What do you carry?

This is a discussion on What do you carry? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Depends on the clothing & where I'm at, but my most usual companion is my Kimber Compact .45 in a FIST OWB holster. For T-shirt ...

Page 17 of 320 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast
Like Tree542Likes

Thread: What do you carry?

Depends on the clothing & where I'm at, but my most usual companion is my Kimber Compact .45 in a FIST OWB holster. For T-shirt & shorts weather my Colt Gov .380 is my usual choice in a FIST IWB.
    Other weapons I sometimes carry are my BHP 9mm and Ruger SP101 in .357
    Other co-host of the DogWatch Social Club Podcast

2. Remove Ads

I bounce back and forth between 3 guns.

Most days its my Kahr MK9 Elite98 (in a wonderful HBE DC Special)
    Often I carry my Steyr S40
    and when I go to the gym I usually pack my wife's KelTec P3AT.

My carry gun is a Smith & Wesson 5906 [9mm, 15+1 mag]. I am a firm believer that 9mm and 38 special are still the best defensive calibers. It's all about shot placement and trigger pull - think about it.

I two set-ups for carrying. My main carry is a forbus side holster. I'm a large framed guy and it provides realiable hold and flawless access without a sacrifice of concealment. For deep concealment I use a pancake holster between my belt and pants [for a tigher hold] in the small of my back. This has a strap and thumb break, which I do sometimes like to use. This set-up has the advantge of distributing the weight evenly horizontally across my body so I'll use this rig if I'm carrying for an extened period of time.

A Colt Delta Gold Cup 10mm in a Tucker "The Answer" IWB holster, or a Bersa .380 in a Desantis IWB.

Soon to add a J-frame S&W...I fly a lot and how the airline counter folks handle declared firearms scares the crap out of me, so I'm going to quit carrying guns when I fly and have some on either end.

I'll get in on this, too..

Everyone else has posted here, so I will join the party. I carry a Kel-Tec P3AT 24/7 in my pocket. Here are some pics:
    http://www.mouseguns.com/ideal2.htm

Sig P220

I carry a Sig P220 and have for the last 6 yrs. I bought a Sigarms M2 in 40S&W last year and carry it occasionally, but I have pretty much carried a 45 from day one.

ok, well I went to the dark side.
    99.9% of the time I carry one of those evil black guns, you know a Glock 26 in a FIST K1 IWB. The rest other times I carry a 92F also in a Fist K1. I also carry at lest 1 backup mag, loaded with Gold Dots and Hydroshocks.

OD*
    This has been an interesting thread indeed.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Work: GP-100 4" stainless w/h .38 lead bullets, dont know name of dutybelt or holster, 2 speed loaders, Surefire 6p w/h 120 lumen bulb, 16"ASP, Leatherman "wave".

normal carry: Glock 19 w/h Federal Hydrashock 124gr +p and KNJ IBW holster, Surefire 6p w/h 120 lumen bulb, kuboton, waved Delica.

Winter: Springfield G.I. (when I get it working properly ), Rossi .38 snubby w/h Federal Hydrashock 129gr +P as a backup, w/h pocket holster, Surefire 6P w/h 120 lumen bulb, waved Delica, Boston leather Denver or or Midget. waved Delica.

stealth or backup: Rossi .38 snubby w/h Federal Hydrashock 129gr +P, one strip clip, Uncle Mike IBW holster w/h retention strap, "Top Popper" (a single knuckle impact wepon), Emerson LeGriffe.

Spitfire chemical agent, on my keys

Usually my SP101 in a Desantis thumb break holster.....in summer my carry load is 38+p+ 110gr. or 135 gr. gold dots.In winter 125 gr. gold dot 357 mag.
    My other carry is a Rossi 461 with the same ammo .
    Hope to get a Glock 26 soon.....
    "Just because I'm paranoid,doesn't mean they're NOT after me...."

Mostly 1911A1 Colt/Remington Rand Air Force target mod. Sometimes Kimber Classic, Kimber Compact, or Colt Defender.

Depends on the situation.

What I carry depends on the situation, dress code, and weather.

Most days, a Kel-Tec P11 w/ 12-rd LEO mag, doubletap 124g 9mm in a small leather fanny pack holster. Also in the fanny pack is wallet, keys, flashlight, and a leatherman tool. Convenient for work b/c I can just take the whole thing off and lock it in my desk during the day.

Light or discreet my Kel-Tec P3AT in a pocket holster with Golden Sabers. Sometimes with an extra mag (it fits in the "wing" of an Uncle Mike's pocket holster with some modifications).

For slighty more firepower and still discreet, I use a KD Holsters IWB Defender with the P11. Very thin and tuckable.

Usually in casual wear (weekends, out shopping, etc) I have my H&K P2000SK V3 in .40S&W with doubletap 165gr. It's in a generic IWB holster now, and sometimes an OWB paddle when I'm wearing a coat or in the woods, but I have a Milt Sparks Watch-6 on order.

H&K USP Compact 45

s&w 1006
    s&w 4566

Looking for some information. What do you think of the S&W 351 PD ?
    .22 Mag, 1 7/8 inch. I am looking for a small gun for my wife. Most of the larger guns have too much kick for her. It will be for personal protection. I would rather Her have a small gun she will get used to at the range than a larger one she is afraid to handle. .22 mag may be small but it beats being carjacked. opinions wanted. Thanks.
    P.S. will have C.T. Laser grips.

Links