3 each SP101's, a 2" .357, a 4" .22 and a 4" .327 Federal mag. The .327 mag is a prelude to an LCR .327 Fed mag. The SP 101 shooting .327 Half Jacket HP's is like shooting my .44mag. The gallon water jugs blow up like they got hit with a .44 mag. All are keepers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.