What do you carry?

This is a discussion on What do you carry? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry a Eaa Witness in 10mm or a XD9 with a Kel-tech P-32 in a ankle holster....

Page 12 of 320 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
Like Tree530Likes

Thread: What do you carry?

I carry a Eaa Witness in 10mm or a XD9 with a Kel-tech P-32 in a ankle holster.

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Currently, it is my P226, but when hot weather comes along, will revert probably to SP-101. Couple of BUGs too which sometimes when pushed become primary ... all depends on circumstances. Either way - ''something'' will be on board all times, however difficult!

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I'm goin to Kittery Trading Post tomorrow and pick up a Glock 29 they've got on hold for me...... with night sights, extra mag and box for 465.00 depends on how it feels in my hands.. I've shot em before, and have had a few of the Glocks.but a 10MM sounds good for the penatration < a line used by Clint Eastwood in "The Enforcer" movie when he was asked about why he carrys a 44mag

I carry a Glock 19 with Ameriglo Operator sights installed. The G19 rides in either a Comp-Tac CTAC or a G-Code paddle holster. My carry ammo is Federal 124 gr. EFMJ. And yes, I do have standard capacity mags! (15 rounds) I will post pics sometime, but if you want to see some now, click on the link in my sig.

I recently just traded my Ruger P-89 (too big to carry, IMO) for a Taurus PT-145 Millenium Pro. After much testing and deciding on the SD ammo I want to carry, it will be added to my carry rotation. 10 + 1 rounds of .45 ACP in a gun a shade smaller than my G19!
    Last edited by Amegatek; April 26th, 2005 at 02:06 AM. Reason: Added a carry gun to the arsenal!
    Gun control is hitting your target.
    -- Amegatek
    Amegatek's Firearms Page

Fullsize HK .40 in a Lou Allessi OWB belt holster with snaps. My SW 640 rides in a Renegade ankle holster
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Well...looks like i didnt get in on this one:

Glock23/Glock 27 in a CTAC w/ Wilderness 5 stitch belt
    Brad B.

Pic of my latest CCW and paraphernalia. Missing from the pic is a Surefire Z2, Cold Steel Voyager tanto, spare magazine, gum, change, and chapstick.

http://www.myspace.com/sgeringer
    SIG SP2009<>XD45 4"<>S&W 638-3<>GLOCK20<>Mossberg Mav88

Customized Springfield Armory 1911 (Gunsite GSP2000,) 1 extra mag; in a hybrid IWB Kramer/Wilderness Outdoors belt/Kydex mag pouch, TOPS
    Interceptor 303 folding knife.

Used to carry a Sig 229 .40.

Tried Glocks too, a looooong time ago, no bueno for me.

SIG P226ST in 357 SIG with one extra mag. 125gr Speer Gold Dots, or RA357SIGT. Wilderness Tactical Safepacker OWB, or (soon) Brommeland Max-Con V IWB. Kershaw/Ken Onion Tactical Blur.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom357
    SIG P226ST in 357 SIG with one extra mag. 125gr Speer Gold Dots, or RA357SIGT. Wilderness Tactical Safepacker OWB, or (soon) Brommeland Max-Con V IWB. Kershaw/Ken Onion Tactical Blur.
    You're going to love the Brommeland Max Con V, I'm just getting mine broke in....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper
    You're going to love the Brommeland Max Con V, I'm just getting mine broke in....
    I'm definitely looking forward to it. 2004 was a tough year for Gary, what with the hurricanes, but he was hoping to have it delivered before the move. I am patient. It will be worth the wait. When I started contemplating full-time carry, I read about folks collecting a box full of unused holsters. I figured, why not cut to the chase, and get equipment I knew I could depend on? The Safepacker has been excellent, no one has given it a second thought, and it is a great way to carry in the car and in hot weather. I'm sure the Max-Con V will be great, too. I'm going to get a Max-Con VI, later this year, for situations where I need dependable one-handed reholstering.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

Para Ord. LDA CCO 7-45 in a Wilson Combat summer comfort IWB ( not a good holster for THIS gun barrel length ) or in a Bianchi OWB Minimalist ( pretty comfortable but not enough rake to suit me )

Glock 27 in a Blackhawk leather Check Six OWB ( I am really liking this holster ) I have a High Noon Tail Gunner on order for it and the Para Ord. for IWB carry.

Ammo is 135 gr CorBon in the 40 and 165 gr or 185 gr Corbon in the 45.

ll like some of the other LEO's
    Duty Glock 21 .45
    Back up Taurus 651 .357
    Rifle DPMS M4 .223
    Shotgun Moss 500

Off Duty Glock 30 and 36 And my 651 i gesss is what you would call my church gun.

My two main carry guns are Bersa Ultra Compacts in either 9mm or 45 ACP. I also have a CZ-40P (40 S&W) I use with bulkier clothes or as my car gun.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    The only advise that I would offer is----always carry a bigger weapon than Betty. A .500 S&W comes to mind. Oh yeah,also, a weapon that you feel comfortable with,a weapon that you can shoot and shoot very well,and a weapon that you will carry ALWAYS. Do your "homework". Make the first one that you buy the only one that you will always carry. Good Luck
    cobra6 likes this.

Links