What do you carry? - Page 26

What do you carry?

This is a discussion on What do you carry? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I use a IWB primarily for my carry. I carry a Glock29 chambered in 10mm. As far as the "undress" issue. I try to make ...

Page 26 of 325 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast
Like Tree658Likes

Thread: What do you carry?

I use a IWB primarily for my carry. I carry a Glock29 chambered in 10mm. As far as the "undress" issue. I try to make it a habit to not frequent any establishment that does'nt allow CCW. If i must go into such a place, I just remove my pistol from my holster, leaving it place on my person, and wrap the pistol in a small rag and lock it in the glove box of my truck.I try not to do this to many times . It is a quick fix to let me conduct my business and leave. I just slide the pistol back in the holster when I am back in the truck. I am looking at getting a small safe to put in my ride to make it more secure when i must un-arm myself.Just my 2 cents worth .Just experiment a little and find out what works best for you.

Quote Originally Posted by devo6684
    Chris,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am new to CCW and I am just looking for a setup that does not require having to undo my belt to put it on or take it off. I am looking at something more along the lines of IWB. A rig that will work with a T shirt, or something along those lines. Most holsters are pricey, and unfortunately, most dealers in my area only carry one or two different makers, so their selection is limited. I am leary of ordering off the web, for the simple fact, if I am not happy, will they allow a return? There is nothing like trying to fight with your holster in your car seat, either trying to remove it, or trying to put it on. I would do it outside the car, but I do not want to bring attention to myself.

With warmer weather approaching, I was hoping that someone on this forum might be able to point me in the direction of a good comfortable, warm weather IWB setup that can be easily removed and easy to put back on.

Again I carry a compact 1911.

Thanks in advance for any input!
    D-

Devo, Feel free to start a new thread with your carry needs question in say the holster section. We have several masterful holster makers on the forum that will nodoubt fit your needs. They are second to none in the business.

By the way nice Kimber and tell me about the slide you are using? Yaqui slide on your Kimber sounds interesting, do you have a pick of that slide on your gun?

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

F350 I have a M19 now looking to buy a 380 KT.
    Do you live near Saint Charles?
    jxproko@webtv.net

I carry a Glock 19

I carry a Glock 19 now. I plan to trade it in for a Glock 36 .45 ACP. I also plan to buy a Springfield Champion.

Cubby Leader
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Life Member
    FFL Holder

mik
    Combat Commander - most of the time in a Milt Sparks Versa-Max II IWB holster. I've experimented with a Deep Concealment holster from Action Direct and it hidesand holds the Commander just fine. I sat across the table from people who'd have died if they'd known I was carrying and they never once looked at me funny. Getting to it might be a bit slower than from the VM-II though not by much. Just started carrying, but so far, both have been comfortable with no problems.

Right now my carry gun on or off duty is an STI .45 and my BUG is Armscor commander .45, I also carry 2 extra mags, ASP baton, G2 SUREFIRE, SOG multitool, Gerber gator knife and my cellphone.
    Up in the Sky, It's a Bird No, It's a Plane No, It's SUPERMAN

Ti, Sorry for the confusion, I was referring to a yaqui style holster. It is an OWB holster that allows 1-2 inches of the barrel to be visible. It is serving it's purpose for now until I find a more concealable and suitable holstering platform.

In response to PakNHeat, I too, try to frequent only CCW friendly establishments, however, with teenagers and school events and most restaurants having liquor licenses, it is difficult not to find yourself needing to remove your weapon in order to conform to state law. Someone mentioned in another forum that some states allow carry in restaurants where 50% or less of profits are based on alcohol. It would be nice if Ohio would look into this rationality.

I will jump on the holster portion of this forum to see what is available.

Thanks!
    D-

D,

Well that's cool, I thought I was missing out on something. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what slide you could be using and why?

Anyway, we have in (Missouri) the 50% law, but I look at it like this here, if food is served at the table I'm packin, if not, not going in.

The Holsters from the makers on this forum are outstanding, we are all spoiled as to the choices. Give them a look.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

I used to carry a Glock 23 until I bought a Kahr K40. Don't get me wrong the Glock is an outstanding combat weapon but for concealability which should be a main concern for CCWs the Kahr is excellent. Its accurate as hell out of the box. I put 550 rounds through it the first day I bought it, went home and cleaned it into a sanitary specimen. The next day went back to the range and put another 550 rounds through her without one single malfunction!!! So I can honestly trust my life with this weapon!!

Well, I'm SURE I've already posted to this thread some time ago, but now feel that I'm going to modify my preferences a bit and also...I bid all of the newbies: WELCOME!

Generally, I carry either a Sig P245 45acp or a full size H&K USP 45 when I'm in my daily regimen, around South Florida.

On trips, I have taken to carrying my Glock M27 40 due to the huge number of mags I own and including the M22 & M23 mags that also fit the M27. Now, with the acquisition of the Kel-Tec Sub-2000 folding carbine in the same caliber as the M27 and utilizing the same mags, I expect this trend to continue, since I've also acquired some of those aftermarket ultra high-cap 29rd mags!

The carbine is the wife's primary in backup to me or defense of the vehicle (and pups) in case I find it necessary to dismount for whatever reason. Call of Nature recon or whatever.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

VIP Member
    On certain occasions I carry a Taurus Millennium Pro PT-140. On rare occasions I carry my S&W model 439. For the majority of the time I carry a Bulgarian Makarov in .380 in a DeSantis E-Z Rider II. Being a geek has its advantages. No one looks twice at another bag, holder, holster, etc. attached to my belt. I especially like the Mak because it hits where I want it to.

For backup I now carry a Kel-Tec P-32 in a DeSantis Nemesis. I am awaiting a K&D pocket defender 2-in-1. I know Kevin is weeks behind and I just ordered it last week, so I don't expect to see it for some time. Prior to getting the Kel-Tec I carried a High Standard .22 mag. derringer that my father bought in 1974. It is the only firearm I own that has ever been used in a defensive situation. It was used by my father and because the armed robber expired on the spot I am firmly entrenched in the "shot placement" ranks. That does not mean that I don't want to use the biggest weapon I have, but it does mean that I realize that a shot in the leg with a .45 ACP is not nearly as effective as taking out the jugular with a .22 mag.

I also carry a Beretta. A Beretta large Airlight Skeleton.
    Attached Images
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

I have only been carrying for under a year, but have always owned firearms. I am currently carrying a Taurus instant backup 5 shot 9mm stubby. It is very reliable and easy to conceal with almost any type of clothing. I could not find a pocket holster that I liked so I just made one out of leather purchased at Tandy.

Doesn't anyone carry revolvers anymore?

As a matter of fact, I carry a S&W mod 60 J-frame in a comp-tac c-tac with velcro; When my money tree matures I hope to have a Kahr pm9. In colder weather I carry my Steyr m9 under the coat.

Paknheat:

Quote Originally Posted by paknheat
    I am looking at getting a small safe to put in my ride to make it more secure when i must un-arm myself.Just my 2 cents worth .Just experiment a little and find out what works best for you.
    Try http://www.center-of-mass.com/About_...Safe_Incar.htm this for locking in cars - I have four, and like them a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagphish

Doesn't anyone carry revolvers anymore?
    See this thread dated February 22 or so - pretty interesting! "Does anyone carry wheelguns as primary anymore?"

Enjoy!

Links