Sig 238?

This is a discussion on Sig 238? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a P238 produced late October 2010. Absolutely the finest small pistol I have ever owned or fired. The only thing even close IMHO ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sig 238?

I have a P238 produced late October 2010. Absolutely the finest small pistol I have ever owned or fired. The only thing even close IMHO is the Kahr P380 and it can't touch the Sig for trigger or reliability in my book. I have around 400 rounds fired with just one small hiccup. It was a limp wrist I am certain now. The gun runs absolutely like a sewing machine, one of those old smooth ones

2. Remove Ads

I like my Sig p238. It's fun to shoot. I do want to see about getting a new recoil spring. I think if there are any problems, there was a disconnect between the gun designer and the magazine designer. It would be interesting to see if new magazines look different than the original ones. I use all my mags, the one original and the quirky extras I bought. They work. And I suppose that the barrel ramp impinging on the mag doesn't really have much effect except put an interesting little nick on the barrel ramp. I don't know because Sig isn't discussing it. Oh yea, I put loktite on my grip screws so the screws would quit loosening up. That should go into Sig hints.

I would really love it if Sig could do the same style gun in 9mm, like the Kimber Solo.

Quote Originally Posted by sixplus1 View Post
    I like my Sig p238. It's fun to shoot. I do want to see about getting a new recoil spring. I think if there are any problems, there was a disconnect between the gun designer and the magazine designer. It would be interesting to see if new magazines look different than the original ones. I use all my mags, the one original and the quirky extras I bought. They work. And I suppose that the barrel ramp impinging on the mag doesn't really have much effect except put an interesting little nick on the barrel ramp. I don't know because Sig isn't discussing it. Oh yea, I put loktite on my grip screws so the screws would quit loosening up. That should go into Sig hints.

I would really love it if Sig could do the same style gun in 9mm, like the Kimber Solo.
    There are 3 different types of p238 magazines.
    The bump on the feed ramp is from how the barrel moves during the cycling of the action.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links