What do you carry?

This is a discussion on What do you carry? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; HK USP full size in .40 s&W Taurus PT 140 NAA .22 revolver Assorted flashlights and knives too depending on dress and area I am ...

Page 10 of 319 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
Like Tree523Likes

Thread: What do you carry?

Lead Moderator
    HK USP full size in .40 s&W
    Taurus PT 140
    NAA .22 revolver
    Assorted flashlights and knives too depending on dress and area I am headed

2. Remove Ads

I just picked this one up. It has new Trijicons on it and if Iever ned to use it, they're either gonna die from sever B.A.T Bullet Poisoning..or from the laughter of seeing a pimp gun.. I'm hoping these pix come out....
    Attached Images

Red face

Sig 239. I'm looking into buying a CZ P-01.

VIP Member
    HK USP Compact .40 S&W in a Milt Sparks VMII.

A Taurus 605 or Kel-Tec P32

1952 - 2006

What I Carry

I usually carry my Kimber CDP compact in a Sam Andrews Hybrid Saddle holster with a spare mag and Surefire 6P in a matching offside pouch. Other times I carry my Custom Rock River Arms 1911 Full Size in the same holster/pouch rig.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Just picked this up ........Beretta 3032 Tomcat for $199.00 pretty good deal huh?
    Kind of a "In your face gun" but a nice little "bug" either way
    Attached Images

Cool What I carry

I try and compete with the gun I usually carry. This pic was snapped last November, before I grew my beard. I love the P245 for daily carry. It's got a stiff but very manageable DA trigger, so it's unlikely anybody is going to accuse me of firing by accident or unintentionally! I also like the fact that there is no external safety catch to "wipe" as I draw, as is present in my 1911's. I like the Sig so much, I'm getting the P220ST with rail and a SureFire light (X200) AND Crimson Trace Laser Grips to use as my dedicated "House Gun."
    Attached Images
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

are you closing your left eye in this pic??? Is that IDPA or IPSC/USPSA?

~A
    Fave Quotes

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live!!!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
    Edmund Burke

The worst thing in this world, next to anarchy, is government.
    Henry Ward Beecher

Both eyes open and it's IDPA. IIRC there were no procedurals and just a couple of points down in this string. I'm trying to improve my speed, and that means a bit less accuracy at first, anyway.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

I fired with my mouth semi open once and got a blast of spent propellant or powder and that cured that real quick. When ever I do a close support eye cehck, my mouth sometimes opens.

How do you like IDPA? How has it changed your views if at all about what you carry?

~A
    Fave Quotes

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live!!!

Edmund Burke

Henry Ward Beecher

I LOVE IDPA. I went so far as to become a certified Range Officer with them. Sooooooooo regret ever paying for a life membership with USPSA. I never shoot IPSC anymore.

My club http://www.tssa.net has a lot of folks who are DHS and police and even some air marshalls. Some local SWAT types, too.Even a criminal circuit judge! So there is a lot of experience floating around the firing line and we are always learning from each other. That's one reason I went from 1911 to Glock to Sig. I love that IDPA is revolver neutral and there are multiple levels based on classifier rank (so Masters and Experts are never shooting for score against novice and marksman level). There is never a string that goes for more than 18 rounds so you'll nver see the 90+ game stages you see in IPSC. No RACE guns allowed! No comps either. Just what you carry on the street. ALWAYS must draw from a cover garment. Don't care if it's in the 90's in July. You only have to wear a cover garment while you're shooting. Both reloads and holsters must be positioned behind the seam of your pants. Insures concealability. We often draw our courses of fire from local news stories. Our course designers are graduates from the Marquis De Sade school of design. At least that's what we are all sure of....but the requirements are challenging and always throw new factors into the mix. We usually have a "BLIND" stage where we put up visqueen plastic and shooters engage the targets inside a funhouse without a walk through, first. We often do these at night with a flashlight. GUN LIGHTS are forbidden in IDPA, which I think sucks, but that's the way it goes.

Ex, sound slike a great group to shoot with. Wish your group was closer to me. The IDPA group out here is not so active.

~A
    Fave Quotes

Edmund Burke

Henry Ward Beecher

Glock 22 most of the time. When not the Glock, .357 Python.

1952 - 2006
    These are the 2 that I usually carry. The first is a Rock River Arms Custom 1911 that I had built to my specs right down to the serial number. It has a ramped barsto bull barrel with fully supported chamber, Ashley Express 24/7 sights and the grip frame was cut and a Heinie mag well welded in place. The grips were then inletted to fit over the magwell. It makes for very smooth reloads without increasing the length of the grip frame.
    The second gun is my Kimber CDP Compact with a short trigger.
    Attached Images
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Links