What do you carry?

This is a discussion on What do you carry? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Gary04Z06 Currently carrying a Kimer Ultra carry II. Looking for a better IWB holster then the one I am using now. Have ...

Page 201 of 313 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251301 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 4684
Like Tree329Likes

Thread: What do you carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary04Z06 View Post
    Currently carrying a Kimer Ultra carry II.

Looking for a better IWB holster then the one I am using now.
    Have you guys had any problems with your Ultra series guns? feeding, extracting, etc?
    My Ultra Covert II has been problematic. Will only run on 6 round mags like mec-gars.
    Won't run reliably on wilson combats or the factory kimber mags...

2. Remove Ads

16 + 1 w/one extra mag of Bad Karma, ready to make a BG more socially rehabilitated.
    "Trouble Never Makes An Appointment"

Quote Originally Posted by TRUST8383 View Post
    Have you guys had any problems with your Ultra series guns? feeding, extracting, etc?
    My Ultra Covert II has been problematic. Will only run on 6 round mags like mec-gars.
    Won't run reliably on wilson combats or the factory kimber mags...
    Nope, no problems. Use a variety of ammo too, Blazer to PMC, hollow pts, round nose.... What are you shooting out of it?? Do you have it oiled well?
    I have the Kimer mag, no problems, a Wilson, works fine, and a cheap Colt knock off, spring popped out of the mag once, but no problems other then that one time.

Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    Just wondering what gun(s) every one else carries.

I carry a SIG P239 in 9mm most of the time, but now that the weather is cooler and jackets are in order, the SIG P229 in .40 get the call.

I still dream of the day that i get a commander size 1911 GSR from SIG in .40
    I know very less about the guns. My father has got a gun i dont know even how to carry it. But good to be protected.

When I decided to start carrying my Kimber Ultra Carry II I first started shooting 230 gr hard ball ammo until I ran 300 rounds through it, then I went with Winchester White Box hollo points and finally I sent to the Gold Dot HP carry ammo and tried 50 rounds of that without any problems. I've found that most tight 1911 type hand guns need to be broken in before you trust your life to it. Now my Sig Pro never missed a beat from the first shot. I knew I'd have to brake the Kimber in when I decided to carry it.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Have you tried Kimber's TacPro mags? I use them almost exclusively in my Ultra Carry's. What type of ammo are you using. I have had issues with Remington in .45ACP. Interestingly, my ultra Aegis will fire it reliably.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymph View Post
    I know very less about the guns. My father has got a gun i dont know even how to carry it. But good to be protected.
    Las Vegas Senior Apartments

Glock 30SF most of the time. When it is hot outside I go to the 26. 19 when I feel I might need the extra capacity. Always an extra mag.
    Glock 36, 30SF, 31, 32, 21 Gen4 - Carry guns
    Ruger Mini-14 and Remington 870 by the bed both wearing Surefire lights.
    Always carry a knife-they are handy to have
    Always carry a reload-You probably won't need it but it is good insurance .
    Always carry a light- To see in the dark

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by donmontalvo View Post
    Kel-Tek PF-9 is the best deep concealment 9mm around. I just ordered a Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe. Currently using a DeSantos pocket holster.

Don
    I ended up ordering the Crossbreed Minituck (horsehide). Here are a couple shots. I carry Hornady Critical Defence ammo (7+1; with 1 extra magazine in my pocket and 1 extra magazine in my car).

Don
    Attached Images
    --
    Don Montalvo
    Coppell, Texas
    http://linkedin.com/in/donmontalvo

I have a Ultra Raptor II, no issues whatsoever. Tight gun.

Different tools for different applications

I think I have three great carry guns. A Kimber Ultra Raptor II .45, a Beretta 84FS Cheetah .380, and a Beretta Tomcat 3032 Inox .32. I prefer the Kimber, the Beretta is high capacity 13+1 and runs flawless, and the Tomcat is great in the summer to slip into a pocket. I plan to transfer the Tomcat to my daughter in a few years. For range guns and outdoors, I have a S&W 686 .357 and a Browning Buckmark .22 I bought while in college, great tools as well.

What I carry most everyday. I don't carry the flashlight and knife all that often these days, though.

That's an XD-45c in a Comp-Tac MTAC that I just got last week. I am very impressed with the speed of shipping and the quality of the holster thus far. Ordered it on Sunday I believe, and had it in my hands on Friday. That is very fast, especially compared to many of the other semi-custom kydex/leather holster makers who often take anywhere from 3 - 5+ weeks. The quality is also very nice. I will have to loosen up the retention a bit, though. As it is it is a bit too much.

The keyhanger is a Beltman keyhanger. A very nice quality, beefy piece of leather and metal.

I keep my PK380 handy. Its slim enough to be comfortable,and big enough to fill your hand......I dont do the whole hangin pinky thing.
    "I will give you her life.....For your life"

Glock 19 in a Galco N3 IWB, with Fed. +9+ BPLE and a spare mag. I never thought i would buy a Glock or carry one but they just work. I also have some others to carry but my 19 gets most of the duty. My HK's will get some carry time when i find a nice holster.

Sig P-232 tucked inside a Galco Hidden Agenda along with two extra mags.

Links