my thoughts on Kahr handguns

This is a discussion on my thoughts on Kahr handguns within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Dsully Gideon, You obviously don't know the definition of the word "opinion" but that's ok. You have over 1000 posts so you ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: my thoughts on Kahr handguns

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsully View Post
    Gideon,
    You obviously don't know the definition of the word "opinion" but that's ok. You have over 1000 posts so you must have a wealth of knowledge and follow instructions. Some people need to read past my original post.
    Some people like to hear themselves talk too.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

2. Remove Ads

That was your 2845th post. Great addition. By the way, I read silently to myself. But thanks for your input :)

You know what the funny thing is? Some people have their panties in a knot because I don't care for the Kahr PM9. It's almost like it's their company and I'm taking food off their table by my one opinion on the gun. Maybe some of you need to look deep into what your real problem is. It's ok, I don't have beef with SIXTO. I thought his post was directed at me but he said it wasn't. If you read, some people agree that it's not a great gun but nothing is said about them because of post count. At least that's the common denominator here. Now all of the 1000+ posters think they have to defend something. Seriously, all jokes aside, I have no beef. If you like the pm, cool man. That's your decision. I'm cool with it but it's not going to change my mind.

I have a CW45. I had one fail to fire (good strike but no boom) and FTE in the first 100 rounds. The recoil spring was very stiff which may have contributed to the FTE. The second 100 rounds were flawless and I'm getting use to the dot over bar sights.

I've owned other 45's (1911 and G36) but the Kahr fits my hand better then any of the others. It's relatively light and thin which as others have said make for comfortable all day carry.

Martial Blade Concepts, Jiu-Jitsu & Eskrima NRA, GOA, NYSRPA, LIF, Old Bethpage Rifle & Pistol Club

Administrator
    Moderator hat on... Knock off the attitudes. It has nothing to do with post counts or anything else. Its more about reputation and a history of sound advice coming from established members. If you can't argue merits of the gun being discussed (no matter if you like it or not) find somewhere else to post. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, as they are just that. Opinions. But don't expect not to be challenged when your opinion is not a popular one. That is half the fun of forums.

Back to the program.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Well.... I have a CW9 & a CW40 and I love them both. They say the Kahrs need a 200 round break-in period and its true. By the time I got thru the 200 rounds they where different guns. Started out kind of clunky but by the end they were sooooo smooth and the trigger is like butter.
    IMHO, I love my CW40. I love to shoot it and I carry it every day & it disappears in my Comptac Infidel.
    Now Im eyeballing the CW45.
    I also have my Glock 23 that I carry sometimes but usually go with the CW40.
    Oh. and the only problem ammo has been with reloads. Just made them to light. Other than that it takes everything I feed it.
    Freedom.... The Price Keeps Going Up, and the Quality Keeps Going Down.

Well, I'd never buy a kahr pm9. Was looking for a pocket 9mm and rented one. I had 2 FTF before 25 rounds. The primer was dented on the shell but didn't fire. Thought it was the ammo so I threw the same ammo in my H&k and it fired perfectly. Yes the ones with the dented primer. If I can't trust a kahr to go boom when I pull the trigger, I'm not buying it.
    I wouldn't judge a gun based on an experience with a rental gun. You have no idea of how many rounds it has seen, what kind of maintenance it has seen etc. I bought a Kahr PM9 new and it has been 100% even during the 200 round recommended break in period.
    Hooah! It's an Army thing!

topsblades@gmail.com

I wouldn't judge a gun based on an experience with a rental gun. You have no idea of how many rounds it has seen, what kind of maintenance it has seen etc. I bought a Kahr PM9 new and it has been 100% even during the 200 round recommended break in period.
    This one never fails...
    http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

Quote Originally Posted by Top View Post
    Honestly, I get that. The problem I got is that it costs me money to run all these guns. Since I had malfunctions with the pm9, I don't want to bother spending the money to see if it was just that range gun or Kahr. The pm9 just left a bad taste in my mouth. Maybe, I'll give it another chance in my future. I know that's crap but I'd rather spend the money on something new and see if I like it. I do this a lot. Any chance I can shoot something I've never shot, I'm in!

VIP Member
    Honestly, I get that. The problem I got is that it costs me money to run all these guns. Since I had malfunctions with the pm9, I don't want to bother spending the money to see if it was just that range gun or Kahr. The pm9 just left a bad taste in my mouth. Maybe, I'll give it another chance in my future. I know that's crap but I'd rather spend the money on something new and see if I like it. I do this a lot. Any chance I can shoot something I've never shot, I'm in!
    I think that by the end of this thread we will have beaten you into submission. By this time next week you will be standing on a street corner in some strange city holding a Kahr promotional sign.

You are getting sleepy....very sleepy..
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

I was on the hunt for a new EDC and when I handled the CW9 I was sold! I was used to how my 1911 handled and fired. It took me some getting used to the CW9. After a few range visits and the addition of a Hogue slipon grip my accuracy has improved greatly. BTW- i have yet to have an FTF or FTE. I did have one FTB (fail to return to battery). I am very happy with the CW9. I also spent a few hours in front of the TV racking the slide to loosen it it up- I think this helped. The only negative I have is that when pressing the mag release the empty mag will not freely drop out on its own, you have to remove the empty to load a full.
    Glock 34 9mm
    Glock 36 .45acp
    Kahr CW9
    S&W 642-2 .38 +P
    Ruger Mark ii 22/45

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I think that by the end of this thread we will have beaten you into submission. By this time next week you will be standing on a street corner in some strange city holding a Kahr promotional sign.

You are getting sleepy....very sleepy..
    Haha. Easy, I'm armed.. :)

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    Okay guys, from a 1000+ poster....sorry if I got a bit irritated and disrespectful. And everyone is right, opinions are just that and we all have them.
    Enjoy your Friday
    Gideon

It's all good man. :) See, we can all just get along.

I have a 2 year old PM9 that has never had a FTF and is my EDC. I am very accurate with it and with the Crimson Trace and night sights on it I am comfortable with it in most situations. My larger, heavier pistols stay in the house or are reserved for SHTF situations. On the other hand, my buddy loved my PM9 so much he decided he wanted to get one too. He is one of those guys who likes to stay off the grid and decided to buy a used one in a face to face transaction. When we took his to the range, it would not go into battery and misfed/jammed with every round. We tried my mags and that did not work either. I told him to send it to Kahr, but I think it is still sitting in his safe. The moral of the story is don't judge a gun by used examples or range rental guns.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links