What do you carry?

This is a discussion on What do you carry? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Glock 23 in Galco Concealable Holster with two spare magazines in matching mag holder loaded with Gold Dots....

Page 25 of 320 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast
Like Tree545Likes

Thread: What do you carry?

I carry nothing but the best

Glock 23 in Galco Concealable Holster with two spare magazines in matching mag holder loaded with Gold Dots.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by IM413
    Glock 23 in Galco Concealable Holster with two spare magazines in matching mag holder loaded with Gold Dots.
    I'm a big fan of the G23 in the Galco concealable - use it myself with Galco 1.5" belts - also have the same holster for my G27.

Gotta look into the mag holders next.
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them."
    George Mason

"Gun control is a job-safety program for criminals."
    John R. Lott

Glock 22 in a Bianchi Snaplock #84 on left side OWB. Two spare mags in a Fobus mag holder weak side. On other occasions, I carry a Weigand customized Smith & Wesson Model 640 in an Uncle Mike's IWB, right side over back pocket. (I'm ambidextrous, and this is where I carry it when I'm using it as a BUG.) I also carry a Taurus New Millenium PT145 in an Uncle Mike's underarmor holster when I'm on duty.

Situation dictates

My main gun is either a G36 or G19 depending upon the area I am traveling to and necessary extra mags..

Well, pardon me, but I'm new here. I tried reading many of the posts on this and I must tell you...I'm dizzy.

I just moved down to Texas from Kansas. I know it'll be a hot summer and I'll be wearing light clothing. I'm a PI and have had my SS Gov't Mod. .45 for many years and just love the .45. But I'm ready to down-size weight and carry size.

At a risk of bombardment - I'm asking for the top 3 .45's for slim carry and good hand fit, in a smaller package than my 1911.

I haven't bought a new pistola for many years....and my budget may not permit the Kimber class...but my safety while working does come first.

Thanks (now, let me have it!)
    PIDan

PS. While I love the .45, I am open to an other reliable caliber to go wiht a comfortable carry gun.

Last edited by mzmtg; March 4th, 2007 at 10:03 AM.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PIDan
    (SNIP)
    At a risk of bombardment - I'm asking for the top 3 .45's for slim carry and good hand fit, in a smaller package than my 1911.

(SNIP)
    PIDan
    PIDan....I think the Kahr P45 is a perfect .45 ACP CCW. It's light, flat and accurate. It carries six rounds in the magazine.

At SHOT Show I fondled Kahr's new TP45 which is a little bigger than the P45. It is a seven + one gun. I'm sure those magazines, when available, will fit in the P45. My opinion of the TP45 is that it's the nearest thing to the service duty-sized Kahr pistol.

Kahr founder Justin Moon was present and "neither confirmed or denied" the existence of a PM45. Funny thing is that he stated that such a gun would theoretically have a five round magazine......my read on that is expect a PM45 to be announced by the end of the year which will be smaller than the P45.

SIGARMS also displayed at SHOT a compact GSR Revolution 1911 which will have a 4" barrel and slide mated to a Colt Officer's ACP-sized frame....not sure when that will be out. Until that gun comes out, other great compact 1911's in that format includes Colt's CCO, Kimber's Compact CDP and some others which are nice and flat and lightweight.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Durning cold weather I carry either a Springfield XD9 Service or Glock 23.
    Warm Weather Glock 27

1st post...

Either a Kimber Tactical Custom in a Milt Sparks HR-LTD or a HK P7M8 in a Matt Del Fatti ISP-LP. Depends on my mood.

steve

Summer wear I have my Beretta Tom Cat .32 in pocket holster. and if I am wearing polo shirts, my Kimber 1911 4.25" in 9MM in a IWB. In winter I will sometimes carry my FN Five-seveN in paddle holster and 20rnd spare mag. Carry 2 knives, 1 - concealed OTF, 1 reg spyderco for main use.

1st posting

I currently carry a Kimber Pro CDP II compact-4.25". I am presently using a yaqui style slide. I am looking at new IWB options.

With Ohio's, restrictive carry options, most restaurants, or anyplace with a liquor license being off limits. I am looking for something that is easy to remove without having to undress.

Any ideas? I am looking for something versatile, for warm and cold weather.

Here is a pic-

Assistant Administrator
    Hi devo and welcome to CC ( I see you have been joined some while but hey - first post )

To be honest when you mention ''undress'' - I'd really not think it worth having to actually shed a holster many times - simpler surely to just ensure gun is safe and secure.

In so many cases the best carry rigs do not really lend themselves to fast removal - even paddles get caught up and need belt undoing.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Chris,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am new to CCW and I am just looking for a setup that does not require having to undo my belt to put it on or take it off. I am looking at something more along the lines of IWB. A rig that will work with a T shirt, or something along those lines. Most holsters are pricey, and unfortunately, most dealers in my area only carry one or two different makers, so their selection is limited. I am leary of ordering off the web, for the simple fact, if I am not happy, will they allow a return? There is nothing like trying to fight with your holster in your car seat, either trying to remove it, or trying to put it on. I would do it outside the car, but I do not want to bring attention to myself.

With warmer weather approaching, I was hoping that someone on this forum might be able to point me in the direction of a good comfortable, warm weather IWB setup that can be easily removed and easy to put back on.

Again I carry a compact 1911.

Thanks in advance for any input!
    D-

Assistant Administrator
    Well - loads of guys here do use IWB so - I'll let them chip in on that.

I'll come back tho to the need to take off. Is that for comfort reasons? Or reasons of ''discretion'' in case rig gets seen. I only bring it up again because I can see many situations where still have the rig in place might not matter.

Another point with IWB - general rule of thumb seems to be - buy your pants 2" or so plus on size. So - take off the rig and no gun - you will have to cinch up tighter and that may not be so good or comfortable

Anyways - see what the ''IWB brigade'' can bring to the thread. In fact - may even be better to start a thread just for this - as this one is long already. There are of course other threads on IWB's but - maybe try and get your specific questions addressed.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Links