What do you carry? - Page 242

What do you carry?

This is a discussion on What do you carry? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I did just shoot that last week. i wasn't exactly sold, I was looking for a trigger that was shorter....

Page 242 of 333 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252292 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 4985
Like Tree833Likes

Thread: What do you carry?

I did just shoot that last week. i wasn't exactly sold, I was looking for a trigger that was shorter.

I carry a Walther P22 with a magazine of minimags and a magazine of velocitors because I'm 6'3" 230lbs and you can't tell I'm carrying it, even when I carry open. Say what you want about .22lr being ineffective, but I've seen what this gun can do at Va Tech, at a college in the Netherlands and to a wannabe St. Paul thug that attacked my aunt. Don't buy cheap ammo, don't get cheap results...

IMG_0252_2.JPG
    I carry a Wilson Combat X-Tac 5", .45 acp in a Wilson Summer Companion IWB.
    Sometimes switch to a Night Hawk Talon IV Officers size, .45 cap in a IWB.
    On rare occasions a Sig P938 9mm, also IWB.

I carry a Ruger P89 in a Desantis IWB @ six. I'm one of those big ol' Texans. I like a full size weapon.

Ruger SR40C with Crossbreed Supertuck and Federal Hydra-Shok

Quote Originally Posted by Yj2007 View Post
    Ruger SR40C with Crossbreed Supertuck and Federal Hydra-Shok
    I want one of those but she said no.

I have 3 carry guns in my rotation. Ruger LCR, Kahr PM9, & Kahr P380
    Being a women, it's nice to have choices because womens clothing can be very challenging to ccw.

Mrs.A
    a.k.a. - Mrs. A ;) - YouTube

I am new to this site and since Maryland has received another stay from the 4 Court of Appeals, I was trying to get a feel for what everyone is using.

Myself, I am 5'8" and about 190 lbs. I don't really want to go full size. I have a S&W Airweight .38 or a Bersa Thunder .380 I can carry (if I actually could carry!) Are there any recommendations besides what I already have?

BTW, Mrs A., loved your video!

Quote Originally Posted by CJM View Post
    I carry probably the most underrated, best bang for your buck guns out there. The SIG SP2022 in 9mm.

You are right the Sig Pro is so off the radar but they are class. I have a 2340 in .357 Sig and it's awesome.
    "Life is tough; it's tougher when you're stupid."

Glock 22 w/2 spare magazines on my person, 2 1/2 inch chamber Taurus Judge in my vehicle.

Just got my permit a couple of weeks ago and qualified with what I had that was best suited to conceal, so I may post something different in another year or two. ;-)

Bersa .380 Combat with FoxX IWB holster - love the grip and light weight, very easy to conceal. I also like that the slide releases when you bang a new magazine in. Good feature for a carry gun.
    Beretta 9000 S 9mm - while not a bad gun, this one is too fat to conceal easily for my body type and I hate the trigger pull. It's still new to me, but at the moment I think this will probably be the first piece I replace. Using a cheap nylon Blackhawk! IWB holster that is comfy, but tricky to draw.
    Browning Hi-Power .40 - my first handgun, love this thing. Haven't carried it yet as I haven't yet bought a holster, but looking at the Galco Quick Slide.

For the 380 and 9 I am carrying Hydra-Shok, and for the 40 I have Golden Sabre. For no reason other than that's what was available; I haven't really researched defensive ammo yet.

Senior Member Array AZ Desertrat's Avatar
    What with BG's wearing body armor nowdays, I have mixed it up a bit...more and more using my .44 Special M24, or my M58 .41 mag...when in the boondocks, it is pretty much the .44 mag SBH.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government--lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." --Patrick Henry

NRA Life Member

XD40 service model or XDM 3.8 compact 9mm.

I don't carry very often, but when I do it's either a PA-63 (9x18) or that pocket cannon, a PF9 (9x19). The 63's a nicer gun than the PF9 and cost me less. Not quite as small though.

I carry every day, a Glock 22 w/TLR-1 light on strong side hip with two extra magazines on the other side. In the pockets a streamlight ProTac 2L flashlight (for the times you want light without the associated firepower) and a Kershaw Blur.

Depending on where I'm going and who I'm with I might also carry my Maxpedition Vulture II pack with a 11x14 3A ballistic panel, OC foam w/marker dye, spare flashlight, first aid trauma kit and a spare G22 w/2 extra magazines.

Sponsored Links