What do you carry?

This is a discussion on What do you carry? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by GW I carry a Beretta 84fs .380 IWB and keep a Beretta 92G Elite 1A in my truck. I use Corbon ammo. ...

Page 21 of 320 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast
Like Tree530Likes

Thread: What do you carry?

Quote Originally Posted by GW
    I carry a Beretta 84fs .380 IWB and keep a Beretta 92G Elite 1A
    in my truck. I use Corbon ammo.
    I have a Browning BDA .380 that is made by Beretta and is alot like your 84. My absolute favorite gun - do you feel the same or do you like your 92 better?

2. Remove Ads

GW

Talking

I would never sell my 84fs, its easy to carry and a real accurate at
    10 to 15 yards. I mainly use my E1A for IPSC competition. I have sent it off to have some Dawson Precision sites installed on it. The BDA
    is top notch gun. The 84 and BDA have alot of quality in them.

I carry a Springfield XD 9mm Service with 15 rounds of 147 grain Winchester SXT. I'm currently using a cheap Uncle Mike's IWB soft sleeve holster. Hope to be ordering a C.T.A.C and a XD subcompact soon.

When not working, I typically carry one of my "Top 5" favorites, including a Glock 23, Kimber TLE, Springfield XD-40 (3"), Kimber Ultra Carry II, or my Sig P229. I carry my North American Arms Guardian .380 when I go to work.
    Last edited by Ready2Fire; January 25th, 2006 at 09:53 PM.
    Guns don't kill people - bad people (and stupid people) with guns kill people!

Some personal favorites:

Kimber Ultra Carry II, Glock 23, Colt AR-15

Kel-Tec P-11 inside strongside waistband with belt clip.

Springfield Armory 1911 A1
    CCW is not only a right its a responsability.

Joe

Glock 32 & Benchmade 722
    Attached Images
    Patrick

I carry a Steyr M40. It's a terrific pistol, albeit somewhat rare among concealed carriers. I plan on picking up a Springfield XD-40SC in the near future to cut down on weight and bulk, particularly in the summer.
    SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

Proud member NRA, GOA, VCDL

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aught Six
    I carry a Steyr M40. It's a terrific pistol, albeit somewhat rare among concealed carriers. I plan on picking up a Springfield XD-40SC in the near future to cut down on weight and bulk, particularly in the summer.
    From on Steyr lover to another..welcome to the site Aught Six! I'm a several-times over Steyr M and S series owner (including a couple of M40's) like this one, below.

I carry an S40 myself when I want to carry something bigger than my Kahr 9mm's. I have been toting my M357 here and there too. If you can find one, pick up an S40....essentially a compact M40....but I noticed you are on Steyrclub.com, so you know that already.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Quote Originally Posted by srfl
    From on Steyr lover to another..welcome to the site Aught Six! I'm a several-times over Steyr M and S series owner (including a couple of M40's) like this one, below.

I carry an S40 myself when I want to carry something bigger than my Kahr 9mm's. I have been toting my M357 here and there too. If you can find one, pick up an S40....essentially a compact M40....but I noticed you are on Steyrclub.com, so you know that already.
    Thanks, srfl! Glad to hear from a friendly instead of those crazy Glock zealots. That's a sharp looking M you have there. Was that a custom job?

I've been thinking about getting an S-40, but I keep leaning towards the Springfield. There's no doubt in my mind that Steyr M and S are higher quality pistols out of the box. The problem is that service for the Steyrs has been a problem since the start, with all the changes between importers. Also, the pistols themselves, along with accessories, have been much harder to locate consistently. I just wish Steyr would've done a better job with production and marketing.

Yeah, that's me on Steyr Club. I used to be a one forum kind of guy, but I'm taking a look at the better firearm/CCW forums around the 'Net. I'm still making my way through old posts, trying to catch up. I'll see you around!
    SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

Proud member NRA, GOA, VCDL

I am the proud new owner of a XD subcompact in the 40 S&W. That would have been my next gun. LOL
    CCW is not only a right its a responsability.

Joe

Currently: Either one of two Browning HPs,

S&W 1911 PD full
    S&W 1911 PD Commander
    Last edited by IndianaDean; February 6th, 2006 at 04:50 AM.

Well since i have switched up lately as off this morning

10mm Glock 20
    but 9mm might be carried soem times to in glock 17

Im sure ill switch in 6 months or so again :)

Springfield XD9 Service in a Desantis Pro-Stealth IWB.
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aught Six
    (SNIP) Was that a custom job?

I've been thinking about getting an S-40, but I keep leaning towards the Springfield. There's no doubt in my mind that Steyr M and S are higher quality pistols out of the box. The problem is that service for the Steyrs has been a problem since the start, with all the changes between importers. Also, the pistols themselves, along with accessories, have been much harder to locate consistently. I just wish Steyr would've done a better job with production and marketing.
    (SNIP)
    I got the slide plated at Accurate Plating & Weaponry in Safety Harbor, FL...Cogan & crew also installed night sights for me.

I hear ya about the Steyr importer problems and the hope they get their act togethere....hopefully that will be resolved and the sanctions imposed on them by our gov't won't affect their "setting up" shop here.

When you get the Springfield...do a range report if you get the chance...I don't know enough about the XD line and they look like nice guns.

Take care and see ya around!
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Links