She came back...welcome home P30

This is a discussion on She came back...welcome home P30 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had a HK P30 DA/SA with the decocker and sold it, begin to regret that decision, so found a replacement. I did not think ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By imthduke

Thread: She came back...welcome home P30

She came back...welcome home P30

I had a HK P30 DA/SA with the decocker and sold it, begin to regret that decision, so found a replacement. I did not think I would like the safety on board, however, it is really optional if you wanta use it.

It functions as a 1911 in that when the slide is racked, safety engaged, it becomes a 16 rd SA semi-auto, cocked and locked. If after racking the slide, if it is decocked, it becomes a DA/SA pistol. If you choose you have the option and I guess someone might want to do it, to use it, decocked with safety on. That's probably for the free state of Kalifornia.

Having owned this gun, I know the accuracy, realibility...with the interchangable side panels and backstraps...from L. M. S....it will fit your hand like a proverbial glove.

Before you say it...and someone will say it anyway. HKs are high $ guns, but they are top quality guns with a life time warranty. That's what makes guns fun....you get to choose what you like best and allow others the same choice.

I've never had a FTE or FTF with an HK....someone has I am sure...I haven't. They eat everything you feed em, and I can't wait to get to the ole shootin range.

JD likes this.
    http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

2. Remove Ads

Seems cool; mostly a Glock fan but I recently have looked at the varations of SA DA etc... I kinda like the Sig p226 too......

This one seems to give you anything you want NEAT; how does it shoot?

VIP Member

Thumbs up

Hmm... The safety is on the wrong side, messing with what is otherwise a very sensible manual of arms. Still, I might have to check one out. Plus owning an HK might add an aire of sophistication to my otherwise country lifestyle? Maybe that's hoping for too much...

Nice pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by imthduke View Post
    I had a HK P30 DA/SA with the decocker and sold it, begin to regret that decision, so found a replacement. I did not think I would like the safety on board, however, it is really optional if you wanta use it.

It functions as a 1911 in that when the slide is racked, safety engaged, it becomes a 16 rd SA semi-auto, cocked and locked. If after racking the slide, if it is decocked, it becomes a DA/SA pistol. If you choose you have the option and I guess someone might want to do it, to use it, decocked with safety on. That's probably for the free state of Kalifornia.

Having owned this gun, I know the accuracy, realibility...with the interchangable side panels and backstraps...from L. M. S....it will fit your hand like a proverbial glove.

Before you say it...and someone will say it anyway. HKs are high $ guns, but they are top quality guns with a life time warranty. That's what makes guns fun....you get to choose what you like best and allow others the same choice.

I've never had a FTE or FTF with an HK....someone has I am sure...I haven't. They eat everything you feed em, and I can't wait to get to the ole shootin range.

Great gun, i might add. The key is that it will eat everything you feed it. That's what I like to hear. M&P, H&K and Glocks are great reliable handguns.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Hmm... The safety is on the wrong side, messing with what is otherwise a very sensible manual of arms. Still, I might have to check one out. Plus owning an HK might add an aire of sophistication to my otherwise country lifestyle? Maybe that's hoping for too much...

Nice pistol.
    It's an ambi safety, there's another lever on the left side of the pistol.

I've held (read fondled) a p30 at the LGS. VERY nice pistol indeed. For me, i have a tough time justifying the P30 right now simply because I have a fullsize USP that I very much enjoy. I do see one coming home with me at sometime in the future though..

I am admittedly a little jealous...

Enjoy it.. and don't trade this one away. If you do.. PM me.

Nice pistol.
    It's an ambi saftey...on both sides.
    http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

I'm saving for a P30 as we speak! I plan on getting the V1 (Bobbed hammer, 4.5 lbs LEM trigger without decocker or safety) or the V4 (Same but 6.2 lbs LEM trigger). I have an HK USP compact with the LEM trigger thats probably closer to the V4 but I shoot it well and I"m sold on the design. Most people really dislike the LEM trigger initially but after enough practice most people (including myself) are totally sold on the design. In 1600ish rounds my HK has never malfunctioned and although pricey HK's are worth it - and the P30's ergos are simply AWESOME. I"m glad you've been reunited with the P30! Hopefully in another 6 months or so I'll have one too!

Congrats on picking up another P30. I enjoy shooting my P30 as it is super accurate, reliable, and with the interchangeable grips very comfy.

All the best

J
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

Links