glock 26, first 100 shot

This is a discussion on glock 26, first 100 shot within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Shot new glock 26 today, shot 100 rounds and I seem to shoot better with this than even full size pistols. I shot from 10 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: glock 26, first 100 shot

glock 26, first 100 shot

Shot new glock 26 today, shot 100 rounds and I seem to shoot better with this than even full size pistols. I shot from 10 yards at paper plates and the worst mag was 8 of 10. I seemed to shoot my follow up shots better during rapid fire, is this normal? Does anyone have the same experience.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Yup. I could pontificate about the shorter sight radius complimented by good harmonics allowing you to get back on target quicker, or another hypothesis that the barrel locks in quicker and more consistently after each shot, providing for cleaner execution.

Or, I could just say that there's some seriously good juju on the 26. Why there are not more folks discovering this, is more of a mystery to me.

Love my 26! I use paper target printed from my computer out to 50' at the indoor range, so no it's not that unusual. Very nice gun. If you're needing an IWB holster for it, I recommend the Galco Stow-n-go.

Just recieved high noon hidden ally last week. I like the size and customer service so far has been great.

Can regulary place all shots on a piece of notebook paper at 40 yards with the 26. It's my favorite out of the glocks.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Can regulary place all shots on a piece of notebook paper at 40 yards with the 26. It's my favorite out of the glocks.
    Are you sure about that measurement? The local Conservation Dept out door range has a 50 yard target board. I can hit target that size with my Ruger Charger, resting on the bench and using a scope, but it's scattered across the entire page. Attempts with the G26 were a complete waste of ammo.
    I'm not saying it can't be done, that's just a very very long range shot for a pistol.
    Even on the 25 yard board, most guys use full sized silhouette targets.
    50 Feet (about 16 yards) is the max range at the indoor range nearby. At that distance, I can match the 10 rounds in an 8"x10" target. Sometimes.

RKM
    It seems that all the compact Glock's are just as accurate, and sometimes more accurate as their full size versions in some people's experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis128 View Post
    Are you sure about that measurement? The local Conservation Dept out door range has a 50 yard target board. I can hit target that size with my Ruger Charger, resting on the bench and using a scope, but it's scattered across the entire page. Attempts with the G26 were a complete waste of ammo.
    I'm not saying it can't be done, that's just a very very long range shot for a pistol.
    50 Feet (about 16 yards) is the max range at the indoor range nearby. At that distance, I can match the 10 rounds in an 8"x10" target. Sometimes.
    25 yard fist sized groups are boringly regular with my G26 if I take my time,at 50 yds off a bench your unmodified charger should shoot just as well as a comparible 10/22 carbine if the shooter does his part.

Quote Originally Posted by roadrash View Post
    25 yard fist sized groups are boringly regular with my G26 if I take my time,at 50 yds off a bench your unmodified charger should shoot just as well as a comparible 10/22 carbine if the shooter does his part.
    I'll keep practicing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis128 View Post
    I understand being skeptical. I have dealt with it all my life, lol. I am not doing anything special, anyone can do it. I routinely practice at ranges well beyond what is considered over the top for handgun purposes. Caught the bug from my grandfather and Elmer Keith when I was a pre teen. Heres a few groups fired off hand at 40 and 50 yards with my stock G26 that I took last summer on the farm. Ammo was 115 CCI BLAZER brass case.

pic1.jpgpic3.jpgpic2.jpg

I think the third pic is what the paper looked like from 50 yards. This messes with peoples minds. You have to remember the target stays the same size regardless of your distance. This is where trigger control will make it or break it.
    Basic fundementals must be mastered.

An interestering statement you made was "most guys". I had to smile when I read that. I have worked long and hard, spent alot of effort to not be "most guys" when shooting. Anyone can do it, Im not special, just practiced.

Quote Originally Posted by mjblat View Post
    Shot new glock 26 today, shot 100 rounds and I seem to shoot better with this than even full size pistols.
    Gen 4?

My 26 was my first Glock. I was shocked at how well (for me) that I could hit with it. The 19 was next and just as impressed, love them!!
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Yup. I could pontificate about the shorter sight radius complimented by good harmonics allowing you to get back on target quicker, or another hypothesis that the barrel locks in quicker and more consistently after each shot, providing for cleaner execution.

Or, I could just say that there's some seriously good juju on the 26. Why there are not more folks discovering this, is more of a mystery to me.
    Agreed. The shorter Glocks do seem to shoot better. There are a lot of people who make this discovery the first time they shoot them.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Are yall shooting with the standard mag or with mag extensions?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    Are yall shooting with the standard mag or with mag extensions?
    I carry/practice with the standard mag, not even a pinky extension. But I'm guessing that I'm the exception. I keep it as such because it makes it easier to conceal, and my support hand holds it like a vice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links