1911-2011 Anybody celebrating by buying a 2011 special edition model? - Page 2

1911-2011 Anybody celebrating by buying a 2011 special edition model?

This is a discussion on 1911-2011 Anybody celebrating by buying a 2011 special edition model? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Utah celebrated by making it the state gun....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Utah celebrated by making it the state gun.
    USMC Sergeant
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Utah BCI Certified Instructor
    Utah Self Defense Instruction- Utah CCW, Discount NRA memberships/renewals
    Gun Blog,CCW News and Reviews

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleipnir View Post
    Every 1911 is special. It's what makes a 1911 a 1911.

Sure you can get a Glock, but buying a Glock is like buying a Prius, they're both economical and utilize futuristic materials in their construction, and are arguably the future of their respective industries.

The 1911 is the old breed though, like an old muscle car that you have to jiggle the ignition just right to get it to start, or shift a certain way to get a little more 'oomph.' A machine that takes care of you if you take care of it.
    That car analogy is horrible! the 1911 is like a 1967 427 Shelby its big and bad and takes a lot of care to keep in tip top shape because its an old design. The glock is like a new Shelby cobra it does everything that the old did and more, but people still flock to the old one cuz it was the first love and don't wanna move on. That being said I love both!
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    I'm having a Wilson Combat custom made. It will be a professional bob-tailed with a case hardened frame and a blued slide by Turnbull. Last but not least it will be chambered in .38 super. Downside is I am going to have to wait 5 months.
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Dude read what you posted! If you were talking about a car it would be a Prius you are describing! LOL
    Forgive me, I've never sought such knowledge of the Prius, it has never appealed to me.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

CMR
    I just bought a 1911 for the anniversary...when it comes in, I'll take a couple pics and post them.
    Oh and its in .45acp, not .38 Super
    For a lot of people, being a victim is a way of Life. That's a Life I choose NOT to live.

A Shepherd must tend to his Flock. And at times........fight off the wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragman View Post
    takes a lot of care to keep in tip top shape
    That doesn't describe any of my 1911's. I do nothing more to them than I do any of my other guns. When I pull the trigger, they all go bang. I guess I have just gotten a bunch of bad ones, but I have never had all of these problems with them running that everyone talks about. Far as that goes, I guess I got a bad Glock too, cause it has actually had an issue on a couple of occasions.....and I thought they NEVER FTF.

1911/Glock
    Coke/Pepsi
    9mm/45
    Chevy/Ford
    AK/AR

I'm having Chuck Rogers build on my Delta Elite for the birthday.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    Not buying a special edition model but last Saturday at the local gun show I bought a S&W .45 "Doug Koenig" 1911 full size. Just took it to the range yesterday for the first time. Fired 50 rounds of cheap hardball through it. Field stripped it for cleaning and put back together. It's my first .45 auto and first time tearing one down & putting back together. I printed off a copy of the 1911 Safety / Function check (sticky) & will run through the check later today.
    SCGunLover1

jyo
    Well, after 50+ years as a shooter (including several .45s), I broke-down and bought a 1911---Springfield Champion Loaded stainless in .45 ACP---gonna take it to the range soon!

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jyo View Post
    Well, after 50+ years as a shooter (including several .45s), I broke-down and bought a 1911---Springfield Champion Loaded stainless in .45 ACP---gonna take it to the range soon!
    I like the Springfields as well. I was originally looking at these but there was not one available when the "1911 bug" hit me hard at the gun show.
    SCGunLover1

Lightbulb

Well this just sucks! Why-oh-why does it have to be the Centennial celebration for the 1911 this year???? (Yes, I realize that it can't be any other year.)

Getting married this June and moving GF/wife and her daughter and grandson into my house and spending all my available cash on make-my-house-a-home projects. Really can't afford to purchase a special edition but really would like one.

Maybe if I sold a couple of CZ's and this 1873 SAA from my collection I could swing something........but I've made a pledge to put my purchases on hold. Hmmmmmmm what to do, what to do.

What would YOU suggest?
    Ruger MkII, Kel Tek P3AT, Hi Point JH45, SA XDm9, SA XD9sc, SA 1911 MilSpec Loaded, SA 1911 MilSpec Loaded Micro
    Life is fragile and is what we make it. Keep dear to your heart that of your loved ones and fellow man and by God don't try to take it from me or my loved one's.

Quote Originally Posted by resqr9142 View Post
    Well this just sucks! Why-oh-why does it have to be the Centennial celebration for the 1911 this year???? (Yes, I realize that it can't be any other year.)

Getting married this June and moving GF/wife and her daughter and grandson into my house and spending all my available cash on make-my-house-a-home projects. Really can't afford to purchase a special edition but really would like one.

Maybe if I sold a couple of CZ's and this 1873 SAA from my collection I could swing something........but I've made a pledge to put my purchases on hold. Hmmmmmmm what to do, what to do.

What would YOU suggest?
    Well you could hint around at a housewarming gift of a 1911!

Regardless of the anniversary, I just want a 1911. I haven't had the opportunity to shoot one yet. I'm a student though so not much $$ for a nice 1911.
    [QUOTE=resqr9142;1881808]
    QUOTE]Congrats!

[QUOTE=Claymore;1882338]Regardless of the anniversary, I just want a 1911. I haven't had the opportunity to shoot one yet. I'm a student though so not much $$ for a nice 1911.
    Quote Originally Posted by resqr9142 View Post
    QUOTE]Congrats!
    Hey, thanks Claymore.
    Ruger MkII, Kel Tek P3AT, Hi Point JH45, SA XDm9, SA XD9sc, SA 1911 MilSpec Loaded, SA 1911 MilSpec Loaded Micro
    Life is fragile and is what we make it. Keep dear to your heart that of your loved ones and fellow man and by God don't try to take it from me or my loved one's.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links