Defensive Carry banner

What do you carry?

2M views 7K replies 4K participants last post by  KevinRohrer 
#1 ·
Just wondering what gun(s) every one else carries.

I carry a SIG P239 in 9mm most of the time, but now that the weather is cooler and jackets are in order, the SIG P229 in .40 get the call.

I still dream of the day that i get a commander size 1911 GSR from SIG in .40

#6,939 ·

If you prefer AIWB carry, I do, I own their light bearing model for a Modlight WML. Tenicore builds very nice gear.
Gun accessory Gun barrel Pattern Electric blue Wood

#6,948 ·
After careful consideration and recent events in my area with local off duty police getting killed, I have decided to carry either my Glock mod 22 40 caliber or my SIG P220 45 caliber. I am now opting from my 9mm and going heavy rounds.
I'm going from a g23 to 5906 myself. Never felt out gunned with my 9mm on duty, or my. 38 backup using the proper rounds. That said I've had two DGUs with only a .380 in my hand didn't feel "outgunned" at the time. Personally don't carry anything less than a 9mm with critical defense rounds (or similar)

#6,949 · (Edited)
I had to step out for a few errands today so I took my HK USPC9 with me. 13+1 w/13 rd mag in the sidecar and another 13 rd mag in my pocket in a Neo Mag. I love my options. 😎

#6,954 ·
My usual has been the M&P40 Compact, but recently, I've been carrying the P320 X-Carry in 9mm. 17+1=18 rounds of Ranger 124gr +P. Very nice frame in the hand, and excellent striker trigger pull!

Not likely that I'll ever need it... but nice to have just in case.

#6,964 ·
Your solution is to purchase:

1) 3.9" slide and conversion kit from SIG
2) A grip module from Wilson Combat.

While the WC grip module is not necessary, it turns a mediocre gun into an excellent gun.

With WC, you can get the shorter "Compact" module that holds 15 rounds in addition to the full sized one that holds 17 rounds. With the subcompact version (12 round mag), you can put the 3.9" slide on it.

I picked up a very nice almost new Sig P320 RXP with Romeo Pro 1 optic, the ex owner said he only fired 35 rounds and it shoots very nice... but now I want a P320 Compact (3.9" slide/barrel) like DHart has... such a sweet shooter this one is. Some days I do alternate back to my Ruger GP100 Match Champion .357 Mag.

View attachment 377950 View attachment 377954

#6,967 · (Edited)
Since my shoulder injury has been nagging me as of late for the past 2-3 months, I switched from carrying my .45s to my 9mms more frequently. I'm really enjoying them.