What do you carry?

This is a discussion on What do you carry? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Not used for carry yet (due to NZ law) but intend to get into production class shooting at my local club. My Rig (Para Ordnance ...

Page 105 of 320 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 4796
Like Tree542Likes

Thread: What do you carry?

My gear

Not used for carry yet (due to NZ law) but intend to get into production class shooting at my local club.

My Rig (Para Ordnance 18-9 LDA Ltd with Pearce Grips, Blackhawk CQC L1 Holster, Blackhawk CQC Mag Pouches, Uncle Mikes Deluxe Duty Belt).

My Partner has the same rig but has Taurus PT99 with Pach Signature Series Grips.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Are the gun laws pretty laxed down there? I hear its a very pro-gun nation.

RE: NZ Gun Laws

Certainly not laxed, especially for hand guns, for rifles you pretty much study the arms code pass a test, complete a police interview to make sure you are (fit and proper to own a rifle), and there are some minimum security \ storage requirements to meet. Once you have your licence you can go into any sporting store and buy a rifle or shotgun,

For pistols you have to do all the above but additonally, you have to be a member of a pistol club, there is a 6 months probationary period where you have to shoot at the club and learn about pistol shooting and safety. After that you can apply for a B endorsement on your licence (more police interviews) and have to have approved storage for your guns (6mm steel safe). Then theres a robust paperwork process for purchasing a pistol.

Pistols in NZ can be stored at home but can only be discharged at an approved pistol NZ range. Rifles and shotguns are limited for use on private land in rural areas, or can be used (with special permit) for pest control in built up areas.

No firearms in NZ cannot be used for self defense, people that do get dragged through the courts for use of excessive force. (regardless of what the criminal comes at you with, gun knife etc). Its really a joke.

My friend who runs a gun store had a machete weilding guy come in threatning to kill him if he didnt give him guns, they were cornered in the store and shot him with a .45 auto. He spent 1 year and $30,000in legal fees trying to defend a charge, while the crim got about 1 year jail and is now on parole (the crim also got legal aid).

Its just insane I tell you.

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heylin View Post
    Certainly not laxed, especially for hand guns, for rifles you pretty much study the arms code pass a test, complete a police interview to make sure you are (fit and proper to own a rifle), and there are some minimum security \ storage requirements to meet. Once you have your licence you can go into any sporting store and buy a rifle or shotgun,

For pistols you have to do all the above but additonally, you have to be a member of a pistol club, there is a 6 months probationary period where you have to shoot at the club and learn about pistol shooting and safety. After that you can apply for a B endorsement on your licence (more police interviews) and have to have approved storage for your guns (6mm steel safe). Then theres a robust paperwork process for purchasing a pistol.

Pistols in NZ can be stored at home but can only be discharged at an approved pistol NZ range. Rifles and shotguns are limited for use on private land in rural areas, or can be used (with special permit) for pest control in built up areas.

No firearms in NZ cannot be used for self defense, people that do get dragged through the courts for use of excessive force. (regardless of what the criminal comes at you with, gun knife etc). Its really a joke.

My friend who runs a gun store had a machete weilding guy come in threatning to kill him if he didnt give him guns, they were cornered in the store and shot him with a .45 auto. He spent 1 year and $30,000in legal fees trying to defend a charge, while the crim got about 1 year jail and is now on parole (the crim also got legal aid).

Its just insane I tell you.
    Sounds a lot like our really liberal states... or Canada for that matter. Hey at least you can have guns there that's a +1 on the UK or Australia.

VIP Member
    heylin.

Welcome. Nice set up You got there.

My usual carry weapon is a Kahr K40 Covert. My wife prefers a S&W4516. [And no, the one on the left is not on my CCW permit ;)]

Dex
    Dex }:>=-

Lightningwear Deep Concealment Holsters: http://www.lightningwear.net

I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II with Crimson Trace Laser Grips.
    Firearmfun.blogspot.com

In the summer either a S&W model 60 or a Colt Mustang 380. For winter dress a Bersa UC .45 or a Charter Arms .44. Depends on the mood

I carry an M&P 9c. I love it.

Dont'cha just hate those flyers?
    Attached Images

I carry my G 23 with Ranger SXT 180 grn. Quite simply it is the most reliable, efficient tool I have. I love 1911's, but this is a tool I can and do rely on.
    Rule of Honor

"Only the dead know its better to be alive".

Interesting photos, bellyscraper. Have you shot the pistol enough to establish a reliability predictor?
    Only An Armed People Can Be Truly Free ;
    Only An Unarmed People Can Ever Be Enslaved.
    ...Aristotle
    NRA Life Benefactor Member

Taurus 1911B in an MTAC, didn't think I could find a holster that would make my 1911 disappear, but it does with this one, ya gotta love those full size 1911's.
    The first time you aren't armed and prepared may be the last time you wished you were.

Howdy folks. Glock 23 here. So far, I've only used a Cross Breed Super Tuck holster. I like it a lot, but from what I hear most people who carry end up with a box full of holsters eventually. I assume I'll probably be similar since I have seen several I'd like to try.....

Links