Taurus PT 1911C opinion

This is a discussion on Taurus PT 1911C opinion within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone had any expierence with the new Taurus PT 1911C? I know of Taurus past history and trust their quality, but have not heard ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taurus PT 1911C opinion

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar

Arrow Taurus PT 1911C opinion

Has anyone had any expierence with the new Taurus PT 1911C? I know of Taurus past history and trust their quality, but have not heard anything about this new one.

Stay safe,
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

2. Remove Ads

Nope

I have not heard anything one way or the other about the PT1911. I am very interested in it myself though. Especially when they come out with the compact model.

I too am a Taurus fan, as you might be able to tell from my screen name. I own several and carry a PT-111 on a daily basis.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I got to examine a Taurus 1911 at the Winston Salem gunshow on saturday. The blue is of the black type and nicely done. The "billboard" markings on the slide do not appeal to me. The fit and finish on the pistol are very good to excellent IMHO. The back of the slide is even with the frame, and the slide to frame fit was tight without any slop or play. The barrel hood didn't move and barrel muzzle to bushing fit was tight as well. It has all the bells and whistles that 1911 fans clamor for. The ambi safety engaged easily with little effort and a positive snick. The only negatives in my examination (I have not shot the pistol) were that I found the trigger to be gritty, and when I racked the slide, it felt gritty as well. This could be due to a lack of lube as I saw no evidence of grease or oil on the pistol, and it was brand new in the box. Perhaps both those issues would be solved by use. I compared it to a Charles Daly 1911 next to it, they were of equal quality IMHO, although the Daly's slide felt like it was mounted on glass rails. The asking price for the Taurus 1911 was $475, IMHO you get alot of gun for your money. Regards 18DAI.

That sounds 'bout like a taurus to me. But thats the norm. A gritty trigger smooths up with use or polishing, of course. I'd take a dremel and polish/lube the rails.
    One of the few taurus firearms that impressed me 100% out of the box was the gaucho S.A. revolver. THAT was smooth...

Senior Member Array Ride4TheBrand's Avatar
    Dunno about the compact model, but the full size model made the cover of the NRA's American Rifleman magazine. Comes stock with tons of "improvements"
    "We must remember that one man is much
    the same as another, and that he is best
    who is trained in the severest school."
    ~Thucydides, History of the Peloponnesian War

Seems like a heck of a gun for the the money. You get a nice beavertail, ambi safety, 30dpi checkering on the frontstrap, under the trigger guard and even a nice steel 30 dpi checkered MSH all for around $500. Hell the thing even has Heine straght 8 sights. According to American Rifleman it is a good gun and shoots great groups but has a heavy trigger. If I was looking to spend about $500 on a gun right now i would pick one up. Even if it needed a trigger job it is still a steal.

Mine has a sweet light crisp trigger, very accurate

The 5-inch blued gun is just hitting dealers. Stainless steel to follow. Not sure anyone has seen a compact yet, other than the magazine ad.

The reviews so far sound pretty good.
    DDGator (Duane)
    www.RealWorldCarryGear.com

The looks are pretty generic for my taste...I know a 1911 is a 1911....but it is nice when the manufacturer puts a little effort into the overall design (i.e. para ordnance did a nice job with their interpretation of the classic).
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    i am very anxious to see, touch, fondle and hopefully purchase a full size stainless version. I have one ordered, but only time will tell when it will come in. The price seems to make this a great value, I am willing to take a chance on one, especially with taurus's lifetime warranty, and the fact I have others to use/shoot if I need to send it in. I did read that the two factory mags are junk....surprise. so wilson combat mags will go into mine as soon as I get it.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    The straight 8's aren't the real thing but copies made by Taurus. Overall, it looks like a pretty decent 1911 and for the price I might buy one for a project gun however, I am going to wait and see what everyone has to say six months from now. Also have heard that Taurus Customer Service sucks!

I know I have been waiting for it to drop for at least 6 months now. They were advertising it on the Taurus site for quite some time and kept pushing the date back. I love my PT111 and my 24/7. ITaurus quality has considerably imporved over the years. I am looking forward to trying it out personally.

Senior Member Array Ride4TheBrand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by torrejon224
    The straight 8's aren't the real thing but copies made by Taurus.
    The advertisement states Heine straight eights. I haven't seen one, so I don't really know... but it seems to me that to advertise a name brand and deliver something else would constitute fraud.
    "We must remember that one man is much
    the same as another, and that he is best
    who is trained in the severest school."
    ~Thucydides, History of the Peloponnesian War

I haven't Even seen one might be interested in one to play with but what has been the hold up on getting them out?

My dealer called around today and was told by all supplyers that they are limited to (2) PT1911C per month. Maybe they (Taurus) is testing the market befor full production starts??
    I put my name on the list, sooo maybe some day!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links