P-32 for $150

This is a discussion on P-32 for $150 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I posted a question the other nite. Thoughts on 32 acp. And I bought my friends p-32 for $150. I just got his gun for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P-32 for $150

P-32 for $150

I posted a question the other nite. Thoughts on 32 acp. And I bought my friends p-32 for $150. I just got his gun for an always gun and to ride bike. I know its not the biggest gun but I got it due to its size and weight and of course the price. And a few people seem to like and have the p-32. So I feel its better than nothing and beats smaller calibres. When I cant carry a larger gun itll be there. And serve back up duty to my larger guns. Whatdo you all think of this deal. And what kind of defence ammo do you feed your p-32. Thanks for the time all and cant wait to take it out and put it through its paces. OBTW it only has about 50 rounds through the pipe to date. I think I got a pretty good deal. Have a good one everyone.

Sixgun

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Be sure to get a round nosed profile if you are going to use hollowpoints. The little guns can be persnickety with some of the blunt tipped bullets out there. Also, sometimes you get a gun that dosent seem to do so well. Be sure to experiment with different types of ammo brands and bullets and go with the one that is the most reliable.

Usaully it takes a bit of tinkering to figure out which is the best performing load.

and...
    ANY gun is better than NO gun.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    i use federal hydrashok HP in my p3at. they have a round nose hollow point and feed really well. Some will say a .32 is under powered, but it is better than no power. Shot placement will be key, if the little guy is ever needed.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

thats not a bad price at all !
    yep...fed hydroshoks would be my main choice, but I would also try corbon's also. The lil' .32 bullet would be best used in areas w/o clothing. My aim would be at the face and neck.

Assistant Administrator
    That' has to be an OK value deal - and if that is all you have on board it is still way better than zilch!

As has been said - investigate its chosen favored diet! Can't really beat the lil' pup's for sheer smallness!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    I carry my P32 all the time and having read all the reports on the capabilities of the various rounds I came to this strategy. In the chamber is an ordinary Winchester WB 71 gr. FMJ. You won't get over penetration with a .32 ACP round, but you can get penetration. The first round in the mag is a Federal Hydra-Shok 65 gr. Then every other round is FMJ and Hydra-Shok. I don't expect the hollow point to do a lot of expanding nor penetrating, but if it does any it does damage. I'll get penetration with the FMJ and hopefully some serious damage with the Hydra-Shok. Since this is a backup gun I hope that by time I have to use it, it will be clean up time.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

You stole that gun without a gun. Good job!!! Here on Long Island they are going for 305.00 new in my local gun shop. Polished the feed ramp on mine only because I was bored on day. Over 500 rnds since new 1.5 years and never skipped a beat. I also carry Federal Hydra Shocks. I have the ten round mag which works nicely and also added the +1 to the original mag. The belt clip is a nice added feature.The gun will dissapear in your waistline. You will be happy with your very concealable weapon.

It is a GREAT IDEA!!!

Great Idea - Great Price!

I have my Kel-Tec P3AT (2G) loaded w/ Gold Dots - AT ALL TIMES...

When I am carrying a SIG, 1911, Glock, Kahr, Beretta or S&W as a Primary carry choice, the 3AT Pocket Piece is ALWAYS there...

When I can not carry anything else, the 3AT Pocket Piece is ALWAYS there...

You will Love It!

CAUTION: Kel-Tec firearms can be Habit Forming!!!

Enjoy!!!
    Semper Fi ~

Eagle Scout 1975
    U.S.M.C. 1978-84
    Commercial Pilot
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Certified Flight Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Life Member
    TSRA Member

www.TexasArmament.com

Quote Originally Posted by TC-TX
    I have my Kel-Tec P3AT (2G) loaded w/ Gold Dots - AT ALL TIMES...
    You and I have a lot in common!
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Here is a wetpack test with the P32 using corbon jhp and hydrashok.
    http://www.ktrange.com/articles/a10/a10-22.html

Here is another test using various .32 ammo but with different guns, one is a P32. The Gold Dot did not expand in the P32 in this test. http://www.ktrange.com/articles/a10/a10-21.html

I hope you kissed your buddy:you got a good deal.
    I favor Silvertips in my P32:feeds 'em like a champ & excellent accuracy.Haven't tried the CorBons but from all reports it's top-notch ammo.I use HydroShocks or Gold Sabers in my Glock .40:haven't seen any in .32 to try.
    Get an Uncle Mike's nylon pocket holster for carry & an extra mag so you can rotate (I do every month or two) & you'll have a good "everywhere" setup.

QUOTE from myusername
    Here is a wetpack test with the P32 using corbon jhp and hydrashok...
    Here is another test using various .32 ammo but with different guns, one is a P32. The Gold Dot did not expand in the P32 in this test.
    Thanks for the pics MUN...

Most folks have seen these - and other - ballistics tests for the .32ACP cartridge. I think they create a great baseline for ammo discussions and choices.

This is - IMHO - a great example of some of the tradeoffs we deal with on a daily basis.

The .32ACP cartridge is a great round in certain circumstances, however it is IMHO a marginally effect round for SD... which is why I carry the P-3AT (.380) loaded with GD's...

The obvious tradeoff in this example you share is Penetration vs. Expansion. The GDs Penetrate MORE than the others, and Expand LESS than the others, whereas the HSs Penetrate LESS and Expand MORE...

Which gives you the more desired results in any given situation?

Additionally, in short barrelled, compact autos, ammo sensitivity is a real issue to deal with. How will your Ballistically Superior products feed, fire, extract and rechamber in a particular weapon?

I have been lucky - both my P-3AT and P-32 have devoured anything and everything I have fed through them - No Fluff & Buff required.

YMMV, of course!!!
    Semper Fi ~

Eagle Scout 1975
    U.S.M.C. 1978-84
    Commercial Pilot
    Texas CHL Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Life Member
    TSRA Member

www.TexasArmament.com

Congradulations on your purchase. I carry a P-32 everyday. I also got my used for $150. I choose to carry 71gr FMJ. Every round has fed and fired even if I limp wrist. Like everyone has said, its a choice between expansion and penetration. I chose penetration. It also allows me to always practice with my carry ammo. I also have the belt clip, and I really like it.

Thanks for the tips on ammo guys. I kinda like the idea of alternating hp with fmj in the mag then have the best of both worlds some penetration and expansion. The cor-bon and hydras and silvertips seem to be the ones to check out. I know its not the best caliber but it beats nothing. And when riding bike and at work I need ultra deep concealment. And for the price and weight of this pistol I think it will serve its purpose. Take care and be safe.

Sixgun

P-32 Specific Ballistic testing

For those of you interested, here is a like to some very revealing ballistic testing on the KT P-32

http://www.goldenloki.com/ammo/gel/32acp/gel32acp.htm

The author/testers initial comments:
    The idea was born on the Kel-Tec owners group. In order to find the best ammo for the marginal .32acp, several members pooled their resources to fund the experiment. They needed a sucker to... err... volunteer to conduct them and not being all that bright I stepped forward : ) On Sunday afternoon August 27, 2000 the first gel shots were fired. I continued the tests for almost two years and share them on my web page as one more (granted imperfect) piece of information for those selecting self defense ammunition to consider.
    I actually thing the Gold Dots fared Very Well!

What do you think?
    Semper Fi ~

Eagle Scout 1975
    U.S.M.C. 1978-84
    Commercial Pilot
    Texas CHL Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Life Member
    TSRA Member

www.TexasArmament.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast