What do you carry? - Page 113

What do you carry?

This is a discussion on What do you carry? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Glock 23 in a IWB Dakota Defender holster loaded w/ Corbon 140gr DPX and 1 extra mag....

Page 113 of 333 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 4995
Like Tree846Likes

Thread: What do you carry?

Glock 23 in a IWB Dakota Defender holster loaded w/ Corbon 140gr DPX and 1 extra mag.

Glock 26 with a Galco OWB concealment holster.

Carry weapons

Para P-12 .45 ACP W/MAGTECH +P 165 GR SCHP

1/2 AND 1/2
    H&K USP .45 ACP W/WINCHESTER RANGER +P 230 GR SXT'S

BROWNING PRACTICAL .40 S&W FEDERAL PREM 165 GR EFMJ

TRY TO CARRY AND OPEN MIND
    "The game of life is like the game of boomerangs, deeds and words return to us sooner or later with astounding accuracy”

S&W 442 Laser

My every day carry is a S&W 442 .38+P with an above the cylinder laser from Lasermax. That weapon is shown in my avatar. My back-up is a Ruger LCP .380 ACP. Occasionally, I carry my S&W 351PD .22 magnum instead of the 442. It is just a bit lighter.

If I am in the mood to carry semi-automatic rather than revolver, I carry a Walther P99 .40 cal compact. My CHL qualify weapon is a Kimber Custom Covert II 45 ACP.

My wife carries a S&W 360PD 357 mag (only shoots 38 +P though) recently fitted with the same laser grip as my 442. She has a Charter Arms "Pink Lady" 38 just to say she has one.

My wife and I will celebrate or 26th anniversary in February. We share many interests and one of them is the 2nd amendment. She is very proficient with her weapon.

I have many pistols that I will carry when/if Texas allows open carry. I own a S&W 329PD 8 round 357 mag with 1 7/8" barrel, a S&W 329PD 44 mag with 4" barrel, a Ruger GP100 357 mag with 3" barrel, and a 500ES S&W .50 cal but that one will never be used for carry.
    NRA Instructor

NRA Endowment Member

Be a mentor to the youth of our communities.
    Show them the way to shoot for the moon.
    If they miss, push them to reach out for a star.
    If any gang banger punks try to divert their attention...
    show them the light as well.

Bronco Bob

My main carry is A Kimber CDP 3/12" barrel 45 cal.My back up is A glock 30 also 45 cal.As A Vietnam era Marine,that was the offical weapon,and it did nasty things to whatever it hit,so i figured that
    if it came down my life or the perps i want his --- to be on the recieving end of the nasties.
    sheepdog37 likes this.

Bersa Firestorm .380 in either a pocket holster or IWB

Was carrying a Kimber Pro Carry II. Jammed to much, very accurate though. Current carry weapon is a Glock-30 (SF). very accurate hardly any recoil and very reliable.

MP1SG... great choice in the G30; it is one of my top choices in a carry gun... incredible gun. The others I choose, depending on mood and clothes, include Colt, Springfield, & Ed Brown 1911 Government & Commanders, G23, G19, and G21SF. I feel well protected with any of these great choices.
    The clowns in government office see the solution to everything is write more laws, creating the ever-mounting morass of legal handicaps that we citizens must labor under.

STATE'S RIGHTS RULE and should be INVIOLATE. Feds butt out!

These days what I carry varies from day to day.... some days it's the remarkable G30 - very soft shooting, stone reliable, very accurate, and ELEVEN round capacity! (14-rounds with G21 mags). Nice. Often a G23 as well (not pictured).

Other days it's this custom Colt LW Commander or Ed Brown Class A Commander - both bobtails

Once in a while (more in colder weather), I'll carry a full size 1911... choosing from these:

TRP

Colt Special Combat Government (Harrison HD rear sight, Novak white-ring Tritium night sight in front)

STI Edge - 18 rounds of hot forty! (Dawson white-ring Tritium night sight in front)
    This gun is surprisingly easy to carry, remarkably soft shooting (40 feels like 9), and
    the capacity is awesome.
    The clowns in government office see the solution to everything is write more laws, creating the ever-mounting morass of legal handicaps that we citizens must labor under.

STATE'S RIGHTS RULE and should be INVIOLATE. Feds butt out!

Here's what I carry

Eternity...it's Hell without Jesus

USN 1969-1973
    USS Jonas Ingram DD938

I have 2 I carry

I use a Taurus PT 111 9mm this is a great weapon. It's a little bulky for work but I like it when I can carry it and prefer it over my back up.

I'm very limited at work because I'm moving all the time so I also Carry an AMT .380 Back Up II. While the PT 111 is highly reliable and very accurate and defiantly my favorite, the smaller back up is great provided you only intend on putting a clip or two threw it at a time. These smaller less expensive hand guns are not designed for heavy use they are meant to be cleaned after every firing and will not be reliable with out the proper regular cleaning. I find that keeping the gun lubed and clean and free of lint is a must. I use quality oils and clean on a monthly basis at the most, I usually wipe it down and oil it every few weeks just to ensure that if it's ever needed "God Forbid" it will work properly.

First, Happy new year to one and all !

I mainly carry a BUG. It would be for most anyhow, it is a S&W 640 in either a bellyband or a SOB holster of whos make I forget. In colder weather I carry a G20 or 21 depending on where I am going in a IWB holster from Galco.
    BILL
    Life's journey is not meant to end at the graveside in a well preserved body. Rather, you should slide in sideways,at the very last possible second, through a great cloud of dust, totally worn out, shouting at the top of your lungs "HOLY CRAP! WHAT A RIDE!"

I carry a Glock 27 as a main, and a NAA Pug as a back up. Some times I only carry the Pug. I wish I could carry at work. We had a shooting at school a few years ago. I would like to be able to shoot back if needed.

Taurus 24/7 Pro DS in 9mm or Taurus PT 111 3rd gen.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    S & W 915 (9mm, 15+1)
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Sponsored Links