Taurus Public Defender Polymer - Page 2

Taurus Public Defender Polymer

This is a discussion on Taurus Public Defender Polymer within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry a mix in mine. 3 rounds Federal OOO buck and 2 rounds 45LC. I got some of the Winchester PDX1 ammo the other ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Taurus Public Defender Polymer

I carry a mix in mine. 3 rounds Federal OOO buck and 2 rounds 45LC.
    I got some of the Winchester PDX1 ammo the other day but have not gotten to try it out yet.
    mr.stuart likes this.

poly judge characteristics

I have a few questions for my fellow poly judge owners.
    I have only shot one box of 45 long colts through my poly judge and the inside of my barrel is down to bare steel and scabs back into being blued about half way towards the exit point.
    Question: Is this how everyone's barrel looks?
    I have a Lc9 also with one box of ammo through it and whole barrel is still completely blued.
    I don't know if this is normal wear or excessive. Brand new gun. Cleaned thoroughly before use.
    I apologize if this is thread jacking.
    Please help.

poly judge characteristics

Possibly not a high traffic forum, either I've commited faux paux or no one is interested?
    Strangely I did not recieve notification when the next post occured after mine?
    Most likely should have started a new thread. My apologies.

For all its worth My 2011 poly judge is awesome. I love it. There are problems that will need to be addressed .
    Cartridge extractor/ cylinder axel is out of round. That sucks. There is play in the cylinder locking mechanism. Dangerous? I think so. I will be sending it back to Taurus. Plan to call them tomorrow. 5/30/12 Prehaps these problems are the reason for the barrel being ground out. Hypothesis: cylinder is not lining up properly and I am lucky to still have two working hands. First time firearm purchase. First time firearm owner. First time at the firing range. First time dealing with Taurus customer service. Please don't jump in and bash them as I am willing to give them a fair shake. I will let you alll know how it goes. However anyone who cares to share intelligent information or comments about my scenario or one similar. Please feel free. The reason for my post is hopefully a well trained gunsmith may read this and be able to shed some light on the topic. Thank you.

I believe I've found the notification prompts now. Feet are still a little wet though.

I still shoot and occasionally carry my Poly Defender.
    It took a complete replacement and a repair of the replacement to get it right.
    The first one I had developed a crack in the frame by the forcing cone, and the brand new replacement had timing issues with the cylinder stop. Taurus took care of both issues at no cost to me, but they seem to have real quality control issues. The fit and finish are not even close to my S&W 442 that is my main carry gun now.
    The Judge revolvers are a lot of fun to shoot though.

I'm glad someone is out there. Thanks. I contacted Taurus today and printed my prepaid shipping label. They were sure to ask if this was a brand new gun and when was it purchased? I guess I can't blame them for that It would not be cost effective to cover every illegitimate complaint. I took a lot of pictures and video of the multiple concerns I have with this firearm. I requested a complete replacement.

I recently bought the Taurus Public Defender Poly and have been impressed. It is probably one of the most verisitle guns you can buy. You can carry it cc easily in cargo shorts or cargo pants. I bought it as I have been having a problem with canebreak rattlers in my yard and dog pens. This should take care of those critters, but have not had a chance to use it yet. I was reading where the slugs were more accurate than the 45lc so I will be looking for a box of those plus the Federal 000. I have been able to get the 7.5 loads and the winchester 000. I wanted this pistol because by the time you run and get a shotgun the snake can be gone.

I personally wouldn't use a .410 revolver for self defense, but it'd love one as a field gun.

Whenever I see one of the Judge revolvers all I can think of is what a great weapon for somebody who drives a lot in bad neighborhoods. Think cabbie, delivery truck driver etc. Properly loaded and positioned for easy access, this piece would be great at "repelling boarders" ! Good Luck with it !
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

Congrats.Looks like a nice revolver.

I'm interested in the public defender or the ultra lite. I like the looks of the gun and have owned other various Taurus models and haven't had a quality problem with them. I've seen one advertised as 410/45lc/454c, is that a miss print?
    " healing after loss "

Taurus does make a Judge that shoots 454 , the “Raging Judge” They are huge though, the lightest 454 is about 60 oz.

There were some questions in the thread about the accuracy of 45 Colt from the Judge.

Mine shoots 45 just fine.

This group is 3 shots of Winchester PDX1 225 grain 45 Colt from 7 yards offhand.
    20130714_125108.jpg

I still like the OOO buck the best
    20130824_123715.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links