Gonna get a new carry gun

This is a discussion on Gonna get a new carry gun within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have to admit I'm not a glock fan myself, I'll admit though, they've probably come a long way since they made their initial extremely ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gonna get a new carry gun

I have to admit I'm not a glock fan myself, I'll admit though, they've probably come a long way since they made their initial extremely bad impression on me. I live in a small town, and many years ago, when the glock first came out, a local officer owned 2 first factory run, first gen glocks. He was our local glock fanatic "The Glock is the finest gun ever created" Then I met him out at the range one day. human shaped qualification target, 25 yards, benchrest, sandbags, slow fire. Full clip, he winged it twice in the left arm. Second glock, hit it three times, once near shoulder, once near ribs, and once near waist, all on etreme left edge of target. He also had a smith 9mm with him, and shot well with it so it wasn't the shooter. I'm sure that they have improved since then, but, first impressions still linger.
    Then too, I still instinctively feel a gun should be made of metal. :-) not plastic, see sig line for why. LOL
    A 1911 is Not an obsession, it's simply a recognition that it's THE Gun. :-) All others are runner ups. And hey, if all else fails, aim for the nose and fling it to knock out your foe. Let's see y'all do that with a kel-Tec. ;-)

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrochad View Post
    Does anyone out there have anything good or bad to say about the Beretta PX4 storm???
    I have the full size PX4 Storm and I love it...in fact I have two for home protection with light/laser attached. One in the bedroom, and one in the office. They are very reliable and they're very accurate. I have no experience with the smaller versions; however, I would imagine you'd get the same quality and reliability from Beretta in the smaller models as you would any other firearm made by them....

If you want a revolver, you could consider the Ruger LCR in .38 or .357....still only 5 rounds, but very light. Good luck. Mark
    Mark
    Active Duty Air Force
    Federal Firearms Licensed Dealer - marchellearms.com
    NRA Life Member
    Concealed Carry Permit Holder

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links