Defensive Carry banner

What do you carry?

2M views 7K replies 4K participants last post by  KevinRohrer 
#1 ·
Just wondering what gun(s) every one else carries.

I carry a SIG P239 in 9mm most of the time, but now that the weather is cooler and jackets are in order, the SIG P229 in .40 get the call.

I still dream of the day that i get a commander size 1911 GSR from SIG in .40

#5,965 ·
90% of the time i carry a glock 19 iwb. When I wear jeans I always keep a ruger LCR .357 either on my ankle holster or clipped inside of my cowboy boots depending if I'm wearing the boots or just shoes but that is my backup gun. If I'm just running to the store or something fast I usually just grab the ruger LCR. When I go jogging I carry my s&w bodyguard since it's light and thin. When I'm hiking though I always carry my glock 20. Regardless of what I carry I always have extra magazines and speed strips depending on what I am packing of course. Semper gumby right? Also I prefer the glock for carry because I'm good with it and they are cheap as well as readily available. Kind of like a bic lighter if God forbid I ever get my firearm confiscated after having to defend myself then I can usually go buy another that same day without having to be as upset as I would with something more expensive like a Wilson combat. I know they say don't go cheap on your ccw because it's the value of your life, but to me the glock is more than enough and I don't feel any safer carrying something else. I feel equally safe with my glock as I do with a Wilson

#5,968 ·
I have two pistols and a revolver, but I only carry one at a time.

My favorite is the CZ 75 S P-01 Tactical .40SW. It's a full size steel frame pistol. So, it's bigger and heavier than what most people carry, probably. And for a while, because of its large size, I had a tendency to carry my compact 9mm instead.

However, I started reading up on how exactly people tend to carry large pistols. It was a 1911 forum, I'd read, actually. And there, I found that everyone carried their 1911s inside the waistband at about 3 or 4 o'clock (for righties). So, I started carrying my .40 in the same position, and that solved the problem. I now carry my .40 regularly.

This particular .40 is a joy to shoot. It's actually a softer shooter than my compact 9mm. You can literally one-hand it. And it's really difficult to miss your target. That's the plus size to having a big, heavy pistol. Moreover, its 13 round capacity is greater than that of my compact 9mm. That gives me a lot of confidence in it as a defensive carry platform.

#5,983 ·
You'll be a lot quicker getting that GLock into action if you carry it assembled - just sayin'. ;-)

Kidding, of course.

Reactions: OD*
#5,991 ·
yes,. this is in Israel,.
you can only own one gun and the license is per firearm.
to get a license in most cases only when you live in the territories or is you LEO or Army.

if you one of the above you can buy any gun you like (pistoles & semi auto) used or new,.

here you have to Renew the license every 3 years and do a exam. with the gun and also by a doctor who checks that you are physically still in order.
that it in a nutshell ;-)

#5,996 · (Edited)
My answer has changed since the last time I answered this question.

Depending on my clothing and my anticipated activity, I will vary my carry anywhere between a S&W Shield 9mm with one spare magazine, and a Glock 20 with two spare magazines.

Most days, I will end up carrying either an H&K P2000 or a Glock 19. Here's a pic of the 19 in a Keyhole hybrid holster. I have it fitted with a pair of "struts" and soft loops from Raven Concealment because I happen to think that's the very best attachment system for IWB holsters that I've ever found.

Both the P2000 and the G19 are wearing Trijicon HD sights and a Surefire XC1 light. I've also added a Talon "grip decal" to each of them because I find that the Gen III Glock grips aren't quite aggressive enough for me. I've also had good luck with the Talon grips on my H&K 45c and my Shield. My Gen IV Glocks and other H&K products are just fine the way they come from the factory (although I will admit that I really like the "tree bark" stippling on my G26 - but I didn't pay extra for that, it was on the pistol when I bought it used for a steal of a deal)