What do you carry?

This is a discussion on What do you carry? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry a .45 year round - but I'm contemplating 10mm. Austin...

Page 257 of 324 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261267307 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,855 of 4851
Like Tree629Likes

Thread: What do you carry?

I carry a .45 year round - but I'm contemplating 10mm.

Austin

2. Remove Ads

Kimber Ultra Carry II every day.
    joepilot likes this.
    GOD BLESS TEXAS!

My current carry rotation for awhile now and so far as I can see for the near future too at least:

Kahr PM40 carried in a High Noon Split Decision IWB holster

Walther P99c QA in .40 also carried in a Split Decision

preferred SD loads Hornady CD or Remington Golden Saber

Charter Arms Off Duty .38spl, carried in a DeSantis IWB holster

Colt Agent .38spl, carried in a Bianchi IWB holster

preferred SD loads for each revolver, either Federal Nyclad 125-grain HP or Buffalo Bore's standard pressure 158gr LSWHP

H&K 45c.

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    I'd like to see pics of all four.
    Here ya' go! :)

Top left: DeSantis Nemesis. Good for front-pocket (or coat pocket) carry, although it tends to print a little.

Top right: N82 Tactical. Pretty comfortable, once you get the damn thing on your belt. The suede backing makes it exceptionally difficult to get into place, and the elastic retention system doesn't inspire confidence. It's also nearly impossible to re-holster without removing the entire thing. If I had it to do over, I'd pass on this one.

Bottom left (with Kahr in place): Uncle George's wallet holster. My favorite so far, and the one I think I'll carry most often. The draw is a little awkward, but the holster is very stealthy and comfortable.

Bottom right: Remora (with blue gun). Seems like it would be good for IWB or appendix carry, but it's basically Mexican carry in a holster, and isn't all that comfortable. I'm lukewarm on the Remora at this point. Maybe it'll grow on me.

Somewhat depends on what that 'little bird on my shoulder' tells me. But 'round 'bout the town:

S&W 629, FNP-45, Glock in 9, .357, or .40, Astra A-80, AMT Backup .45, Charter Arms .357, Kel-Tec PF-9, or about any combination of the 2. Just depends.

FWIW, I carry any and all of them year 'round. Don't see any reason to 'go light' in warmer weather. Just adapt my clothing and / or MOC to accommodate. JMO, but carrying a smaller / less powerful / less capacity weapon in the summer because it may better suit one's clothing seems, to me, to be rather foolhardy.

IMO, it's like saying "I'm less likely to get in to a gunfight in warm weather", or "I'm gonna get in to a gunfight in the summer, but it won't be as bad so I only need a smaller / less powerful / less capacity gun for that gunfight". ???? If I KNEW I was gonna get in to a gun fight with some scumbag I'd A) not be THERE and be somewhere ELSE or B) Bring a friggin' BAZOOKA!

Just my thoughts. Stay safe
    Las Vegan likes this.

Well I used to carry a big bulky heavy pain in the hip Hi-point .380 but I recently bought a S&W Bodyguard .380 & so far I like it. Its fits perfectly in my big hands, its lightweight & comfortable to carry. Not bad price either @ $350

Please no bad mouthing the Hi-points. They're cheap but they do shoot good & mine never jammed like I've heard others say. I have seen the 9m's jam a few time though.

The Sig P938 SAS came in today. I either carry the Kimber Solo CDP or P938 SAS now:

Smith 642 or Colt Mustang (stainless) dependent on mode of dress. In Florida in the spring, summer, fall months, mostly wear shorts and golf (or (Hawaiian) style shirts, with a pattern on them. Most of the time with the 642. Winter dress we simply wear long pants. If its light material dress pants, I can pocket carry the Mustang, or leg holster it. The 642 is usually carried IWB.
    I have a few extra pounds, and the weapons conceal nicely.

New 'round here and love pic threads so here's my contribution.
    S&W M&P "custom".
    Slide Serrations done by Customized Creationz in MI. Stippling and trigger guard undercut by me.
    Hoping to get some trigger work done this coming year.

Raven Concealment holster, Gold Dot 127gr +P JHP. (thinking about moving to Hornaday Critical Defense for winter)

Small Mouth fishing down the river and thought this would make a cool pic.

Updated my carry.
    Sold the Kahr PM40, great gun to me-none of the Kahr issues that some have had.(If your having Kahr issues check out the Kahr Talk forum). I wanted to try something new so I went with a Sig P290RS Two-Tone, great little 9mm. Currently carrying it in a tuckable N82 IWB, they don't make a Pro model holster for the P290 so i've ordered a Tucker Texas Heritage tuckable IWB, and a Holsterpro Model 21 OWB holster(similure concept to the Bruce Nelson "Professional").
    Sig P290RS IWB- TT Gunleather Slim XC holster, Pocket- Wild Bills Concealment pocket holster
    Glock 19 IWB- TT GunLeather Slim IWB "Mikes Special", OWB- 5.11 Thumb Drive
    Lifetime NRA Member

I live in Florida, so i needed something small, light and something that I can carry in shorts... I decided on Rugers LC9... Downside is it only holds 7+1, still a great gun to carry concealed.

Kahr CM9 with Dawson Precision fiber optic front in a remora.

Sponsor
    XD-s...I'm a big fan of the size and the punch. I keep it on the ankle.
    Firearms For Sale
    Focused on providing the widest selection of firearms and firearm accessories for sale online.

http://www.firearmsforsale.com

Connect with us
    Facebook | Twitter

Sponsor
    tdrussell - Do you have an extended clip or have you just gotten used to shooting this with the short grip. I had to get an extended one for my springfield...couldn't get used to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by tdrussell View Post
    Kahr CM9 with Dawson Precision fiber optic front in a remora.
    Firearms For Sale
    Focused on providing the widest selection of firearms and firearm accessories for sale online.

http://www.firearmsforsale.com

Connect with us
    Facebook | Twitter

Links