What do you carry? - Page 161

What do you carry?

This is a discussion on What do you carry? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by maddyfish Hah I just upgraded from a Beretta 21a to the 380. That is as far as I'll go. Aren't you the ...

Page 161 of 333 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211261 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 4987
Like Tree835Likes

Thread: What do you carry?

Quote Originally Posted by maddyfish View Post
    Hah I just upgraded from a Beretta 21a to the 380. That is as far as I'll go.
    Aren't you the guy lecturing everybody about a poor mindset in the rifle vs. pistol thread?
    And you carry a .22 or a .380 as your primary pistol.

Hey Kids! Here I am... I am NEW to this site! yup...

Just wanted to tap in here and share my carry with ya all.

Currently carrying the Glock 21 with a GunCrafter's .50GI conversion!!
    Talk about a .45 taking someone down quickly... If you're a half way decent shot, this gun WILL put your man down!!

A lot of people always ask how I can shoot it as some have had experience with the Desert Eagle 50EA and I have to say that the 50GI has way less recoil.

I love it!

Buy a Glock 20 0r 21 and order the conversion kit for $600 and you will be set.
    Ammo is a bit more than .45, but what is your life worth??

Quote Originally Posted by mrshonts View Post
    to give a quick background...I have been wanting to get my carry permit but am a bit clueless on what gun to carry. My girlfriend has been helping me out but I wanted to see what others might say. I have tried a few of her and her brotherís guns and was looking at the K-40 as a top choice right now. What would you all recommend?
    I recommend this one!

Guncrafter Industries : Specials

It's actually the one I carry. Has not much more of a kick than a 45cal load.

carry gun?

i have 2 that i carry

colt goverment 38 super

colt defender 45 acp

it jsut depends on my attire on what gun i carry, i prefer to carry the defender due to weight but i am more accurate with the goverment so i carry both as a iwb i am big a guy so i can conceal either one very easy.

6' 3" 375 lbs

It varies based on climate, so on, but it's either:
    1. Walther PPK/S .380 or
    2. Glock 19C 9mm
    SEMPER FI
    Life member: DAV
    Life member: USMC
    Life member: MOPH
    Member: NRA
    Life member: VVA

My primary carry is an IWB Kimber Ultra CDP II. When I go fishing or am engaged in other outdoor activities where I am wearing more clothes I usually carry my Glock 23 OWB.

I am thinking about either glock 19 or MandP 9mm, but afraid to carry a full size, any advice from anyone? I have shot the 19 twice and liked it ok, it just hasn't really taken hold of me the way I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOhioan View Post
    I am thinking about either glock 19 or MandP 9mm, but afraid to carry a full size, any advice from anyone? I have shot the 19 twice and liked it ok, it just hasn't really taken hold of me the way I expected.
    If you are wanting a 9mm pistol for carry, I recommend the Glock 26. It is the baby Glock and is more versatile than the G19. You can carry it or use it as home defense.

If your hands are larger, you can get a pierce mag/grip extension.

You can also add either the G19 or G17 mags to the G26 along with mag extensions, which will give you a longer grip and more ammo.

Yes, the smaller guns do have more recoil, though if you want less...
    With the G26, you can always buy a barrel extension kit for the G26.

I suggest this because when you do want to carry, you can remove the extended barrel and extended mag and you now have the perfect carry gun.

Bottom line: you can always ADD to the 26, but you can not subtract from a larger gun.

OR... you can buy one of each... 19 and a 26.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Fastener View Post
    My primary carry is an IWB Kimber Ultra CDP II. When I go fishing or am engaged in other outdoor activities where I am wearing more clothes I usually carry my Glock 23 OWB.
    Do you find your Kimber to be extremely reliable? I have shot many Kimber and ALL of them had jammed on me at various times. That's why I decided on a Glock for all purposes.

I do love the way Kimber's look though!

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Aren't you the guy lecturing everybody about a poor mindset in the rifle vs. pistol thread?
    And you carry a .22 or a .380 as your primary pistol.
    :
    No lecture, what you fail to understand is that I just stated that the cop in question did not have the temperment for law enforcment. In that same situation my 22, 38, 9mm, or the 40 that the cop was probably carrying would have been plenty sufficient to do the job, had that cop had the will and temperment to use it.

S&W M&Pcompact 9mm

Living in Mass. it's tough finding pre-ban compact Glocks, So I went with S&W M&Pcompact 9mm. Have never had any other problems with my other S&W handguns, so thought I give this one a try.Price wasn't to bad $509.00, two 10 rd mags, one w/finger extn.,one short & flat . Had it 4months now 4000 rds. down range . Shot 4 diff. ammos from cheap crap to $$ PPAmmo. Never miss fired,no jams, no feeding problems , also it's light, easy to conceal. Best of all ...
    Easy to keep on target being a 9mm , now I'm trying a new IWB holster.. it's okay .
    Attached Images

Just picked up a Kahr PM9 and love it!

In warmer weather or lighter clothes, a Smith & Wesson 442, bi-tone finish. In cooler weather and heavier clothing, this XD(m) 9mm.
    Attached Images

I have not yet figured it out. Tote an H & K 45 C in the car on the floorboard and transfer to my briefcase when I go in the office. Would love a smaller 9 MM but having shot a 45 ca for so long, the 9 MM rounds look so small. My eyesite is not what it used to be so telling me just to be accurate it not really important. Maybe a smallish Glock? Had an all steel Detonics 45 and it was like carrying a 10 pound wight in my pocket.

Question Holster

Quote Originally Posted by FIREMAN848 View Post
    Living in Mass. it's tough finding pre-ban compact Glocks, So I went with S&W M&Pcompact 9mm. Have never had any other problems with my other S&W handguns, so thought I give this one a try.Price wasn't to bad $509.00, two 10 rd mags, one w/finger extn.,one short & flat . Had it 4months now 4000 rds. down range . Shot 4 diff. ammos from cheap crap to $$ PPAmmo. Never miss fired,no jams, no feeding problems , also it's light, easy to conceal. Best of all ...
    Easy to keep on target being a 9mm , now I'm trying a new IWB holster.. it's okay .
    That's a good looking holster. How do you like it & who made it?
    Thanks,
    Jack
    SEMPER FI
    Life member: DAV
    Life member: USMC
    Life member: MOPH
    Member: NRA
    Life member: VVA

Sponsored Links