Glock 22, Gen 4 - 1st 100 rounds

This is a discussion on Glock 22, Gen 4 - 1st 100 rounds within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am a happy little camper. Just fired the first 100 rounds out of my newly issued Gen 4 G22, and it was awesome! The ...

Thread: Glock 22, Gen 4 - 1st 100 rounds

I am a happy little camper. Just fired the first 100 rounds out of my newly issued Gen 4 G22, and it was awesome! The recoil seemed to be smoothed out a bit, and the grip was noticably more comfortabe with the slightly slimmer profile and the RTF2. I did get some nicks on my strong hand thumb from the larger and sharper edged mag release, but nothing that wont callouse over in time. Shot a 290 out of 300 on the qualification, and had some of the best times on the line out of the holster and rounds on target on the rapid engagement drills.

Can't wait to take that baby home, might have to sell the Gen 3 G23 that I have at home and replace her with a Gen 4.... :-)
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

awesome,, does your gen 4 have a different finish on the slide then the gen 3
    "When you have to shoot, Shoot! Don't talk."

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    What? You mean it didn't FTF/FTE like all the claims of lousy reliability of the Gen 4s? I am soooo disappointed.

Your Gen 4, unless it has the scalloped slide grips, actually has the RTF, not RTF2 which is sharper pointed and prickly. A little filing or sandpaper will "adust" the mag release edges to your liking.

The G4 G22 I handled felt best with out the additional backstraps. I consider that mod an improvement despite with the naysayers cry. The dual recoil spring works great in my G30, so why wouldn't it benefit the G22?

Did you noticed any difference in the trigger? Some have mentioned it as being stiffer.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

No issues with me on the trigger - of course I have never been terribly sensative to trigger pull - I suppose the frame is RTF then - its nice, not the sharp pyramid shape of the scalloped version. I am a fan of no additional backstraps, the Gen 1-3 grips were always a little thick for me. I always made it work, but I feel much better with this. The recoil is fantastic, of course there is still the same amount of energy pushing back, but the gun seems to handle it more smoothly. 48 guns on the line, and not one single malf.... Every one shot 100 rounds, so almost 5k rounds with no issues.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    What? You mean it didn't FTF/FTE like all the claims of lousy reliability of the Gen 4s? I am soooo disappointed.

Your Gen 4, unless it has the scalloped slide grips, actually has the RTF, not RTF2 which is sharper pointed and prickly. A little filing or sandpaper will "adust" the mag release edges to your liking.

The G4 G22 I handled felt best with out the additional backstraps. I consider that mod an improvement despite with the naysayers cry. The dual recoil spring works great in my G30, so why wouldn't it benefit the G22?

Did you noticed any difference in the trigger? Some have mentioned it as being stiffer.
    You mean the issues like what Glock talks about here at shot show? I love when NF just straight up puts him on the spot!

http://www.youtube.com/user/nutnfancy#p/u/3/8f7c1a1uTv0
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I got mine back in October of last year, I've put about 550-600 rds. thru mine without a hiccup. I really don't know what all of the complaints were about. I did a thorough cleaning job(i.e. frame and slide) with Gunscrubber(Synthetic Safe) right out of the box and lubed the 6 points that Glocks recommends and I've had no trouble at all.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigpoppa48 View Post
    I got mine back in October of last year, I've put about 550-600 rds. thru mine without a hiccup. I really don't know what all of the complaints were about. I did a thorough cleaning job(i.e. frame and slide) with Gunscrubber(Synthetic Safe) right out of the box and lubed the 6 points that Glocks recommends and I've had no trouble at all.
    I think the 9mm's are the ones with problems
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Sponsored Links