High Capacity Sub-Compact 9mm >>>>

High Capacity Sub-Compact 9mm >>>>

This is a discussion on High Capacity Sub-Compact 9mm >>>> within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Are there any High Capacity Sub-Compact 9mm guns the size of the Keltec P11 or smaller that holds 12+1 rounds with its flush magazine ??? ...

Thread: High Capacity Sub-Compact 9mm >>>>

Thumbs up High Capacity Sub-Compact 9mm >>>>

Are there any High Capacity Sub-Compact 9mm guns the size of the Keltec P11 or smaller that holds 12+1 rounds with its flush magazine ??? I know the Glocks are a little larger and with the flush magazine only hold 10+1 rounds. Thanks for any info. God Bless

That 12+1 has to go somewhere, and it will not be super small. The flush mag in the XDsc 9mm is 13+1. But the mag is double stacked and thicker. Those small guns are single stack, that's what makes them thin. You just can't have it all, but the XD is close to what you are asking.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Smith and Wesson M&P9c holds 12+1.... and look good while doing it
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

If you want both reasonably small size and decent capacity,the G26 is as good as it gets.

Recently sold my glock for the M&P9c. No regrets here. I think it carries better too.

Comes with one flush base plate, and another with the finger extension.

Another vote for the 9c-I also got rid of my Glock for it.

kpw
    I'd like to trade the 9c for a Gen 4 G26 but my daughter would kill me. She does love that gun.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

The Taurus Millennium Pro (PT111) is a 12+1 capacity in a pretty small package. I carry it every day. The Length and width is the same as the G26, but the Taurus is a little less than an inch taller, but it weighs an ounce lighter unloaded.

I got a P11 and bought my daughter a M&P9c a coupla years ago,the M&P is something you can shoot a coupla boxes of ammo and enjoy it,the P11 is a 1 or 2 mag gun to stay proficient and after that you just like punishment
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

cj
    When I saw the headline, I immediately thought "P11", only to find you were asking about anything similar out there. I figure if you wait long enough, Ruger will probably make one

But with my obsession with small and compact, I pulled out my comparison spreadsheet...
    Looking at the overall 3D footprint in cubic inches (LxWxH in inches) give a little idea, but it's not the final point of view since shapes make a big difference, but it's one way to look at things:

P11 comes in at about 26 cubic inches with a capacity of 12+1
    Next thing that comes even close (size and capacity) is the SR9C (~28 cubic inches, capacity of 10+1)
    Then the Glock 26 (~31 cubic inches, 10+1 rounds)
    Then M&P compacts (34.5 cubic inches, 12+1)

Of course, I know that all of these can also take certain higher capacity magazines, but if you throw that option into the mix, I'm really not sure about what's available for single stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by cj View Post
    When I saw the headline, I immediately thought "P11", only to find you were asking about anything similar out there. I figure if you wait long enough, Ruger will probably make one

But with my obsession with small and compact, I pulled out my comparison spreadsheet...
    Looking at the overall 3D footprint in cubic inches (LxWxH in inches) give a little idea, but it's not the final point of view since shapes make a big difference, but it's one way to look at things:

P11 comes in at about 26 cubic inches with a capacity of 12+1
    Next thing that comes even close (size and capacity) is the SR9C (~28 cubic inches, capacity of 10+1)
    Then the Glock 26 (~31 cubic inches, 10+1 rounds)
    Then M&P compacts (34.5 cubic inches, 12+1)

Of course, I know that all of these can also take certain higher capacity magazines, but if you throw that option into the mix, I'm really not sure about what's available for single stacks.

Thanks everyone for their replies and input. LOL !!! I did the same thing and tried out the cubic inches like you did. I am thinking that the Keltec P11 is as small as you can get right now for a doublestack, sub-compact, high capacity 9mm and for the price of approx $240 can't be beat. God Bless

VIP Member
    M&P9c "when you want it to go bang"
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

+1 more for the m&p 9c. I haven't had mine a very long time yet, but it definitely carries well, and is extremely reliable thus far.

Links