Defensive Carry banner

What do you carry?

2M views 7K replies 4K participants last post by  KevinRohrer 
#1 ·
Just wondering what gun(s) every one else carries.

I carry a SIG P239 in 9mm most of the time, but now that the weather is cooler and jackets are in order, the SIG P229 in .40 get the call.

I still dream of the day that i get a commander size 1911 GSR from SIG in .40

#6,242 ·
I have 3 carry guns that I put to use. A Sig 938 in 9 mm, A S & W J frame airweight 642 in 38 special, and then often just a little Kel-Tech 380 auto that fits right in the pocket. BUT, I have seriously been looking at the new Kimber KS6. The gun seems to speak to me. There may be one in my future. Just sayin. Grade6man

#6,245 · (Edited by Moderator)
I just pick this S&W M&P 2.0 Compact .40 S&W up last week so I clean it and put about 150 rounds through it and now is my edc the target is at 15 ft.
Sport venue Shooting sport Shooting Recreation Circle
Gun Firearm Trigger Starting pistol Airsoft gun
Gun Firearm Trigger Airsoft Airsoft gun

#6,250 ·
Right now I carry this, a S&W 638 bodyguard revolver. I strongly prefer the revolver over the semi-auto as a cc gun. That's just me.
Problem is, the 638 has a trigger pull that would kill a horse. I'm getting older and I don't want to wreck my trigger finger. I'm just being cautions.
My other current option is a Colt Mustang Pocketlite. I bought that gun after getting my cc permit.
Guess I could continue to carry the 638, just don't practice with it a whole lot. IDK. Any thoughts? Don't suggest a spring kit for the Smith. I've tried that and it doesn't work.

Attachments

#6,252 ·
Have you tried the Ruger LCR? I actually prefer the size and feel of the S&W but, the Ruger sure has a nice trigger. I was thinking same as you. Can I run this gun when I get older? I tried a bunch of single stack nines and now carry a Glock 43. The disappointing thing to me was how much faster and more accurate I was with the Glock over my stainless steel snubby I carried for 16 years. Disappointed because I really wanted the revolver to win that one because I like them and I like re holstering with a hammer on the gun. I have adapted (mostly) and still carry a revolver in the woods but, I could not ignore the results of my testing. Some days I still miss my EDC wheelgun.

#6,257 ·
My profession requires a fairly formal dress code, and one that doesn’t allow a lot of room for error. Below is what I carry daily without fail because it allows complete concealment. Not that I’m complaining, I love this gun...it’s a joy to shoot and I’ve gotten quite good with it. Sometimes wears mother of pearl grips, I alternate between the two after every detail cleaning.

The holster is great...looks like a small book in my pocket and never draws a second look.

Sig Sauer P238 With S&W SWAT automatic knife

When the situation allows for it (weekends, formal events, hikes) one of these two are my preferred carry.

Smith and Wesson “Hybrid”

Smith and Wesson 13-3 3”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6,258 ·
Can not go wrong with a CZ. Have 75 decock & Rami 100% satisfied and 2+s years 1,000's+ rounds and no failure to fire any ammo.Go to CZ Forum you can change hammer spring and firing pin spring and greatly reduce trigger pull.Cajun Gun Works make drop in kits and very good people.I carry the Rami and really like the safety of decock.Draw and shoot no safety to remember and trigger pull safe to carry in decock position.Many overlook these fine weapons.You may know with military background but these are the most widely used handguns in Europe by police and some military.

#6,265 ·
Anything more than 7 rounds in a mag in NYC is a felony. The cops REALLY don't like you carrying a 45. No idea why? But It's not against the law... YET!!!

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but one time I got pulled over for Not stopping for 3 seconds at a stop sign (I'm not kidding) and there is duty to inform here. I told the officer I was carrying, He asked me to get out of the car, he took my gun and asked "Why do you need such a big gun? Are you planning on doing something?" I ignored him. He then asked me if he could search me, I said no. He asked if I had any other weapons, I said no, but I have my extra mag IWB. I got yelled at! What do you think? you're in Vietnam? Why do you need so many rounds? I asked if it was against the law, he said no, so I said.. Talk to the chief and get the law changed so we can carry a regular sized magazine and I won't need to carry an additional Mag.

All in all I was there over 45 minutes arguing with the cop, he removed the mag and gave me the gun back while holding the mag "I'll give it back when we're done". I said officer... WHATT?!!! (Angrily), just to let you know.. you're a ******* idiot.. (Yes that's exactly how I said it), funny thing is he replied with such a calm voice.. Why? Because you just handed me a loaded gun... This idiot didn't realize that I carry with one in the chamber... He sighed and handed me the mags back and left. I was dying laughing.

Long story short.. NYC is the biggest anti gun city I have EVER visited. Funny thing is? He forgot about the stop sign! hahaha