Hey Los! Any Kahr PM9 vs. CW9 Charts?

This is a discussion on Hey Los! Any Kahr PM9 vs. CW9 Charts? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; FYI. I'm working on a PM9 vs. CM9 comparison chart and I can tell you that the two are identical in dimensions. The only obvious ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey Los! Any Kahr PM9 vs. CW9 Charts?

los
    FYI.

I'm working on a PM9 vs. CM9 comparison chart and I can tell you that the two are identical in dimensions.

The only obvious physical difference between the two will be the Slide. The CM9's slide has an exaggerated bevel on the front tip. Other than that, they are virtually a mirror copy.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

2. Remove Ads

los
    Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    Thanks a lot los!
    My pleasure, GM ..

Quote Originally Posted by los View Post
    I'm working on a PM9 vs. CM9 comparison chart and I can tell you that the two are identical in dimensions. The only obvious physical difference between the two will be the Slide. The CM9's slide has an exaggerated bevel on the front tip. Other than that, they are virtually a mirror copy.
    You might want to double-check your measurements.

Perhaps "bevel" means something different where I come from. A bevel is an angle or curve placed on a metal surface that has nothing whatsoever to do with its actual length. Viewing your own comparison photos, as well as noting Kahr's clear specifications, it is shown that the CW9 is quite certainly a 1/2 inch (and more) longer overall than the PM9, and not merely because there is a bevel cut onto the lower portions of the front of the slide. Irrespective of that metalwork, the metal is still there ... and it's more than 1/2 inch longer.

As well, the PM9 with the standard 6rd magazine is a 1/2 inch shorter than the CW9. If one opts to instead use the longer, extended 7rd magazine in the PM9, then yes the PM9 does end up being as tall as the CW9. But not otherwise.

As for width alone, they are indeed nearly identical.

Of course, anything less than an inch difference in OAL isn't much tougher (if at all) to conceal holstered. Most should find the greatest difference in defeating concealment in a holstered CW9 (as compared to a PM9) being in the added length of the butt of the grip. In this area, the PM9's 1/2 inch shorter profile can definitely work to advantage.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

los
    FYI.

I'm working on a PM9 vs. CM9 comparison chart and I can tell you that the two are identical in dimensions.

The only obvious physical difference between the two will be the Slide. The CM9's slide has an exaggerated bevel on the front tip. Other than that, they are virtually a mirror copy.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    You might want to double-check your measurements.

Perhaps "bevel" means something different where I come from. A bevel is an angle or curve placed on a metal surface that has nothing whatsoever to do with its actual length. Viewing your own comparison photos, as well as noting Kahr's clear specifications, it is shown that the CW9 is quite certainly a 1/2 inch (and more) longer overall than the PM9, and not merely because there is a bevel cut onto the lower portions of the front of the slide. Irrespective of that metalwork, the metal is still there ... and it's more than 1/2 inch longer.

As well, the PM9 with the standard 6rd magazine is a 1/2 inch shorter than the CW9. If one opts to instead use the longer, extended 7rd magazine in the PM9, then yes the PM9 does end up being as tall as the CW9. But not otherwise.

As for width alone, they are indeed nearly identical.

Of course, anything less than an inch difference in OAL isn't much tougher (if at all) to conceal holstered. Most should find the greatest difference in defeating concealment in a holstered CW9 (as compared to a PM9) being in the added length of the butt of the grip. In this area, the PM9's 1/2 inch shorter profile can definitely work to advantage.
    ccw9mm, you misread my post. Please read it again.

I am referencing the "CM9",..not the CW9. The CM9 is indeed identical in all dimensions to the PM9.

Quote Originally Posted by Variable13 View Post
    For those that carry a CW9 IWB where do you have your holster located on you waist? Which holsters do you find to work the best?
    - I carry my PM9 in a CrossBreed MiniTuck at 4:30. It's the most comfortable holster that I've owned.

GM
    FYI.

I am already waiting for the PM9 vs. CM9 comparison chart ; I really would like to see it! Will you post it here or will you start a new thread? Many thanks for sharing your work with all of us!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

los
    Here ya go, GM.

I hope this Chart sheds some light on questions regarding O/A size and Slide difference between the two. Note that I added additional reference lines to the pistols to help illustrate the identical O/A dimensions.

Last edited by los; February 20th, 2011 at 11:18 PM.

GM
    Thank you so very much los. As always you did a very good job! Ignoring the price, why getting the CM9 when when the PM9 is an amazing firearm? Did I miss something?
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

los
    Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    ... I wonder why getting the CM9 when when the PM9 is an amazing firearm? Did I miss something?
    Cost.

Some folks would rather save the extra $200-$300, while not sacrificing quality and reliability. Although, I must say that the PM9 is aesthetically more appealing to me, as the beveled slide on the CM9 doesn't blow my skirt up.

ccw9mm, you misread my post. Please read it again.

I am referencing the "CM9",..not the CW9. The CM9 is indeed identical in all dimensions to the PM9.
    Ach. My apologies. The thread's about the CW9. Your photos/chart were about the CW9. But your follow-on post does indeed then speak to a different, new model named the CM9, being nearly identical in size to the PM9, not the CW9 being so. Sorry 'bout that.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

los
    Sorry for the confusion, ccw.

I brought-up the CM9 because the OP specifically referenced the handgun in his opening post. He asked if I could make a few charts featuring a few Kahrs and the CM9 was among them. So I made and uploaded the CW9/PM9 comparison chart first,...then came the CM9/PM9 chart.

Los,

Once again you are the man!

You are right those are almost the exact same. Anyone know what they will retail for? I saw 565.00 MSRP but usually it is cheaper than suggested. Anyone taking pre-orders?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links