What do you carry? - Page 232

What do you carry?

This is a discussion on What do you carry? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by TSiWRX Don't focus on just how your shots do, down-range. Also see if the pinky extension helps with your draw. It definitely ...

Page 232 of 331 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242282 ... LastLast
Results 3,466 to 3,480 of 4960
Like Tree757Likes

Thread: What do you carry?

Quote Originally Posted by TSiWRX View Post
    Don't focus on just how your shots do, down-range. Also see if the pinky extension helps with your draw.
    It definitely does.. I can tell you that off the bat. Practicing safely I can draw exactly as I would want to should the situation call for it again using the pinky extension. Here is the deal though, while both magazines my draw is equally the same as I use my middle and ring finger for the grab/pull primarily, it's the target acquisition quickness (with my head thinking something is out of balance) that the difference becomes apparent. I need to feel more comfortable without the extension as I've never had that issue, ever, with any pistol I've owned. So that whole feeling is completely new to me. I can pull it about the exact same speed but I find myself "feeling goofy" for a moment or two with the non-pinky extension magazine, versus never with it.. It's just a momentary feeling of something isn't right here and second guessing my draw/grip, when most of the time it's just fine, but in my head it's saying its not or something might not be- which is not very optimal to have going through my head in the time of need or extreme stress. The few times I've had to draw I was backing up pretty quickly, so I could see myself over-thinking that draw and dropping the damn thing if I don't get a lot more fluent with this smaller magazine.

I suppose I'll be wearing the pinky extension until I feel as comfortable without it as I do with. Finally spring / summer is here and I can head out to the property with plenty of space & giant dirt stops to practice the full motion of draw to double tapping.

Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    Just wondering what gun(s) every one else carries.

I carry a SIG P239 in 9mm most of the time, but now that the weather is cooler and jackets are in order, the SIG P229 in .40 get the call.

I still dream of the day that i get a commander size 1911 GSR from SIG in .40
    I bought an S&W 640-3 357mag, only because it's all stainless steel. I'll probably only shoot .38 +P's in it.

I carry a Beretta 1935 in 7.65 Browning in an ankle holster and an Uncle Mike's front pocket.
    I also carry a locked breach Llama in .380 in an ASP armpit rig
    Largest caliber I carry is a 2nd gen Glock 19 in an SOB

Fiocchi 7.65 fmj for the beretta
    Geco .380 fmj for the Llama
    Win Ranger 9mm+p+ jhp for the Glock

I carry a full size Beretta PX4 9mm in a Theis holster. Currently considering adding an LC9 also.

Berreta Nano BU-9 In Holster
    Attached Images

Glock 26 with extra mag IWB in a Galco Summer Comfort or an Old Faithful hybrid tuckable or a Remora. Sometimes a S&W 649 .38 Special snubby in a Remora. If I'm around water I will wear the Glock in a Galco Matrix so getting wet won't damage my rig.

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    I open carry a Ruger P95 with a 15 round magazine and an extra magazine. I conceal carry a SW 642.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 19, 9mm.
    Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro, 9mm. Gave To Daughter To Carry.
    Self Defense Stories
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    kimber 1911 small.jpgPX4 small.jpgglock 23 for edc but change it up with a px4, and sig p238, or on a rare occasion (to hot in texas) a kimber 1911Glock 23 small.jpg
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

My SIG SP2022 .40 is currently my primary CC sidearm but that may change since I bought a SIG P250SC in .40 this morning. When in revolver CC mode it's my SP101, .357 and I do have an OC holster for my GP100 .357 but I have only OC'd around the yard such as last week when I mowed my lawn for the first time this year (never know what might be lurking in my urban lawn :)
    Four Rugers, three SIG Sauers; my SP101 3-1/16" .357 is shown in my avatar. I like reliability.

TSD gen4 g17 in a Dale Fricke Seraphim.

dan

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    That looks extremely uncomfortable.

BigO,
    that's what I originally thought, too. Just works for me.

dan

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Pick one or two

Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    Mine has changed...sort of. I'm back to my trusty Glock 26 which I've had for nearly 12 yrs. BUG is usually my S&W 442 (Factory nickel plated pre-lock model) that I've carried as a BUG for the last 18 yrs or so. If I'm going somewhere local, like a short trip to the "stop & rob" etc, then it's my Kel-Tec P32. Depending on the needs of my work, I carry a Taurus PT709 SLIM (Yes, it's reliable & even shoots WWB ammo).

As to holsters, the Taurus is in a Desantis pocket holster (Which the Glock 26 can fit in, too) or a Hume JTSlide. The 26 has been riding in an OWB leather holster made for me by Doug (Of Shoemaker & Sons Leather) or in an UBG IWB holster (The one named after me )
    The 442 used to ride only in a Renegade ankle holster, but nowadays, it's in a K.L. Null City Slicker shoulder holster or a Hume JTSlide. The P32 only rides in a leather pocket holster. I have no idea the maker, just that it has a snap on/off leather flap.

BTW, on the JTSlide holsters that I have, I've cut out the leather in front of the rear loop, so that my belt goes through both. It tucks the butt of the gun in tighter & rides better, IMHO.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

I just got a Glock 26, so it will be my EDC. I had a Ruger LCR .357 but didn't like the recoil and I wasn't used to shooting a snubby. The Bersa Thunder .380 is fun, but with the 9 round magazine, a little large to pocket carry.

Phil
    Glock 26
    Bersa Thunder .380 DLX
    Mosin Nagant 91/30
    Winchester 37A 12 ga.
    Riverside Arms 16 ga.
    Mossberg 151K

Sponsored Links