Defensive Carry banner

What do you carry?

2M views 7K replies 4K participants last post by  KevinRohrer 
#1 ·
Just wondering what gun(s) every one else carries.

I carry a SIG P239 in 9mm most of the time, but now that the weather is cooler and jackets are in order, the SIG P229 in .40 get the call.

I still dream of the day that i get a commander size 1911 GSR from SIG in .40

#302 ·
I would never sell my 84fs, its easy to carry and a real accurate at
10 to 15 yards. I mainly use my E1A for IPSC competition. I have sent it off to have some Dawson Precision sites installed on it. The BDA
is top notch gun. The 84 and BDA have alot of quality in them.

#304 · (Edited)
When not working, I typically carry one of my "Top 5" favorites, including a Glock 23, Kimber TLE, Springfield XD-40 (3"), Kimber Ultra Carry II, or my Sig P229. I carry my North American Arms Guardian .380 when I go to work.

#309 ·
Aught Six said:
I carry a Steyr M40. It's a terrific pistol, albeit somewhat rare among concealed carriers. I plan on picking up a Springfield XD-40SC in the near future to cut down on weight and bulk, particularly in the summer.
From on Steyr lover to another..welcome to the site Aught Six! I'm a several-times over Steyr M and S series owner (including a couple of M40's) like this one, below.

I carry an S40 myself when I want to carry something bigger than my Kahr 9mm's. I have been toting my M357 here and there too. If you can find one, pick up an S40....essentially a compact M40....but I noticed you are on Steyrclub.com, so you know that already. :biggrin2:

#310 ·
srfl said:
From on Steyr lover to another..welcome to the site Aught Six! I'm a several-times over Steyr M and S series owner (including a couple of M40's) like this one, below.

I carry an S40 myself when I want to carry something bigger than my Kahr 9mm's. I have been toting my M357 here and there too. If you can find one, pick up an S40....essentially a compact M40....but I noticed you are on Steyrclub.com, so you know that already. :biggrin2:
Thanks, srfl! Glad to hear from a friendly instead of those crazy Glock zealots. :wink: :biggrin2: That's a sharp looking M you have there. Was that a custom job?

I've been thinking about getting an S-40, but I keep leaning towards the Springfield. There's no doubt in my mind that Steyr M and S are higher quality pistols out of the box. The problem is that service for the Steyrs has been a problem since the start, with all the changes between importers. Also, the pistols themselves, along with accessories, have been much harder to locate consistently. I just wish Steyr would've done a better job with production and marketing.

Yeah, that's me on Steyr Club. I used to be a one forum kind of guy, but I'm taking a look at the better firearm/CCW forums around the 'Net. I'm still making my way through old posts, trying to catch up. :smile: I'll see you around!

#314 ·
Springfield XD9 Service in a Desantis Pro-Stealth IWB.

#315 ·
Aught Six said:
(SNIP) Was that a custom job?

I've been thinking about getting an S-40, but I keep leaning towards the Springfield. There's no doubt in my mind that Steyr M and S are higher quality pistols out of the box. The problem is that service for the Steyrs has been a problem since the start, with all the changes between importers. Also, the pistols themselves, along with accessories, have been much harder to locate consistently. I just wish Steyr would've done a better job with production and marketing.
(SNIP)
I got the slide plated at Accurate Plating & Weaponry in Safety Harbor, FL...Cogan & crew also installed night sights for me.

I hear ya about the Steyr importer problems and the hope they get their act togethere....hopefully that will be resolved and the sanctions imposed on them by our gov't won't affect their "setting up" shop here.

When you get the Springfield...do a range report if you get the chance...I don't know enough about the XD line and they look like nice guns.

Take care and see ya around!

#317 ·
Xd's are a good gun i have a subcompact not sure if i did a review or not let me see..

looks like i didnt do a review but ill give you a short version..

Finsh early models anyways had rusting problems ..

gun weighs more than a full size glock 17 so that tells ya it weighs more than a 26 mine is 9mm also.

the gun shoots well and other than rusting ive had no complaint's

If you get a sub compact and use fullsize mags in it get the spacers other wise you can break the ejector by inserting mags in to far..

Also do a search and youll come up where ive talked about it before

#319 ·
srfl said:
I got the slide plated at Accurate Plating & Weaponry in Safety Harbor, FL...Cogan & crew also installed night sights for me.

I hear ya about the Steyr importer problems and the hope they get their act togethere....hopefully that will be resolved and the sanctions imposed on them by our gov't won't affect their "setting up" shop here.

When you get the Springfield...do a range report if you get the chance...I don't know enough about the XD line and they look like nice guns.

Take care and see ya around!
Looks like they did a great job on your M40. Very, very nice.

Man, these latest sanctions caused my brand confidence to take a dive. I really believe Steyr could've had serious influence in the pistol market, despite the tough competition from Glock. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll bounce back and get serious about the U.S. civilian market.

Anyway, don't want to hijack the thread. Will do on the XD range test. Unless my wandering eyes find something better, I'll pick one up before summer. See you around!

#321 ·
1911 99% of the time

I typically carry an Ed Brown Executive Carry in a Brommeland Max-Con V. Very comfortable and the best leather holster by far!! For back up or deep concealment I have a S&W J frame air light that I wear in my SS front pocket.

Irighti