Defensive Carry banner

What do you carry?

2M views 7K replies 4K participants last post by  KevinRohrer 
#1 ·
Just wondering what gun(s) every one else carries.

I carry a SIG P239 in 9mm most of the time, but now that the weather is cooler and jackets are in order, the SIG P229 in .40 get the call.

I still dream of the day that i get a commander size 1911 GSR from SIG in .40

#2,699 ·
I see....hopefully, the skull does that very thing for you. Via Con Dios...

#2,702 ·
Depending upon how my joints are working, and what I'm wearing, I'll carry (in order of frequency) Taurus 709, S&W 642 Airweight CTL, Glock 23, or Bersa 380cc. My favorite "shooter" is the Glock; we're really old friends, but the Taurus, cocked & locked w/8rds of 9mm Federal Hydra-Shoks, goes anywhere & is more reassuring than either the Bersa or the S&W .38 spec. - plus the Taurus has "real" sights, a manual safety & a trigger I really like. Obrigado, Brasil!

I have a variety of holsters (don’t we all), but my favorite for the Taurus, S&W or Bersa is actually a digital camera case. It hangs on my belt and just screams "old geezer with a camera", not “gun”. The hanging loop let's me swing it out of the way of the seat belt when I'm driving. The zipper is smooth as silk, and a simple 1" steel-split-ring on zipper tab makes it a cinch to open without fumbling. It also has the advantage of my wife NOT thinking it looks like I'm carrying.

I like the Bianchi nylon pocket holster for pocket carry. Works on jeans, slacks, and inside breast pockets on jackets. I’ve tried IWB route, but there's too much "me" inside the waist-band already.

#2,706 ·
Nice gun, Jonathan. Not quite your Nighthawk, but not too shabby neither! How does it shoot for ya?

#2,707 ·
Hey buddy! It shoots very well. It's like the Ed Brown but fit a little better... Doesn't shoot as well as this does though....

From yesterday's range session....this may replace my love for the AR

Workin' the full auto....

#2,708 ·
Looks like you're havin' too much fun down there in Texas... how do you like the HK45? And what the heck are those long toyz ya got there?

#2,709 ·
The HK45 is nice and a good beater 45. Soft shooting and very accurate and comfortable to shoot. I have the 45c up for sale.

The long guns are a FN SCAR with a 100 round Beta-mag and a suppressed HK MP5 with 2 round burst and full auto. A whole lot of fun to shoot! You can see a good number of cases in the air.

#2,710 ·
The HK45 is nice and a good beater 45. Soft shooting and very accurate and comfortable to shoot. I have the 45c up for sale.
I've been thinking of checking out the P30 in .40. A friend just got one and it looks like a nice gun. I'm so comfortable with my beater G23, though, I don't know... :rolleyes:

The long guns are a FN SCAR with a 100 round Beta-mag and a suppressed HK MP5 with 2 round burst and full auto. A whole lot of fun to shoot! You can see a good number of cases in the air.
You really are having waaaay too much fun down there in Texas, aren't you my friend! hahahaha :image035: Glad to see you enjoying life!

#2,712 ·
The HK45 might be considered a "cheap beater" if your standard of reference is a $2500 1911. :rofl:

#2,713 ·
Sorry, I don't mean to say the HK45 is cheap or something I can buy and throw out like it's dispensible.... I have my higher end guns and my "other" guns... The 1911's, for example, are mainly my carry guns and I enjoy the heck out of them. If I need a gun I can run, bang up, put away then pull it out a few months later and run it some more, that's the HKs or Sigs. I can't remember ever cleaning one after a range session. I only clean them when I get dirty from handling them.

Now, my Nighthawk I'll still run it all day at a class for example, but I'll treat it a little better when I get home.

It's hurricane season here. My go-to guns are one of my AR's and my Sig 226 with a light and 20 round mags. I don't leave when the hurricane threatens, I gas up the generator, pull out the huge free-standing AC unit, fill up the fridge and the mags and send the wife and kids to Austin. I might go if there's a threat this year, but in addition to my Nighthawk on my side, the Sig or HK will be in my bag.

The 1911's are like my wife and the other guns are like.......well, you know.

#2,715 ·
Sorry, I don't mean to say the HK45 is cheap or something I can buy and throw out like it's dispensible.... I have my higher end guns and my "other" guns... The 1911's, for example, are mainly my carry guns and I enjoy the heck out of them. If I need a gun I can run, bang up, put away then pull it out a few months later and run it some more, that's the HKs or Sigs. I can't remember ever cleaning one after a range session. I only clean them when I get dirty from handling them.

Now, my Nighthawk I'll still run it all day at a class for example, but I'll treat it a little better when I get home.
Jonathan... I know what you mean... to me Glocks, SIGs, HKs are in a sense "beaters" because they really are not all that "special" and they are tough. They don't need any particular "special care" that you might give to a highly prized, fine grade 1911. :hand10:

#2,716 ·
It's funny how perception changes with the more you spend on guns... I thought the $3,000 changed things, but that $17,000 MP5 will make you look at everything different!

#2,718 ·

My latest EDC gear photo!

Top Row (left to right)
Leatherman Charge Multi-tool
Relic Watch
Gerber Fast Draw folding blade
Surefire 6P Defender LED flashlight
Leather Wallet (that is falling apart)
Cell Phone

Bottom Row (Left to right)
Two spare G19 mags in a DeSantis double magazine carrier
Glock 19 in a Comp-Tac MTAC IWB holster
Keys with Sabre Pepper Spray

#2,722 ·
I used to carry a Kimber Ultra CDP II 45 caliber. I have since lightened up to a S&W model 442 38 spcl revolver. It's very light and really easy to conceal.

Pat

#2,726 ·
My new concealed weapon of choice is the Sig P250 Subcompact in .40S&W with Hornady 165gr Critical Defense! Being held in a Fobus Evolution Roto-Paddle Holster until I can get my new holster from DM Bullard Leathers.

One very happy camper!