What do you carry?

This is a discussion on What do you carry? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Generally my M&P 340 CT .357 mag w/125g GDHP, IWB @ 4 O'Clock. Try decoding that!...

Page 117 of 321 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 4804
Like Tree553Likes

Thread: What do you carry?

Generally my M&P 340 CT .357 mag w/125g GDHP, IWB @ 4 O'Clock. Try decoding that!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

2. Remove Ads

kimber ultra cdp 45 with cor-bon 185

I carry a S&W 40 cal. sigmaVE at 4:00 aGlock 27,40 cal. 1:00 and a Bretta tomcat 32 cal,front right pocket,holsters most of time IWB.

See signature line.
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical
    minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd
    by the clean end"

SmartCarry?

Quote Originally Posted by Erich View Post
    I find myself carrying a Glock 26 (newest model) more and more, with two 17-rounders in reserve.

I carry in a SmartCarry, for the most part. I have a Glock 36 that I\'ve used a fair amount in it, and a brace of 3\" J-frames (a .357 model 60-15 and a .38 36-1) that also ride in it on occasion.

But I do find that I\'m carrying the Glock 9mm most of the time.
    How comfortable are these holsters when sitting? Looks to me that it wouldn't be very comfortable. but if they are I might be interested in buying one... thanks

A Ruger P91dc ( 40 cal) two eleven round clips+one in the chamber
    is a defensive carry without rival in my opinion. This pistol has been around awhile; can be picked up at nice prices and has un-matched reliability, durability, capacity firepower and stopping power to meet any security concerns.

Colder weather I carry either a Wilson CQB compact or Kimber Ultra CDP II. They will both fit great in a Galco 424B holster. Warmer weather I carry a Kahr PM40 or a Ruger LCP in a pocket holster w/the new critical defense ammo.

jon
    S&W 360PD
    Speer GDHP 125gr. .357
    Usually in an Uncle Mike's Sidekick pocket holster.
    Attached Images

The following is my carry rotation. Depending on my required/necessary/acceptable attire and to a lesser extent the climate, I carry one of these every day. The first on the list is my preference and favorite and I carry it whenever possible. The last on the list is what I call my "Lowest Common Denominator", that is it is the weapon that no matter what I'm wearing, etc., it can be carried (Thank You, Kel-Tec)..

Glock 30 with "LaserMax Inside" - .45 ACP
    -> Holster: Comp-Tac Minotaur Spartan (IWB)
    -> Preferred Ammo: Winchester Ranger Bonded 230 grain, JHP
    -> Experience: Over 3200 rounds - Zero Failures

Glock 36 with "LaserMax Inside" - .45 ACP
    -> Holster: Comp-Tac Minotaur Spartan (IWB)
    -> Preferred Ammo: Winchester Ranger T 230 grain +P, JHP
    -> Experience: Over 1800 rounds - One failure to lock open after last round fired...turned out to be operator error (thumb riding slide release)

S&W M642, ported and equipped with Crimson Trace laser grips (LG-405) - .38 Special
    -> Holster: Desantis Nemesis Pocket Holster
    -> Preferred Ammo: Speer Gold Dot Short Barrel 135 grain +P, JHP
    -> Experience: Over 900 rounds - Zero Failures

Kel-Tec P3AT, second generation, with Crimson Trace Laser Guard (LG430) - .380 ACP
    -> Holster: Desantis Nemesis Pocket Holster
    -> Preferred Ammo: Cor-Bon DPX 80 grain, SCHP & Remington Golden Sabers 102 grain, JHP
    -> Experience: Over 2300 rounds - Early failures attributable to operator error associated with limp-wristing, 3 FTFeed all after more than 50 rounds were fired in that session leading me to believe the fault was a overly and "unnaturally" dirty pistol (unnatural because I do not expect to ever engage this weapon in any situation more than 20 rounds)

And I just bought -- yesterday -- a Kel-Tec PF-9 that I will hopefully add to the rotation after I've found a good pocket holster for it and I've put my requisite 300+ rounds through it.
    "Better" is the mortal enemy of "Good Enough"

I am new to concealed carry but have had CCW license for several years; just haven't had a suitable Carry gun. Presently I have a Ruger Blackhawk 357 mag which is big, heavy and can't imagine how I would get by trying to conceal it. I am looking at Kimber, possibly ultra carry or compact models and would love to hear from someone who carries Kimber.

PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Headshrinker View Post
    Presently I have a Ruger Blackhawk 357 mag which is big, heavy and can't imagine how I would get by trying to conceal it.
    Shoulder rigg??

Quote Originally Posted by Headshrinker View Post
    I am new to concealed carry but have had CCW license for several years; just haven't had a suitable Carry gun. Presently I have a Ruger Blackhawk 357 mag which is big, heavy and can't imagine how I would get by trying to conceal it. I am looking at Kimber, possibly ultra carry or compact models and would love to hear from someone who carries Kimber.
    Unless you have on a large jacket, hoodie, or coat it's difficult. I have a Ruger GP100 6" stainless. I've only been able to carry it in the winter. I carry it in a Bianci rig:

I carry it right side rear and it does the job! At first I figured to use the Bianci rig when hunting but it's a pretty decent carry rig.

I'm going to get a Bianci "Cyclone" rig for it next. It's a better rig:

Eventually I'm gonna buy a Ruger SP101 that's easy to conceal anytime. Similar to this:

ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED...until --> Y O U <-- verify. Shoot straight, Be safe!!!

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RETNAVCPO View Post
    Unless you have on a large jacket, hoodie, or coat it's difficult. I have a Ruger GP100 6" stainless. I've only been able to carry it in the winter. I carry it in a Bianci rig:

I carry it right side rear and it does the job! At first I figured to use the Bianci rig when hunting but it's a pretty decent carry rig.

I'm going to get a Bianci "Cyclone" rig for it next. It's a better rig:

Eventually I'm gonna buy a Ruger SP101 that's easy to conceal anytime. Similar to this:

I love our GP100, also 6 inch stainless, but for me just a little to heavy for daily carry.
    Super gun, love target practice with it, but for daily carry we decided on a pair of Kimber Pro Crimson Carry II's.
    What ammo are you carrying?
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

here is my babyes

the first is 1911 para ordenance frame & auto ordenance 9 mm slide.
    the second is tangfolio "The Ultra"-"ipsc approved" 9 mm.
    the third is Glock 17 2TH generation 9 mm.
    Attached Images

I mostly CC my .40 Taurus PT140 due to small size and it is quite comfortable.
    I do carry my .45 SA 1911 and my 9mm Ruger P95 sometimes. The 1911 is not very comfortable.

Links